**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

Anyone see The price of gold this morning

$1940 and platinum is $1102

its going to be a good day for jewelers to sucker people who dont know any better

Last edited:

its going to be a good day for jewelers to sucker people who dont know any better

Paging all the dudes saying gold gonna drop and jewlery makers will charge less 😂

on anotha note I’ve been seen the Asian jewlers in LA kill it with 24k pendents.

82F47FC4-6D86-434B-B12C-974B046B12F1.jpeg

Last edited:

At $1940, its about $36-37 a gram for 14k.

So if anything, this is a good excuse for me to cop chains now before jewelers adjust their prices accordingly lol.

I'm really just being obnoxious and looking for an excuse to cop a chain I want now.

At $1940, its about $36-37 a gram for 14k.

So if anything, this is a good excuse for me to cop chains now before jewelers adjust their prices accordingly lol.

I'm really just being obnoxious and looking for an excuse to cop a chain I want now.
The thing is your not going to get 36 to 37 a gram when you go to buy thats spot price
you going to pay anywhere from 5 to 10 or more a gram on top of that
jewelers adjust their price everyday or once a week

You can't pay the whole price up front?

I’m not sure what you mean

for example if the price of gold is $36 $37 a gram anything on top of that is the premium or the profit that you’re paying to the jeweler

Now if a jeweler and this is another example how they make real money buys a piece of jewelry from you they’re going to pay less then spot price and then either melt or gold or take that and sell it for a profit which would be $36-$37 a gram with now become $46-$47 a gram and can be more or less

hell they can charge whatever the market will bring in

But as a customer this is how to buy gold and get the best price pre gram when shopping around
this is how I buy gold

I don’t buy custom bs because the Premiums are too high

no jeweler is going to sell you gold at spot price if you pay all at once or especially if you do a layaway plan

i believe that’s what your asking me

Last edited:
The thing is your not going to get 36 to 37 a gram when you go to buy thats spot price
you going to pay anywhere from 5 to 10 or more a gram on top of that
jewelers adjust their price everyday or once a week
I know, thats what I was trying to say, I think I wasn't clear.

The average price on the street for 14k was $47-50 if you didn't haggle when spot price was at $32. Now spot price is at $37 and they haven't updated their pricing yet.

It's going to be $7-15 surcharge per gram on average for the jeweler to be able to eat and live as well. So paying a $7-10 premium on gold per gram is preferable to a $15 uptick per gram.

In my experience and I'm always scoping out jewelry, on average for a cuban, its like a $15 charge per gram for 14k and thats for hood cuban spots. If you go to a chain jeweler, forget it, you're getting hit with $50 charges and BS small chains.

The only way these dudes are getting $5-7 upcharge per gram is scoping ebay / pawn shops nonstop for uneducated sellers, or they're buying rapper / NFL weight for the chains, going to the store, speaking spanish, and haggling with papi for the big order discount.

The average customer? You're paying $10 upcharge per gram mininum, thats if you're lucky.

Plus all the big dogs in Miami are so backed up with orders, they aren't gonna be haggling with you for $7 upcharge/labor for a gram of gold. Someone else is just gonna roll in there and cop at $12 labor a gram. You want cheaper gold, you can't go looking to cop a $5k chain/bracelet, you better be talking $20k+ and be a repeat customer for them to even entertain it in my opinion.

The more you buy, the cheaper it gets. But you gotta buy a lot for them to start lowering the labor per gram. Going up a few $k isn't gonna do anything to sway them when half of them got orders backed for months.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom