**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

So y'all wouldn't advise to cop a chunky Cuban right now? I feel like gold ain't gonna go down for like 5 years and I got the itch lol.

Just grabbed this little solitaire necklace today. Think I’m going to sit my cross I posted a while back on it.
85C510FA-6127-48E5-9C20-DB76D2568A92.jpeg

Shop smart and buy one

Why not?

If you got it like that and want it - cop it. In the process right now myself

might as well 🤷🏽‍♂️ doubt itll get any cheaper anytime soon, just make sure to shop around and bite on the best price from a reputable shop

Yea, I guess I just gotta say F it. Can't worry about it going down later on and being mad. I copped from Reys last time, so I think that's the route I'll take again.

So y'all wouldn't advise to cop a chunky Cuban right now? I feel like gold ain't gonna go down for like 5 years and I got the itch lol.
I wouldn't... but that's just me.
Screenshot_20210105-115614_Chrome.jpg

Price when I got my chain

Screenshot_20210105-115642_Chrome.jpg

Price of gold now...
up $20 a gram in less than a year.
as badly as I want a pendant and another chain, I'm in it for the long haul and will wait it out.
I started looking at watches instead to curb my appetite for something new. I'd rather spend $14k on a watch that I can get at a bargain and will hold its worth more than buying a chain now and all of a sudden the prices of gold normalize.
I could be wrong and $1900+ an ounce is the new norm, but that's just the risk I'm willing to take.

I wouldn't... but that's just me.
Screenshot_20210105-115614_Chrome.jpg

Price when I got my chain

Screenshot_20210105-115642_Chrome.jpg

Price of gold now...
up $20 a gram in less than a year.
as badly as I want a pendant and another chain, I'm in it for the long haul and will wait it out.
I started looking at watches instead to curb my appetite for something new. I'd rather spend $14k on a watch that I can get at a bargain and will hold its worth more than buying a chain now and all of a sudden the prices of gold normalize.
I could be wrong and $1900+ an ounce is the new norm, but that's just the risk I'm willing to take.

Yea, you're latter point is what I've been going back and forth with but this itch just seems to be not subsiding lol. I should have just copped both back in 2018, kicking myself for that.

what's the point of posting the same Jesus piece picture that was posted in here 2x already?
you guys with your personal vendettas and animosity and sly/slick/sarcastic motives really need to relax. like take your beef to the street and out of this thread.
Sorry for reposting just such a gorgeous piece

Last edited:
I can't imagine how much Icebox taxed you on that. When I was looking for my Rolex they were almost $2k more on pre-owned.

I ended up finding a brand new old stock Rolex with stickers for only $1k more than what they were asking.

I think the hype surrounding the cuban is what is really the driving force when it comes to price more than gold prices.

Basically while everyone wants a cuban I don't see prices getting any lower anytime soon.

Thats why I'm struggling on if I should get this rope for my son now or just wait it out and see if prices drop over the next 4 years.

I don't think it is worth waiting. Will gold drop to $1700 an ounce in the next 5 years, maybe, will the jeweler give you a way better deal then because gold is $200 lower than it is now, I doubt it.

I just doubt that you will see the type of drop that will make a big difference in pricing. I think the $1,000-$1,200 days are not coming back. The long term trend is up and not down.

doubt prices will plummet to the point where youre getting a crazy deal anymore...anything is possible but unlikely

sh*t i mean honestly who knows, you might be getting a deal now and months/years down the line prices might be absurd, its just hard to tell imo

Back
Top Bottom