**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

If the black jesus was done in Porcelin with color diamonds like Kanye's Jesus it would came out
eek.gif
eek.gif

I need a custom joint like this

blue ,green,brown diamonds

and with white diamonds as the lock cage around the earth

33az676.jpg

The facial features of the Jacob one next to it are actually pretty similar to it. I mean, I assume that the oversized nose and lips, as stereotypical as itmay be, were how they were defining it as a black Jesus. Proportionately speaking, the nose of the Jacob piece is large, too, and the hair looks like dreads bydefault because of the stone setting. The Jacob one is just much more impressionist than the 206--For instance, the arch of the eyebrows and how they mold intothe nose.

The piece is cool, without a doubt. However, all of NT was expecting something revolutionary. We wanted to see the Jesus piece equivalent to the advent ofelectricity.

Originally Posted by Russ tha G

The facial features of the Jacob one next to it are actually pretty similar to it. I mean, I assume that the oversized nose and lips, as stereotypical as it may be, were how they were defining it as a black Jesus. Proportionately speaking, the nose of the Jacob piece is large, too, and the hair looks like dreads by default because of the stone setting. The Jacob one is just much more impressionist than the 206--For instance, the arch of the eyebrows and how they mold into the nose.

The piece is cool, without a doubt. However, all of NT was expecting something revolutionary. We wanted to see the Jesus piece equivalent to the advent of electricity.
wait that reminded me- i thought they said no goatee before? was that an earlier version
nerd.gif

They'll prolly do a Jesus piece that looks like Jonas Bevacqua next.
the Jonsus piece been out homie-

gallery_891-m.jpg

if the jesus piece looked something like the actual design then maybe.. still looks like caca... only thing i see game changing is the bail.

PICS???
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

A suit has been filed against Memphis Grizzlies guard O.J. Mayo for breach of contract over nearly $150,000 in custom jewelry, according to a complaint filedin Los Angeles Superior Court.
According to the complaint, Mayo, who played at USC during the 2007-08 season, met with representatives of the store on April 1, 2008, to request"specially manufactured" jewelry.
The order included a diamond bangle, diamond ring, diamond necklace, watch and bracelet. Further orders, "as much as $150,000 a year," were to beexpected, according to the complaint.
Mayo, chosen third overall in the June 2008 NBA draft, never paid for the jewelry.

what I wanna know is who put up blurry pics? you got the kanye jesus confused with NLV's joint?
I don't get it.... nobody that I know has posted anything, but I haven't followed up.
I'm the only person besides NLV with pics. I see there was some minor drama with LAX and 206 and hence the unfinished pic inside the vice, but thats it.

I think the joint is fire, its pretty dead on to the artwork and I don't see other than slightly trimming down the thorns how it coulda get closer to theartwork.
but then again, Nate likes it, so I'm more happy about that then anything.

Nah, a long while back NLV asked me to post a blurred pic to show the size, compared to the Jacob. That was way back in the wax stage though, so it was just ablue blur.

I think the piece came out great. The craftsmanship is on point as usual with IF&Co and its damn close to the artwork i provided. Everyone's obviouslyentitled to their opinion, positive or negative, so to each their own. The bottom line is the client is happy with it. Was it "overhyped"? Probably,i never really said much about how AMAZING it was gonna be, to be honest. But i know either Ben or Nate called it a "game-changer" which was probablya little much.

Its all in each persons personal perception though i guess, cause honestly if you set aside the history and aura of the Jacob Jesus piece, the design of itisnt all that dope. Like someone else said, its like an Impressionist version of Jesus. The one i designed has a more realistic look to it, which is what iprefer.

All this over a Jesus pendant?

My question is why so many people want Jesus' head hanging around their neck?

My other question is if you're about to drop that much money on jewelry, why not have something one of a kind in concept AND design.

Im not trying to fuel the fire but..
I think the design is much nicer than the piece

I think the pdesign is much more artistic than the piece itself...
granted there will always be a loss in translation... when transferring a 2-d image, to a 3-d object/sculptural piece

Hopefully no one see this as shots fired.. I am an art major/figure painter so i figured I should chime in

A suit has been filed against Memphis Grizzlies guard O.J. Mayo for breach of contract over nearly $150,000 in custom jewelry, according to a complaint filed in Los Angeles Superior Court.
According to the complaint, Mayo, who played at USC during the 2007-08 season, met with representatives of the store on April 1, 2008, to request "specially manufactured" jewelry.
The order included a diamond bangle, diamond ring, diamond necklace, watch and bracelet. Further orders, "as much as $150,000 a year," were to be expected, according to the complaint.
Mayo, chosen third overall in the June 2008 NBA draft, never paid for the jewelry.

I know exactly who made that piece and I know where its at I will try to get pics. It was a yellow diamond 4 prong chain with some type of W or in black andyellow diamonds its been like a year since this happend

Its an ugly piece and chain btw
alien.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Coost where studyin art at my man?

SUNY at Albany..
U an art major too?
2799_644334436618_15717759_37708656_3200279_n.jpg

5414_671805344698_15717759_38968363_493431_n.jpg

Heres a cpl self portraits from last semester.. sry no jewels innem, @+**@ real broke right now

That's what I'm sayin'. The nose looks off, like the original artwork is more bulbous compared to the final product. Eyes would look better if theywere bigger, like the artwork.

I did a quick re-sizing of the face and I think it looks much better although I too prefer the artwork much more than the actual product. I personally thinkthe face looks to elongated and the eyes are too small as well. The upper lip mustache looks too thick IMO. In regards to the thorns, I don't like how theyare all pointing upwards. I would personally like it better if the thorns were pointing in different directions as if it was an actual crown of thorns.

el3aed.jpg

The one on the left is the original, the middle is the revised, and the right is of course the artwork.

Originally Posted by bionic90

why y'all so obsessed with jesus peices ?
i dont understand.
You clearly not from the north east. So you might as well just stop trying to understand. It is a staple piece in the north east hip hop culture.

is it me or is the left side of the bail all +#%#$$ up. the right side has sharp angles and then the left is round...

Back
Top Bottom