**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

its looks better that its done..but da jacob beats it out, da spiny thorns is a nice added touch though...

i'll tell you why i don't like da black jesus..if da bottom was angled da other way or just plain ol' asymmetrical i would've love it..idon't like da da neck line.

Originally Posted by JoeGalvan

the bail on that plastic/whatever jesus looks like its one piece. like the pendant cant move independently from the bail.
not the 1st runs of jesus's they don't...
but the 2nd run, they will be seperate, etc...

10h8tpw.jpg

this is the 3rd jacob jesus mold....
but that NLV jesus is that truth... the original man.

I'm gonna blog it over the weekend.

Originally Posted by BENBALLER

you cost a kid his job btw you know that right? call him 2moro and ask him. learn the code of ethics in the jewelry game if you want to respected as a jeweler.
smh.gif
smh.gif

let that be a lesson learned LAX
you're not where you need to be, learn some humility and keep at it
tired.gif

the bail on that plastic/whatever jesus looks like its one piece. like the pendant cant move independently from the bail.

10h8tpw.jpg

ummm how much for the white one? please let me know.
pimp.gif

I had seen 206's artwork before the fact and knew it was going to come out far better then the "unfinished" pictures.........The Artwork is justinsane, the finished joint is daym close to it

i cant front the neck area isnt even bothering me. im not diggin it like that.

say we didnt know it had anything to do with ben, nlv, or 206

cats would call it another ebay/mall jesus piece

like the jacob jesus is just the gold standard of jesus pieces........

its like how apple got the mp3 market on lock an many others can try.........

it is what it is. clean as always though........an its on point to the artwork........client likes it so thats all that matters at the end of the day.

change the game though.....everybody entitled to their opinion.

edit: i think the jacob jesus has just made me kinda bias, like if it aint broke dont fix it. classic

dudes be fronting lol.I love the stones on the piece, they are crazy clear and top notch quality but the actual "jesus" idea & design isterrible. Yall know damn well if someone just posted that randomly from an auction or a random dude wearing it in a club people would be giving the thumbs downand clowning it HEAVY. The design of it is wack as hell and I think if yall did it over yall could come with something better then that...seriously

I tried hard to like it but there's no way. Long as NLV likes it, that's wassup...

Originally Posted by ONHOLLOWEDGROUND821

I had seen 206's artwork before the fact and knew it was going to come out far better then the "unfinished" pictures.........The Artwork is just insane, the finished joint is daym close to it

Originally Posted by quik1987

Waits for the finished Jesus to be posted and everyone to compliment how fire it is*

Surprise surprise, no one saying it looks ugly, "Conan","Bob Marley" , or stupid now.

It's hot, nice work Ben, 206, NLV.

edit* any pics of it being worn?

you cost a kid his job btw you know that right? call him 2moro and ask him. learn the code of ethics in the jewelry game if you want to respected as a jeweler. don't worry about what anyone says on here of all places, I don't ever solicit work off NT really. it's more of just a showcase and I really don't even do that. Now jewelers who steal my pics and claim work they never did I will expose, but just because you have been defecated on here since you joined, then found a good setter, etc, don't get your chest all huffy bro. longevity, you already know the key

laugh.gif
wait so your saying he got fired.......
eyes.gif

The design/artwork looks good, but it seems a lot of details of a drawing are hard to interpret through jewelry. For instance, the dreadlocks that this blackJesus are supposed to have are there, but due to the placement of the stones, it looks similar to the same hair style we've seen on all the Jesuspieces--perhaps just because jewelry is a hard media to replicate the look of straight hair like that. Also, like Harm City said, it could have used a littlecontrast. The contrast (be in in metal or stone color) would have allowed for more definition of these details--details, that by having a professional designerdesign a piece, you would want as distinct as possible--which is already minimal in putting together a chunky piece of jewelry.

Originally Posted by Russ tha G

it could have used a little contrast. The contrast (be in in metal or stone color) would have allowed for more definition of these details--details, that by having a professional designer design a piece, you would want as distinct as possible--which is already minimal in putting together a chunky piece of jewelry.

This.

My only knock on the piece is that the crown should have been done in a different width than the locks for better definition.

Wow.... just as I expected.... Too much hype lol...

Funny thing is if the 206xNLVxIF&Co bumchums had just posted pics of the mold and not tried to hype it so much then they could have avoided theembarassment because they could have seen the feedback and made the decision to not do it. Instead they got tunnel vision and the conan piece was made.

I will say this though... I do really like the protruding thorns and the cross as a bail. In my opinion those aspects might actually be game changing. As inthose details would look incredible on the jacob jesus.

But in the end quality diamonds like the ones used will make any piece look nice.

NLV looking suspiciously absent for such a jewelry thread regular............

Originally Posted by str8hustler

Wow.... just as I expected.... Too much hype lol...

Funny thing is if the 206xNLVxIF&Co bumchums had just posted pics of the mold and not tried to hype it so much then they could have avoided the embarassment because they could have seen the feedback and made the decision to not do it. Instead they got tunnel vision and the conan piece was made.

I will say this though... I do really like the protruding thorns and the cross as a bail. In my opinion those aspects might actually be game changing. As in those details would look incredible on the jacob jesus.

But in the end quality diamonds like the ones used will make any piece look nice.

NLV looking suspiciously absent for such a jewelry thread regular............
i dont see how its tunnel vision if its NLVs piece...he had 206 design it...they liked it and went on....putting up the og artwork and hearing NTscriticism and comparison to the Jacob that we have known for like 15 years would be pointless....it isnt the NT piece...its what they wanted and thats that-

Originally Posted by Mateen Cleaves

10h8tpw.jpg

ummm how much for the white one? please let me know.
pimp.gif
i would wear the blk and the red joint... where could i cop?

^ I feel what u saying but how they gonna post up blurred pictures and hype something up so much like that, then it be that at the end...

I hope they was playing when they was hyping it up like that. Shoulda just posted it up like, "here's my new Jesus Piece through IF&Co which 206designed" and kept it moving. Dudes is fronting like they really had the wow face on when they finally saw the pictures lol, meanwhile in the back oftheir minds yall were like "that's just another generic looking %+% jesus piece" lol.

The stones are serious and some of the best I've ever seen.Its whateva though, I'm looking forward to what Les & Lax got coming up...

The artwork is
eek.gif
, but if the facial features were exactly like the artwork, it would probably be game changing. It just looks off to me.

Back
Top Bottom