**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

Originally Posted by sifupooh

Everyone seems to have a substantial net-worth. I'm on the outside, looking out. Any one with knowledge willing to have a conversation?

Go to school, get good grades, get a good job. Not complicated, but hard.

Originally Posted by jiggyji

Everyone seems to have a substantial net-worth. I'm on the outside, looking out. Any one with knowledge willing to have a conversation?

I would venture to say most of the heavy-hitters in this thread did not do things the traditional route. I could be wrong tho

Originally Posted by keithsweatsjordans

I would venture to say most of the heavy-hitters in this thread did not do things the traditional route. I could be wrong tho

Pretty much

I always wonder what would have happened if I didn't make some $$$$$ slanging shoes off NT and my relationships off NT
but my big connects were from the music biz, etc....

I still trip on the fact that i've been a jeweler now for 6 years and this past 3 months has been incredible.

the last 2 years have been amazing compared to 2008 and 2009, but this could be the best year of my life jewelry/business wise......

I can't see anyone starting a jewelry business though without some capital and I mean capital capital.

Originally Posted by The Notorious Bum

Pretty much

QFT. 
Going the traditional route will only lead to traditional results. 

If you want to get rich,which is how most people define success, work for yourself, not for others...... You will work harder working for yourself and be in control of your own destiny and ultimately reap the benefits of your labor.......

Networking is key, even if you have money you need connections in order to make moves..... I sold all my previous businesses that I used to operate daily and just kept some that just pay me rent.... Am in the final process of getting into an entirely new field that I have always dreamed of, but there is absolutely no way I would be able to have been able to do it had I not been asking around and making connections in the industry for the past 2-3 years.....

Originally Posted by DallasSneakerHead08

Originally Posted by The Notorious Bum

Pretty much

QFT. 
Going the traditional route will only lead to traditional results. 

People severely underestimate traditional results.  Lets say you study hard in high school get into a Ivy league school study finance and you get a job a big investment bank. In 3 year you'll have a 6 figure salary and a 6 figure bonus.  You'll be making over 300k in your mid 20's.  That's a lot of money and the end game upside is tremendous.  
But like Big Les said it is all about networking, its probably the most important thing for success in any industry.  But working for yourself is not always the way to go.  Entrepreneurship like Big Les, make so much more money than the average person because they have to bear much more risk than the salary employee.  There are plenty of super high paying positions where you dont have to take the risk of starting your own business but you have to have great connections and an elite skill set.  Although the same can be said for starting your own successful business.

All in all if you dont have access to capital or have commitments that dont allow you to take big risks going the traditional route is a better option.  People who think their just gonna making it by "hustling" are going to be out done by guys that "hustle" just as hard but have degrees and specialized skills.

Picture15.jpg

Originally Posted by PHONE CHECK HOMEY

I always wonder what would have happened if I didn't make some $$$$$ slanging shoes off NT and my relationships off NT

I still trip on the fact that i've been a jeweler now for 6 years and this past 3 months has been incredible.

the last 2 years have been amazing compared to 2008 and 2009, but this could be the best year of my life jewelry/business wise......

I can't see anyone starting a jewelry business though without some capital and I mean capital capital.

damn Ben, in this day an age that is great news.
What color are you gettin for the 2012 M5?

i hope i can enjoy the fruits of my labor when i hit my 30s for real for real, so the key to success is to network, network according to BigL and Ben.

It's the lack of knowledge that I feel makes a person poor , because they make poor decisions over & over again.

Ben & BigL are right tho it's all about Networking and that's what a lot of people lack gotta get out there and rub shoulders and see what's what.

I would say the traditional way is more so for 2nd and 3rd generation people with money. In order for you to establish that 2nd and 3rd generation, the 1st generation gotta hustle that money up the way I look at it.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Originally Posted by PHONE CHECK HOMEY

damn Ben, in this day an age that is great news.
What color are you gettin for the 2012 M5?

i hope i can enjoy the fruits of my labor when i hit my 30s for real for real, so the key to success is to network, network according to BigL and Ben.

there's a 40% chance I get a new body M5 and I'm pushin..... but I may get it for the wife to drive or swap with me because we have to have another larger 4 door and I don't want a SUV. but I just ordered the 2012 new body Porsche Carrera S and now I'm only getting black on black whips, it was all white whips for a while.... 
and I couldn't imagine making a ton of money in my early 20's like these kids I deal with now... that +%#% is so hard to keep goin and keep period. it's a constant grind period.

if I made $10,000 when I was in my 20's, I spent $12,000

now if I make $100,000 from a sale, I spend like $1,000 maybe.

Originally Posted by PRIME

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Picture15.jpg
Wait.. Amare is Jewish? Timeout coach..
That jacket though 
pimp.gif
Very...almost everything I have made him has some sort of jewish symbol.  Heres better pics of his rosary I made and a day date II that a remixed for him a few months  back.
so1kjl.jpg

sgh5qg.jpg

Back
Top Bottom