**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

Originally Posted by Frank Mucus

I think Big's Tito Jesus piece should've been included. It was the OG (unless you want to argue Ghostface) which set the gold standard for Jesus pieces. I could've provided pics for it too, like I did for Mo @ICEBOX.

eek.gif
@ the Ice Age being all real though

I felt the same way and we might be a Lil bias on that one. But I think that BIG's Tito has had a huge influence on just about everyone in the game. Since everyone from the guys at worldstar to Kanye rock Jesus pieces. And it's a staple in everyone's jewelry collection. But overall the only placement I didn't agree with was Nas's QB & the RocaFella pieces. Those should've been higher IMO. When Nas first brought out that joint he had everyone going bananas. And that ROC piece is the best crew piece EVER!! And is still iconic to this point. But the list was on point for the most part.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Juelz's terrible looking Jesus
x2_95cbc26

the werewolf boy Jesus 
laugh.gif

werewolf_boy.jpg

edit:

you're wild for those prices on your list, BEN

rappers are going to be real upset 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

you should have doubled or tripled it, just to appease the crowd 
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

The fact that no Tito nor Jacob Jesus made it to the list is just smh. The history of the Jesus piece in hip hop over pics of Run DMC or LL cool J's dookie ropes since its basically same think Eric B and Rakim was rocking on the Paid in Full cover...

Originally Posted by dboulders

I think Big's Tito Jesus piece should've been included. It was the OG (unless you want to argue Ghostface) which set the gold standard for Jesus pieces. I could've provided pics for it too, like I did for Mo @ICEBOX.

eek.gif
@ the Ice Age being all real though

I felt the same way and we might be a Lil bias on that one. But I think that BIG's Tito has had a huge influence on just about everyone in the game. Since everyone from the guys at worldstar to Kanye rock Jesus pieces. And it's a staple in everyone's jewelry collection. But overall the only placement I didn't agree with was Nas's QB & the RocaFella pieces. Those should've been higher IMO. When Nas first brought out that joint he had everyone going bananas. And that ROC piece is the best crew piece EVER!! And is still iconic to this point. But the list was on point for the most part.

the QB chain made it to the top 10, that's damn high my G
and the ROC chains were the highest label/crew piece so I dont get what y'all mean? and bias? I owned one.  I put a lot of cats before me. I'm just happy cats who know about jewels aren't questioning why Gucci or Plies or Wacka didn't make it when we all know why

as for the Jesus piece, it was agreed, no jesus pieces or crosses would be put on there, only the Murakami because it was commissioned by a famous artist.

I am writing an honorable mention but really explanation. BIG tito jesus would have been top 5 had this been about anything else just off GP.

I already wrote most of it, but i'm too tired to finish it.

and looneyrobert, without run dmc and ll, who came before Eric B and rakim, there wouldn't have been an origin of gold chains in hip hop, so no matter how relevant the jesus piece is today, that's like taking away the DJ and saying the serato over wax.

i liked the list and seen some i never seen before. i though nigo's were hollow b4 the list. mike jones was number 1 because it was really expensive and looked like pasta?
ohwell.gif

I don't know who said that..... but I seen it and I'm gonna be the last person to prop up another jeweler if the jewels is fake, but he got the piece stolen from him anyways, so it's a shame. I'm still trying to figure out why his pants were off when Trae knocked him out.

Originally Posted by PHONE CHECK HOMEY

I don't know who said that..... but I seen it and I'm gonna be the last person to prop up another jeweler if the jewels is fake, but he got the piece stolen from him anyways, so it's a shame. I'm still trying to figure out why his pants were off when Trae knocked him out.

i remember when Nas first debuted that QB chain he made people
embarassed.gif
eek.gif
 out here when it dropped. and i was saying that Frank & I were being bias with wanting the Tito Jesus to be on the list since he owns a OG and i have my joint. im still shocked that Nigo & Mikes piece were solid. thats just bananas i know Nigo has more $$$ than most people on that list but those jewels were so crazy i honestly thought they were costume jewelry or hollow. my neck starts to bother me from a Jesus & Cuban. that !#*@ has to be a few pounds of gold. so i could only imagine. Overall the list was solid. a few joints i didnt even remember. when you named King Johnny as the jeweler was that TV Johnny?? i still woulda put Eric B & Rakim #1 tho.. GOAT Swag when they released that album. with the big chains/rings/pieces and Dapper Dan clothes..
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 true OG's from NYC remember Dapper Dan..

edit: im suprised i didnt see that cross you made Fat Joe. that ##*+ was straight hurting feelings. i dont think ive ever seen a nicer cross setup..
pimp.gif
 for that one.. anyone have pics of that piece??

The list was pretty accurate I thought.... The timing was off on the Nas pieces, the original incarnation of the QB piece was from 1996 and the King Tut was from about 2004.....

list was pretty much on point, the exact order to me didn't matter since just making the 50 was good enough.

like bigLescobar said some info was wrong, method man has said various times his ice pick was made by jacob. there was no mention that cam'ron's globe is remote control, and just blaze has two ps controller chains, one is actually functional. also felt few pieces were missing, lloyd banks statue of liberty and his two circular pieces, young buck' spinning yb piece, and dip set (cam'ron's) diplomats big eagle plate piece.

Not only was Meths icepick made by Jacob, but he had it melted and broken down and remade into the Method Man logo as well... its not easy to make a list tho always gonna be some people who disagree with the selections..... woulda been cool to have detailed pics and specs on the pieces but obv not possible

^^ Not only was the icepick made by Jacob, it ran him $100k. It also broke in half and was hollow but Jacob raped him by saying it was solid platinum. He then had the upside down Wu logo made instead to keep it more simple.

Edit: BigL beat me to it.

^^ Not only was the icepick made by Jacob, it ran him $100k. It also broke in half and was hollow but Jacob raped him by saying it was solid platinum. He then had the upside down Wu logo made instead to keep it more simple.

Edit: BigL beat me to it.

Meth had the M piece on in Detroit...it hits HARD

Originally Posted by YMCMB

list was pretty much on point, the exact order to me didn't matter since just making the 50 was good enough.

like bigLescobar said some info was wrong, method man has said various times his ice pick was made by jacob. there was no mention that cam'ron's globe is remote control, and just blaze has two ps controller chains, one is actually functional. also felt few pieces were missing, lloyd banks statue of liberty and his two circular pieces, young buck' spinning yb piece, and dip set (cam'ron's) diplomats big eagle plate piece.

fyi, once 1 crew pieces makes it, nothing similar will make it, makes zero sense.
I love juelz dipset piece the best. my favorite.... I also forgot, it was my list? maybe not huh?

why would 2 or 3 spinning or circular pieces make it?

only things I forgot was Raekwons tarantula piece
if I had done jesus pieces, Biggie would be the only. too bad he never wore a bad boy piece.

as for girls, the only girl who had a chain was Lil Kim and she coulda made #50 but the list is done.
there were interns who did research on the pieces and King Johnny wouldn't confirm MANY of those pieces. so the only one that I can say was up there that they didn't list was Chamillionaires piece. otherwise, all the estimates came from either the jeweler who made it or the artist themselves via Complex.

Back
Top Bottom