**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

spot on ninjahood. I don't know if JoBH's is exact . I've only seen 5 row heads, like yours, JChambers, etc. JJ's was the first I've seen with a 3 row, but his isn't from Jacob from what I remember. Ben is the first I saw with a 4 row and then JoBH followed suit. I do remember years ago another NTer went to Jacob and said they come in a blank slate though, but I'm thinking it's all 5 rows on the forehead to keep things uniform and more simple.

Aye frank, forget a mold. Let me get the icebox or that ye joint for a bag of lays, pickled eggs and pigs feet from the ice cream truck. LOL

And LOL at the last couple pages. Wasn't that ogLALA tired of us reposting old pics of real jewelry but he was flooding the streets with silver, stainless steel and CZs?!

lol, repped.

ogLALA keeps digging himself a deeper grave.

:lol: @ everyone going in on guy

Jacob will make that Jesus any way you want it. He has a ton of different styles too that have been posted here previously. I'm sure that Jacob, Icee Fresh or Jason would all make that piece with a two row crown if you came correct with the dough. Fabolous had one from Jacob with three rows, or maybe it was Ja Rule. Remember Mayweather had that one from Jacob with 1 carat diamond eyes. Jacob is slimey though, I can tell you that from personal experience, I would never do business with them again. Jason has the exact mold for the kufi, Icee Fresh does too. LAX probably has the best mold for the other one because he made it off of mine that came from Jacob.

I think a fact thats always been lost in this thread is da fact that jacob 1uped da tito piece in this

Regard:

Da way jacob makes is piece is modular in nature, where tito is " 1 piece fixed" jacob's piece is "multi piece"

So different attributes from da crown to da hair is all "alterable" to da customer's specs. I remember my good homie CLdriva

Went and seen a disassembled one with just da face & hair wit a empty slate that can accept a kufi w/any number of rows or da thorns.

Remember the Tito and the Jacob are from two different eras. The kufi started out as platinum, that was the first version. The Tito is from the era of a few diamonds and a heavy amount of gold. The kufi rose to prominence during the platinum and heavy diamond era.

I'm starting to think all jewelers are shady. :smh:

just like mechanics. they can spot a sucker/mark from a mile a way and if you don't do your homework they will clean you out.

Zahir from icebox had issues with Lax in the past when he owed Zahir money.
Zahir took damn near a month to send me something on eBay that wasn't jewelry related after I filed a claim and got my money back.
I sent Lax some gold and it took him a bit long to pay up, but he did after I went after him.
Ben is a compulsive liar as far as his celebrity stories, but never heard of him doing any of his clients wrong.
Can't trust anyone.

just like mechanics. they can spot a sucker/mark from a mile a way and if you don't do your homework they will clean you out.

Zahir took damn near a month to send me something on eBay that wasn't jewelry related after I filed a claim and got my money back.
I sent Lax some gold and it took him a bit long to pay up, but he did after I went after him.
Ben is a compulsive liar as far as his celebrity stories, but never heard of him doing any of his clients wrong.
Can't trust anyone.

Yep.

has anyone seen/bought combat jack's book BLING? i haven't had a chance to look at its pages and am wondering if it really has some insight or if its just a bunch of pics of well know pieces.

has anyone seen/bought combat jack's book BLING? i haven't had a chance to look at its pages and am wondering if it really has some insight or if its just a bunch of pics of well know pieces.

Yeah I have it, it's cool.

Last edited:

Can't trust anyone.

you bought a set of them purple pigeon patches too? :lol: :smh:

Can't trust anyone.

nah it was some shutter shades 5 years ago. I was pissed cause I was slanging them for like 5 times the price he was giving me and I took payments from customers beforehand, had to keep them waiting. :smh::smh: . Then I come on this forum and see him bragging about discovering "trick" where he would cheat USPS by putting down a lower weight and paying less for a shipping label. Supposedly the package got returned to him, which is what took so long. If he's going to cheat over a few bucks, I sure as hell wont trust him with jewelry.

But I know Ben doesn't play that ****, he ships next day mail even for shoes and LRG gear. :pimp:

Last edited:

Can't trust anyone.

nah it was some shutter shades 5 years ago. I was pissed cause I was slanging them for like 5 times the price he was giving me and I took payments from customers beforehand, had to keep them waiting. :smh::smh: . Then I come on this forum and see him bragging about discovering "trick" where he would cheat USPS by putting down a lower weight and paying less for a shipping label. Supposedly the package got returned to him, which is what took so long. If he's going to cheat over a few bucks, I sure as hell wont trust him with jewelry.

Yep, they are all like that, Jacob included. If they can get you for $5, they will do it in an instant and don't even care if it will ruin thousands in dollars of return business. They are dealing with a lot of money, but they all have that low life petty hustler mentality. That's why none of 'em ever get return business and people will shop with whoever.

Last edited:

You have the book by miss info.

Combat Jack is a music lawyer who once had jay-z as a client. He was very influential in hip-hop. His Internet radio show really digs deep into how the music business is.

:rofl:

Cuz... How you gonna act like you know what books I have? I have both of those books, the one by Miss Info and the one by Reggie Osse and Gabrielle Tolliver.

Combat Jack is a music lawyer who once had jay-z as a client. He was very influential in hip-hop. His Internet radio show really digs deep into how the music business is.

Cuz... How you gonna act like you know what books I have? I have both of those books, the one by Miss Info and the one by Reggie Osse and Gabrielle Tolliver.

I got both them joints when they dropped.

I got both them joints when they dropped.

I already knew you would have 'em. BigL has both of 'em too.

Damn so who should we get our jewels from?

to keep it ALLLLLL da way funky it doesn't really matter.

these jewelers are basically artisans that work on margins.

as long as you KNOW YOUR HOMEWORK when it comes to gold prices, none of them can play you out cuz you know exactly:

da percentages da gold goes for-

how much these cats is charging for labor-

if you KNOW you're copping a used chain, then you know they can't chop your fingers off over their cut over scrap gold since they

cant charge for labor.

da only people you MIGHT have a problem with is known cats that have exclusive molds you can't get from other spots so they hold

da keys to certain pieces, but even in da grand scheme of things with da introduction of C&C machines, even that's really a irrelevant intrisnic

attribute that people may or may not give a **** about.

this is why this thread is so important, cats like me and others will TEACH YOU how to approach these jewelers with da right numbers so they dont

get you like a mechanic does because he knows you dunno da wonk behind da flash.

Last edited:
to keep it ALLLLLL da way funky it doesn't really matter.

these jewelers are basically artisans that work on margins.

as long as you KNOW YOUR HOMEWORK when it comes to gold prices, none of them can play you out cuz you know exactly:

da percentages da gold goes for-

how much these cats is charging for labor-

if you KNOW you're copping a used chain, then you know they can't chop your fingers off over their cut over scrap gold since they

cant charge for labor.

da only people you MIGHT have a problem with is known cats that have exclusive molds you can't get from other spots so they hold
Question is who is the best artist when it comes to custom work?

Ice box has always been terrible in getting back to emails; so I'm not surprised about the eBay issue.

When I saw everyone in this thread giving him praise, I tried my hardest to give him the benefit of the doubt. Ben even called him the next Jacob. :lol:
Can't believe that kid tried to knock a few bucks off shipping. Probably knocks off a few grams and carats on his pieces. :smh:

I legit once sent them an email they replied to 2 months later and really had the nerve to ask me if I still wanted the piece made.

Back
Top Bottom