**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

Pre-enamel was 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

^ looks better with the enamel imo

15xs6yw.jpg

refresh my memory, i'm sure ben baller said on twitter that if and co made these? right ben? doesn't look like the usual icee fresh work. that something special only in the vaults on request?

^^ Im going to say it again. Those are the best Jesus pieces. I assume they would cost less than the ones with diamonds in them or am I wrong?

Originally Posted by YMCMB

^ looks better with the enamel imo

15xs6yw.jpg

refresh my memory, i'm sure ben baller said on twitter that if and co made these? right ben? doesn't look like the usual icee fresh work. that something special only in the vaults on request?

If my memory serves me right, IF and Co did not make the set up in that picture. They did make some like it for sale, but eventually stopped doing so to prevent people from buying them and then setting in their own stones and passing it off as their work.

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

If my memory serves me right, IF and Co did not make the set up in that picture. They did make some like it for sale, but eventually stopped doing so to prevent people from buying them and then setting in their own stones and passing it off as their work.
that's weird, bb said on twitter when that pic appeared that they made it. i also have an email speaking with the other guy at ifandco and he also says they made it for kanye on a special request, prices were also quoted but i'll keep it professional and not mention that part here.

YMCMB we made those, but we CAN'T sell them, just like we couldn't sell the plastic joints we made with him. that's our bail, our piece too.
I am thinking of making the kufi version in a baby size for myself....
they're also almost 200 grams each, that is REAL heavy for a jesus piece

sidebar: if we actually released those plastic jesus heads? that woulda been a million for each of us in profit easily. smh

Originally Posted by YMCMB

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

that's weird, bb said on twitter when that pic appeared that they made it. i also have an email speaking with the other guy at ifandco and he also says they made it for kanye on a special request, prices were also quoted but i'll keep it professional and not mention that part here.

I could be wrong, but that's how I remember it.
Edit: BB cleared it up I guess
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by PHONE CHECK HOMEY

YMCMB we made those, but we CAN'T sell them, just like we couldn't sell the plastic joints we made with him. that's our bail, our piece too.
I am thinking of making the kufi version in a baby size for myself....
they're also almost 200 grams each, that is REAL heavy for a jesus piece

sidebar: if we actually released those plastic jesus heads? that woulda been a million for each of us in profit easily. smh
Pardon me if this is a dumb question, but why cant you sell them?  If a customer asked you to make that Jesus piece, but in the baby size, why couldnt you do that?  Thanks in advance.

^^^^^ I could do what I want really... and very few others even have the balls big enough to ask, but I break bread with dude and he's a pretty influential person and theres so much of a network there I wouldn't want to ruin. it's not even that deep though, someone else can do it. He bugged out when goodwood made their pieces. everyone bites everyone anyways.

I love when some peeps say, oh man, I want jacobs mold. i've switched some, played three card molly and they got them wrong. we made a mold off the actual jacob for both styles. so its a mirror image pretty much, unless you're speaking of the enamel one or the pave setting on the bail or small things we've altered.

also, the amount it costs for just a solid gold jesus piece that weighs that much isn't even very affordable, so if I sold over 170 jesus pieces last year including micros and baby and full size, after maybe 500 requests, only 1 said he'd think about it. the other 499 said they couldn't afford it. people forget how expensive real gold costs and that you pay for a mold, labor on the gold

thanks for clearing that up bb.

also, the amount it costs for just a solid gold jesus piece that weighs that much isn't even very affordable, so if I sold over 170 jesus pieces last year including micros and baby and full size, after maybe 500 requests, only 1 said he'd think about it. the other 499 said they couldn't afford it. people forget how expensive real gold costs and that you pay for a mold, labor on the gold
yep. which is why i responded to that member on the last page and said the price difference wouldn't be so big. people see no diamonds and automatically think it'll drop in the $2-3k range. the price i was quoted from ifandco was actually good and fair. i was inquiring about the process to purchase one but the person i spoke to broke it down like ben just did. cool guy too really went into detail about it. it was either that piece or a gold/blue submariner so i went with the watch. i still want it man
30t6p3b.gif
frown.gif

freaky,
soulja is crazy. I think somedays he wakes up and says I'm gonna spend $50,000 today whether it be on pizza and purp or clothes and some jewels.
I really start to think where the hell is the $$ coming from TODAY. the ring tone and other money is been done. he hits me up, I never hit him up, so with that said.... if I really hounded him like tv johnny does any rapper, then maybe I'd be able to sell more, but really he's had me fix a lot of terrible jewels, then melt down stuff. the jesus pieces in 2 colors is what he got so far and a rolex

freaky,
soulja is crazy. I think somedays he wakes up and says I'm gonna spend $50,000 today whether it be on pizza and purp or clothes and some jewels.
I really start to think where the hell is the $$ coming from TODAY. the ring tone and other money is been done. he hits me up, I never hit him up, so with that said.... if I really hounded him like tv johnny does any rapper, then maybe I'd be able to sell more, but really he's had me fix a lot of terrible jewels, then melt down stuff. the jesus pieces in 2 colors is what he got so far and a rolex
I know, that's why it baffles me that all he got from you are some jesus pieces. He's the type who would wear an iced out iPad around his neck.

^^^^^ I could do what I want really... and very few others even have the balls big enough to ask, but I break bread with dude and he's a pretty influential person and theres so much of a network there I wouldn't want to ruin. it's not even that deep though, someone else can do it. He bugged out when goodwood made their pieces. everyone bites everyone anyways.

I love when some peeps say, oh man, I want jacobs mold. i've switched some, played three card molly and they got them wrong. we made a mold off the actual jacob for both styles. [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]so its a mirror image pretty much, unless you're speaking of the enamel one or the pave setting on the bail or small things we've altered.[/color]

i like your mold and i think its spot on, but i also think you guys could do a better job with the thorns. the thorns/crown on the jacob look much more defined imo. i think the thorns are very important imo. on a side note, i like the white on the blog better
wink.gif

b5616540e354ac9a018a4a4a82726872c1870d9c.jpeg

i know its not the best example because of the camera flash, but they seem to be more defined/prominent

Originally Posted by python002

I love when some peeps say, oh man, I want jacobs mold. i've switched some, played three card molly and they got them wrong. we made a mold off the actual jacob for both styles. so its a mirror image pretty much, unless you're speaking of the enamel one or the pave setting on the bail or small things we've altered.

i like your mold and i think its spot on, but i also think you guys could do a better job with the thorns. the thorns/crown on the jacob look much more defined imo. i think the thorns are very important imo. on a side note, i like the white on the blog better
wink.gif

with the type of work that IF does i dont think it would be a problem for them to make a EXACT piece like the OG Jacob.. i remember seeing Ben say a while ago that Jacob actually called and was *****ing about them making those pieces. maybe its a trademark issue? i wonder if you can even TM a piece of jewelry..

and Ben are those joints you made for Yeezi 18kt??

Originally Posted by python002

b5616540e354ac9a018a4a4a82726872c1870d9c.jpeg

i know its not the best example because of the camera flash, but they seem to be more defined/prominent
That's the best one I've seen in white gold. I remember the story, nice come up
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom