**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by Ebay DosTres

yo this dude from vintage frames has these rappers walking around with gold plated chains 
laugh.gif

they're cool but meh at the same time 
sick.gif
i bets is those blouse lookin chains i see some of da hipster rappers i seen don lately.
roll.gif

sick.gif
i bets is those blouse lookin chains i see some of da hipster rappers i seen don lately.

seen 2 chainz rocking crap similar to this. which is all plated 
eyes.gif
wale be rockin that chanel joint too....cats bout to play out gold......again
30t6p3b.gif

if that happens then more gold for those who want it lol

Originally Posted by python002

Gold needs to back to 15 a gram for 14k for me to cop anything. I'll keep waiting until I'm dead.

if india and europe sell expect to go down that lol
lol... Ive gotten into this several times and always been shot down, but Ill be damned if this aint exactly what i was talking about.
"If its not about the price, then what is it about?"

If Ben's uncle, or LAX or any of the other top notch jewelers here made a piece in Gold and also in Stainless steel, wouldnt they be exactly the same?

if price isnt a factor for the metal, then the metal isnt important right?

its all about the craftsmanship right?

what it boils down to is that IT IS ABOUT THE PRICE.

so in reality, most of you cats are lyin to yourselves by saying "this is an investment" cause you secretly want to floss your money.

so what happens if gold got cheap again? like 82 cheap when having a pound of gold in a single chain was not O.D. expensive.

what would it all mean then?

if everyone got big gold cubans, then how do you tell which is cool and which is wack?

what would even be the point in having one if everyone has one in your world?

if you just love the look of it (jewelry), why not get it made with the same craftsmanship but for the best price possible?

i mean you love it right(jewelry)? not just cause its made of gold right? 

that means you never gonna sell it.

so the metal dont need to be worth nothing right?

Originally Posted by ThrillaGorilla

Gold needs to back to 15 a gram for 14k for me to cop anything. I'll keep waiting until I'm dead.

lol... Ive gotten into this several times and always been shot down, but Ill be damned if this aint exactly what i was talking about.

If Ben's uncle, or LAX or any of the other top notch jewelers here made a piece in Gold and also in Stainless steel, wouldnt they be exactly the same?

so in reality, most of you cats are lyin to yourselves by saying "this is an investment" cause you secretly want to floss your money.

so what happens if gold got cheap again? like 82 cheap when having a pound of gold in a single chain was not O.D. expensive.

if everyone got big gold cubans, then how do you tell which is cool and which is wack?

if you just love the look of it (jewelry), why not get it made with the same craftsmanship but for the best price possible?

Thats like saying buying good quality fake nikes is ok because you love the shoe.

Originally Posted by Diego Delgado

Thats like saying buying good quality fake nikes is ok because you love the shoe.
grin.gif
 I don't even know how to respond to Thrilla  

oddly enough that's what I'm about to do. I'm getting all the ideas, jewellers and materials together. Blood diamonds and ill gotten gold aint the way.

the price has some to do with it, but that is not the main reason...or any of the top 5.
when it was less than $300/ounce for nearly 2 decades, it was still EXTREMELY popular.

you're comparing gold and stainless steel like they would be the same, but the reason gold is used is because of it's benefits when using it for jewelry. it cannot be compared to metals like stainless steel/other alloys, silver, copper, brass, etc. gold is soft, but hard enough to work with and hold it's shape even with some beating/wear. gold doesn't get too hot when polishing. gold can be shaped and poured at lower temperatures than the metals above. gold is easy to bond when it does break or it's sized/repaired. gold also takes plating very well. when you compared metals like palladium and platinum, they are close, but still no where near these benefits i mentioned.

you cannot get anything made "with the same craftsmanship" like you're saying.

Originally Posted by moyopoyo

the price has some to do with it, but that is not the main reason...or any of the top 5.
when it was less than $300/ounce for nearly 2 decades, it was still EXTREMELY popular.

you're comparing gold and stainless steel like they would be the same, but the reason gold is used is because of it's benefits when using it for jewelry. it cannot be compared to metals like stainless steel/other alloys, silver, copper, brass, etc. gold is soft, but hard enough to work with and hold it's shape even with some beating/wear. gold doesn't get too hot when polishing. gold can be shaped and poured at lower temperatures than the metals above. gold is easy to bond when it does break or it's sized/repaired. gold also takes plating very well. when you compared metals like palladium and platinum, they are close, but still no where near these benefits i mentioned.

you cannot get anything made "with the same craftsmanship" like you're saying.

lol ok first lets say for fun that I know a teeny tiny bit bout what im talkin bout.
so what you tried to tell me in so many words is that gold is king strictly for its malleability and ductility?

Im gonna just shut up. 

I keep forgetting this is how ya'll eat.

Its like tellin a fiend that his crack shouldnt be so expensive infront of the dealer.

all this is gonna lead to is a bunch of archaic answers and attempts at reasoning it to "fake sneakers or clothes" to make me wrong,

knowing goddamn well that clothing and jewelry are like apples and cabbage.

14k 46 grams 10 carat diamond stud chain

would hate to destroy it so would like it to see it go to a good home

pm me

Any tips on negotiating when making a jewelry purchase?

Yesterday I went down to the diamond district to browse for a set of earrings. Most of the guys told me around 1200-1400 for the style earrings I was looking for. If I go back with cash would they be more likely to give me a better deal?

Ben posted a restock of the baby Miami Cuban link chains and baby Jesus pieces on IG , 4.5mm & 5.5mm.
Someone help me with pricing on the chains only?
nerd.gif

f8c28eb8a56011e192e91231381b3d7a_7.jpg

Originally Posted by AME416

Ben posted a restock of the baby Miami Cuban link chains and baby Jesus pieces on IG , 4.5mm & 5.5mm.
Someone help me with pricing on the chains only?
nerd.gif

f8c28eb8a56011e192e91231381b3d7a_7.jpg

Should be paying $36-37 a gram for 14k miami cubans right now. If you are paying more than 38, you're getting ripped off.

Back
Top Bottom