**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

Gold content isn't an exact science , you have a 70 gram bracelet made from stretch it can turn out 68 -72

Last edited:
Oh ok. Thanks for the info

I’m most likely going to go with las villas. Anyone have anything negative to say about them before pulling the trigger?

Looking for something similar anyone have any leads on decent selection.
D70A19B0-F0BA-4A92-82F4-326C16A675A5.jpeg

i swore off jewelry about 15 years ago when my parents' house got broken into and they made away with a gold chain mom's passed down to me. it was a piece she held onto while escaping genocide from the motherland. that **** hurt; didn't care that they took the laptops, cash, cut up the mattresses, etc. that small *** gold piece had so much sentimental value. never cried so much over something inanimate :lol:

i was initially interested in a cuban but after talkin with moms she guilt tripped me into doing something more "traditional" for asian folk. 24k, 22". pendant's only 12g and I could feel the joint shifting all over the place while running. idk how yall move around with anything that's heavier than 20g...sheesh lol i'm happy with the current set up. figure I'll get a 20" cuban at some point next year.

shoutout to Sonny Corinthos Sonny Corinthos M MrClean510 computersputin computersputin for the pointers yesterday.
IMG_0735.JPG

Bro that is dope

appreciate it my guy. originally, I was just messing around and looking at gold plated cubans that would've just been like dress up accessories. wasn't looking to spend over $250; figure if i lost it, mehh.. then I meandered into this thread and saw that folks were not playing about their pieces. yall prescribe to the go big or go home ideology in here, so i was inspired :lol:

i swore off jewelry about 15 years ago when my parents' house got broken into and they made away with a gold chain mom's passed down to me. it was a piece she held onto while escaping genocide from the motherland. that **** hurt; didn't care that they took the laptops, cash, cut up the mattresses, etc. that small *** gold piece had so much sentimental value. never cried so much over something inanimate :lol:

i was initially interested in a cuban but after talkin with moms she guilt tripped me into doing something more "traditional" for asian folk. 24k, 22". pendant's only 12g and I could feel the joint shifting all over the place while running. idk how yall move around with anything that's heavier than 20g...sheesh lol i'm happy with the current set up. figure I'll get a 20" cuban at some point next year.

shoutout to Sonny Corinthos Sonny Corinthos M MrClean510 computersputin computersputin for the pointers yesterday.
IMG_0735.JPG
Fire I’m not Asian but I wanted a similar piece forever with a jade Buddha buddy had one in high school

Fire I’m not Asian but I wanted a similar piece forever with a jade Buddha buddy had one in high school

i was eyeing a jade buddha piece hard. the way it paired with pretty much any yellow gold chain i linked it up to was :emoji_fire: . but ultimately, I was turned off by how much they wanted per gram ($115/g) + labor. had no idea that jade was more expensive than gold. given my clumsy self, I know i would chip it in no time.

IMG_0735.JPG
Link is fire, whole set up is fire lol

appreciate it my guy. originally, I was just messing around and looking at gold plated cubans that would've just been like dress up accessories. wasn't looking to spend over $250; figure if i lost it, mehh.. then I meandered into this thread and saw that folks were not playing about their pieces. yall prescribe to the go big or go home ideology in here, so i was inspired :lol:
I'm pissed I didn't pay closer attention to this thread years ago
Could have had a nice cuban for the low
Now all I'm getting are quotes at $50-$55 a gram for a 5mm cuban

Probably going to have to go with one of these machine made cuban dealers since this chain is for my son
Then go with handmade when I get my piece and chain

Found a jeweler that local rappers use but they have too many bad reviews
Going to hit up a spot in Big T bazaar where all the D boys get there gold chains and diamond grillz

IMG_0735.JPG

this is a fire set up! Might have to look into something like this in the future

For those that buy gold often, would the popular vote here be 14k or 18k ? What is your preference?
I wouldn't describe myself as buying gold "often", I like my setup the way it is now and don't see myself making any changes or additions to it down the years.

My preference is definitely 18k, all my jewelry is also 18k. (see: https://niketalk.com/threads/the-of...us-piece-chain.127594/page-2651#post-33810277 )
I love that darker shade of gold you get from it compared to 14k.

I'm pissed I didn't pay closer attention to this thread years ago
Could have had a nice cuban for the low
Now all I'm getting are quotes at $50-$55 a gram for a 5mm cuban

Probably going to have to go with one of these machine made cuban dealers since this chain is for my son
Then go with handmade when I get my piece and chain

Found a jeweler that local rappers use but they have too many bad reviews
Going to hit up a spot in Big T bazaar where all the D boys get there gold chains and diamond grillz

i'm pretty much a fresh face to jewelry but was doing some research on the historical price of gold. really kickin myself for not investing sooner. even if I jumped in as late as 2 years ago, I couldve saved a few hundred. before I get another piece, definitely gonna wait to see if the /gram price dips by 10% but i need to be more diligent about monitoring prices.

my dad always said, "you can bet on stocks, but you always count on gold." **** makes sense now.

My son(10yo) has been wanting to show his set up on here for a while and his new necklace came today so he is pumped. He is already thinking about a silver black diamond cross for his Bday, like I said all he ask for now is jewelry. And he practices and plays baseball and football with all his chains on.

¹Silver puffy Gucci Link
²2mm black diamond and dark blue sapphire(new)
³14k 1.5mm rose gold rope with 14k diamond rose gold cross

20201210_212337.jpg

IMG_0735.JPG

your mom knows what she's talking about
smart lady

if you dont mind me asking what did you pay per gram and are you located in nyc

24k is the best when it comes to jewelry a few jewelers now make western style chains such as puffy Miami Cubans

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom