**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

hsiman15 hsiman15 I don't care if it's not handmade, just want a nice piece. Where else do you recommend?

maldonado maldonado I'll try again lunchtime, thanks

@rwfanatic it's one of those things where I sent the message, no response, so then call a few times no answers, so then dm, no response... guess I'll start the process over

You'll notice that most (if not all) of the folks here going to the MIA shops are getting bigger handmade chains. If you getting a machine made chain, it's most likely coming from Italy and most shops have similar inventory (speaking about 5mm and smaller). If you live in a big city, just shop around your local places - they should all have miami cubans. I believe one of the better machine made brands was "vip" - solid, heavier, tighter links. Again, this is if you going 5mm or smaller. If settle on 5.5mm+ then def stick to the guys in MIA.

You'll notice that most (if not all) of the folks here going to the MIA shops are getting bigger handmade chains. If you getting a machine made chain, it's most likely coming from Italy and most shops have similar inventory (speaking about 5mm and smaller). If you live in a big city, just shop around your local places - they should all have miami cubans. I believe one of the better machine made brands was "vip" - solid, heavier, tighter links. Again, this is if you going 5mm or smaller. If settle on 5.5mm+ then def stick to the guys in MIA.

Yup, this right here.

At that point you're just trying to see where you can get the best /per gram price

UPDATE: I'll give y'all an update for those who was interested in how everything played out with the TA Jeweler, it'll be a long type out but in short he offered me a full refund and gave me a return label. Refund should be processed once he receives the ring.

Now for the details as it's not as black and white as I first thought it was. I tracked down a jeweler what was able to put the ring into a Sherlock Holmes 2.0 Device which is specifically identify lab created stones. The first 2 jewelers was only able to look in a loupe and under a microscope. Me living in ct no nearby jewelers and the Sherlock joint. In their opinion they stated it's likely lab created due to the stones lack of inclusions and that they all looked very similar which they stated as " highly unlikely"

Now for the Sherlock device. These are the images of the ring in the device and results.
IMG_20210208_121934.jpg
IMG_20210208_121916.jpg

For reference real diamonds are supposed to glow blue in this device The jeweler that did this test told me the green and off colored/dullish stones are CVD.

This comes from the Sherlock user manual he directed me to read stating such.
Screenshot_20210208-122625_Samsung Notes.jpg

Now it also states this that is it possible for a real diamond to test as green in their device.
IMG_20210209_130824.jpg

For me with the device as well as with the other jewelers opinion I still felt iffy even tho TBH it can go either way and it can be possible they're real. I spoke with Mathew from TA and he understood my stance and rightfully so, so he offered me a full refund just to clear the issue. In the end Diamonds are a ***** to deal with.

Also shout out to whoever told dude I was posting about him in here, said it was a gang of y'all. Shows we have a decent sized community in here.

Last edited:
About to shop with Rey’s.

10k or 14k? When it comes to quality, & is their 10k that much of a difference from their 14k as far as appearance goes?

UPDATE: I'll give y'all an update for those who was interested in how everything played out with the TA Jeweler, it'll be a long type out but in short he offered me a full refund and gave me a return label. Refund should be processed once he receives the ring.

Now for the details as it's not as black and white as I first thought it was. I tracked down a jeweler what was able to put the ring into a Sherlock Holmes 2.0 Device which is specifically identify lab created stones. The first 2 jewelers was only able to look in a loupe and under a microscope. Me living in ct no nearby jewelers and the Sherlock joint. In their opinion they stated it's likely lab created due to the stones lack of inclusions and that they all looked very similar which they stated as " highly unlikely"

Now for the Sherlock device. These are the images of the ring in the device and results.
IMG_20210208_121934.jpg
IMG_20210208_121916.jpg

For reference real diamonds are supposed to glow blue in this device The jeweler that did this test told me the green and off colored/dullish stones are CVD.

Now it also states this that is it possible for a real diamond to test as green in their device.
IMG_20210209_130824.jpg

For me with the device as well as with the other jewelers opinion I still felt iffy even tho TBH it can go either way and it can be possible they're real. I spoke with Mathew from TA and he understood my stance and rightfully so, so he offered me a full refund just to clear the issue. In the end Diamonds are a ***** to deal with.

Also shout out to whoever told dude I was posting about him in here, said it was a gang of y'all. Shows he have a decent sized community in here.
So we got NT rats now :lol:. If they’re Fam with him I understand but other than that **** is mad funny!! But I feel you, go with your gut and get that refund. As quick as they find a way to fraud you, technology finds a way to save you.

So we got NT rats now :lol:. If they’re Fam with him I understand but other than that **** is mad funny!! But I feel you, go with your gut and get that refund. As quick as they find a way to fraud you, technology finds a way to save you.

isnt it a good thing that NT is messaging him though? Lets him know that a community is watching and he’s gotta make it right instead of brushing him off.

I still think TA’s work is fire and would probably still get a solid gold piece from them in the future.

isnt it a good thing that NT is messaging him though? Lets him know that a community is watching and he’s gotta make it right instead of brushing him off.

I still think TA’s work is fire and would probably still get a solid gold piece from them in the future.
You right but I doubt that’s why they messaged him. They messaged him hoping to get a “good lookin out, I’ll take care of you on your next order” type of thing.

Crazy stuff regarding the diamond game. I’m shocked you got a full refund on a customs order.

Yeah I'm glad he did offer that, other jewelers would said **** off

Yeah that's the way I looked at it also.

Crazy stuff regarding the diamond game. I’m shocked you got a full refund on a customs order.

The only reason I can see them giving him a full refund on the custom order is if they knowingly frauded him on the diamonds or they are second guessing who they get the diamonds from now.

Do you mind sharing the cost of the Jesus? If not, no worries

I love their work and had them on the list but my guy frank mucus frank mucus said they got horrible customer service (I'm not in Cali), and the recent issue w/ homies diamonds is troubling

I've dealt with them on 3 different occasions and purchased 5 items. All communication have been through DM (I'm in FL) and I can solely talk based on my experience that their service has been great. I paid under 2k the Jesus piece, while the jeweler that has the similar piece is charging 5k for 14k + diamonds. I will definitely continue to do business with them.

Got through on a couple for prices today. quoted 55/gram for handmade 5.5mm from one, 53/gram for machine made 5mm from another. The final jeweler tells me 45/gram for 6mm handmade then says if local she could do 42 with approval. I told her I'm not local but I will pay $42 if she could get the approval. She then says, well we don't have any 6mm so I can't do that. Total waste of time.

Last edited:
Super annoying trying to buy from these jewelers through IG and text. I've been trying to get quotes for 4mm and 5mm from leon, las villas and rey's for about 2 months now. Unanswered Calls, email, dms and texts... The 2 responses I did get both weren't even for the sizes I asked about. One responds with 5.5mm pricing and another with 3.3mm pricing.
Call Limaxi or hit him up on IG I’ve never had any problems. I usually can’t get a hold of Leon’s on ig or the phone I deal with them in person though. Good luck bro.

I've dealt with them on 3 different occasions and purchased 5 items. All communication have been through DM (I'm in FL) and I can solely talk based on my experience that their service has been great. I paid under 2k the Jesus piece, while the jeweler that has the similar piece is charging 5k for 14k + diamonds. I will definitely continue to do business with them.
Whats the size on the JP?

IMG_20210208_121934.jpg
IMG_20210208_121916.jpg

IMG_20210209_130824.jpg

Also shout out to whoever told dude I was posting about him in here, said it was a gang of y'all. Shows we have a decent sized community in here.

damn...think ima stay away from diamonds or "diamonds" :smh:

giphy.gif

damn...think ima stay away from diamonds or "diamonds" :smh:

giphy.gif

All this information has me really thinking the same thing 🤔. Like do I put diamonds in my sons pendent or just go all gold?? And diamond is his birth stone. Its a hard call, also a part of me is thinking cvd are that well made is it that big of a deal for the small stones we are using. I would understand on a larg 3+ct stone

Back
Top Bottom