**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

True. And to be fair, I think some jewelers are getting finessed too on their wholesale purchases of materials.

It makes you wonder

tenor (2).gif

I mean if there that well made most jewlers now don't have 10+ years of experience to know the difference. I mean even a loop and high grade diamond teater won't work then every one will need to get everything x rayed. At least with gold there still th acid test im not going to care about 14k vs 13.555k

About to shop with Rey’s.

10k or 14k? When it comes to quality, & is their 10k that much of a difference from their 14k as far as appearance goes?

10k is 10k as far as gold content is concerned but, when it comes to the other alloys in the mix, jewelers might have a slightly different % of each one, which will lend to a slightly different hue in the end

Reys (any jeweler) quality will be more in the crafstmanship

The difference in color, between 10k and 14k isnt super big tbh

Ive never owned anything that is 10k but Ive seen plenty. I personally wouldnt go any less than 14kt (with 10kt your gold content is less than 50%) but 10kt is def a cheaper option for people that dont want to spend the extra bread.

I promise a 10kt Cuban done by any of the main spots will look chunky/clean af

Got through on a couple for prices today. quoted 51/gram for handmade 5.5mm from one, 53/gram for machine made 5mm from another. The final jeweler gave tells me 45/gram for 6mm handmade then says if local she could do 42 with approval. I told her I'm not local but I will pay $42 if she could get the approval. She then says, well we don't have any 6mm so I can't do that. Total waste of time.

Who quoted you these prices?

10k is 10k as far as gold content is concerned but, when it comes to the other alloys in the mix, jewelers might have a slightly different % of each one, which will lend to a slightly different hue in the end

Ive never owned anything that is 10k but Ive seen plenty. I personally wouldnt go any less than 14kt (with 10kt your gold content is less than 50%) but 10kt is def a cheaper option for people that dont want to spend the extra bread.

For real, names?

"And for the dough I raise, gotta get **** appraised
No disrespect to you, make sure your word is true"

Its an industry where most of the consumers arent knowledgable at all so its ripe for getting taking advantage of.

Plus we're dealing with small things where tiny changes in weight can make for giant increases/decreases in cost.. its TOO damn easy to finesse

Most people completely unaware what a fair price is or what the going market rate is for something. And even that is changing by the second. lol

"And for the dough I raise, gotta get **** appraised
No disrespect to you, make sure your word is true"

Its an industry where most of the consumers arent knowledgable at all so its ripe for getting taking advantage of.

Plus we're dealing with small things where tiny changes in weight can make for giant increases/decreases in cost.. its TOO damn easy to finesse

Most people completely unaware what a fair price is or what the going market rate is for something. And even that is changing by the second. lol
Just came to post the same thing :lol:

Dmd you the details

Back
Top Bottom