**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

that’s good ish right there. And no down payment? That’s good customer. after seeing that custom piece he was finishing up, I have no doubt it’s gonna come out great, and be a gorgeous stone. Honestly I work all week so whenever they hit me to pick it up I’ll be there. I ain’t in a rush. If like 3 days go by and iont hear nun, then I’ll stop in and rush the process [/QUOTE]

I ant going to lie sometimes the uppity whites do they 💩 right. But that is a long time line I would see if you could speed them up a little. Thats were I went for my sons coustom pendent. Hood jewlers were all $3000 and $2500. And thats with one diamond. The anglo saxon jeweler said $1150 and broke down what each piece would cost. So I went with him. Locked in my gold price with no down payment(I was like what!!) Got the Design approved last week. Would have been done but I involve my wife so that made it last a whole extra 3 weeks 🤦🏽🤷🏾‍♂️

And shouts out to @GeorgeGetsItDone he had a good price and always kept it 💯
[/QUOTE]

I’m throwing it on my 3mm 26in. Plain Franco, then I’m throwing this angel on my white gold 2mm 22in Franco, n rockin that out. My idea on that is since the St Michael pendant’s mainly white gold with white stones, and the gold st Michael dead in the middle, that’ll clash well with my gold angel that has diamonds and looks mostly “white” cause the stones, wit the tiny bit of gold that’s in the face of the angel. I hope that made sense😆 I’m a lil stoned’t:smokin
mikebthatsall mikebthatsall what kind of chain you going to put it on?

Idk when I’ll get froggy enough to leap, definitely not for MONTHS, but I do eventually wanna grab one of these angels to throw on the WG Franco, and replace the one I currently have.

Attachments

• 33D48672-9E91-4961-AE8C-BFB5DEC53B73.png
    33D48672-9E91-4961-AE8C-BFB5DEC53B73.png
    688 KB · Views: 68
  • 4E7E51F1-5C32-4CD4-8A9E-4E35BDB5CD69.png
    4E7E51F1-5C32-4CD4-8A9E-4E35BDB5CD69.png
    352 KB · Views: 206
  • B7472D97-7B59-4F91-B630-63FBBFC28F93.png
    B7472D97-7B59-4F91-B630-63FBBFC28F93.png
    759.3 KB · Views: 312
Chinatown in sf? Did you go to kim dahn? $15 a gram for labor isn’t bad but not on top of $64 when spot is $55

went to a spot in Oakland called Kim-some ****.. bruh there are like 3 or 4 asian jewelers in oakland and they're all called Kim-_______, all within the same vicinity of chinatown -this one was off of 8th street tho. do you have experience with Kim Dahn? I'm thinking about heading out to SF to window shop at their chinatown in the upcoming days

but like you said, it was hard to justify purchasing it when the price of gold has dropped down to $55/gram. I would've felt comfortable paying a total of $70/gram. if it was a 10-15g pendant, I wouldn't think twice, but given the weight of the chain, the difference she was asking for was about $550-$600. I guess if I'm trippin off a few hundred, then maybe that's a sign that my broke *** shouldn't be trying to buy gold...loved the piece, but couldn't let myself buy it on the principal that i don't want someone gouging my pockets.

That chain style is dope as hell

In an attempt to find the name of that cut, i looked up "chain style hong kong." didn't find out the name but came across this photo. perhaps not our cup of tea, but definitely unique relative to what i've seen at asian jewelers and places like zales/kay. makes me wonder what chain styles exist that i have no clue about.

4a38f57218a65f34940e973e656d7803.jpg

was in chinatown yesterday and decided on window shopping and came across this chain:

3DF3B575-7795-419E-86D9-044CE5C2CCF4.jpeg

anyone know what style of chain that is? i’ve never seen it before. woman at the shop said it’s from hong kong and that they rarely get them here in the states. the bail had two dragon heads. joint was saucy but she was TAAAAAAXING on the price.

it was 24k but she was charging $64/gram + labor was another $15/gram.

$79/gram just seemed a bit too much for me, especially when gold’s price is pretty low currently. i understand that jewelers don’t adjust pricing day to day according to international prices of gold but still, that sticker shock hit me.

My friend said that is called a toggle link chain, popular in Vietnam

went to a spot in Oakland called Kim-some ****.. bruh there are like 3 or 4 asian jewelers in oakland and they're all called Kim-_______, all within the same vicinity of chinatown -this one was off of 8th street tho. do you have experience with Kim Dahn? I'm thinking about heading out to SF to window shop at their chinatown in the upcoming days

but like you said, it was hard to justify purchasing it when the price of gold has dropped down to $55/gram. I would've felt comfortable paying a total of $70/gram. if it was a 10-15g pendant, I wouldn't think twice, but given the weight of the chain, the difference she was asking for was about $550-$600. I guess if I'm trippin off a few hundred, then maybe that's a sign that my broke *** shouldn't be trying to buy gold...loved the piece, but couldn't let myself buy it on the principal that i don't want someone gouging my pockets.
Kim tin at 735 international in oakland is supposed to be known for good prices. Kim danh on 875 o’farrell in sf supposed to be another good one. Never had experience with either.

Definitely gonna acid test it myself. The second jeweler gave it the loupe test,without me asking. Then basically confirmed when I told him that they’re supposedly VS2 G color. His response was simply, “yeah, those stones are beautiful”where can I get X-ray testing done?
I got a few things tested at an XRF dealer all the way out in Lockport in 2010 I think it was. was odd since they didn't advertise the service online, I called to axe could you test stuff I have & they were like well we're moar of a dealer of the equipment but sure. when I got there turns out they were a lowballer we buy gold typa business too, really weird. they wouldn't (couldn't?) gimmie detailed results just advised whether stuff was really 10 & 14 carat gold. I offered $$$$ & they said no.

Last edited:
Why these people so weird?? Gotta buy your own gold testers if you want anything done right I guess, smh
I got a few things tested at an XRF dealer all the way out in Lockport in 2010 I think it was. was odd since they didn't advertise the service online, I called to axe could you test stuff I have & they were like well we're moar of a dealer of the equipment but sure. when I got there turns out they were a lowballer we buy gold typa business too, really weird. they wouldn't (couldn't?) gimmie detailed results just advised whether stuff was really 10 & 14 carat gold. I offered $$$$ & they said no.

I think it looks cool because your flexing big 💩. But me personally would never were anything like that. Put hey I am super vanilla. Katie's, polo, & pullover. Jeans, white T. Chain tucked 89% of the time. But my niggs they always going to buy designer and diamonds and gold everywhere flashy. And if you a rapper or most sweet kats thats just the way you got to play it.

There’s a dude accepting offers for this pendant on eBay if anybody likes Egyptian jewelry. The bale on this thing looks so dope. I like the use of different colored stones, whoever came up wit the design did a great job

Attachments

• 4A007842-B716-487D-844C-0226A10CBBE0.png
    4A007842-B716-487D-844C-0226A10CBBE0.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 72
  • DA25C385-0FCC-4AF7-8C14-612320587904.png
    DA25C385-0FCC-4AF7-8C14-612320587904.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 108
  • 1A3EF8B7-0003-40EE-BD36-77A2EC86142E.png
    1A3EF8B7-0003-40EE-BD36-77A2EC86142E.png
    1 MB · Views: 115
They are entertainers y’all.
lettem entertain us.
I love seeing big gawdy jewls. No matter how goofy.
🤷🏽‍♂️

all the clangin and bangin of his chains, bound to lose some diamonds just walking to the kitchen. when they're not all stacked on top of each other, dababy's pieces are ****ing dope

johnny dang, i know he's hella popular but that man stays looking goofy and cringey in any video :lol: nonetheless, props to him for building his empire.

Back
Top Bottom