**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

Exactly. That’s a 50% markup on the current $40 pricing for 14k. They aint fooling us with that 10% 😂

Saw a few spots that had 14k for 36 a gram on certain Cubans but they weren’t from the usual spots.

Last edited:
Some of those spots like grimal,limaxi c4g, Leon price vary with the price of gold fluctuating. Lowest I’ve seen was from grimal at 34.5 a month back or so. I purchased my Cuban at 39 a gram. Now same spot is currently selling em at 37

Exactly. I follow them all on IG and they post a lot of great deals. Jacoje and trax and all these overpriced places aint ever getting my hard earned money.
maxair59 maxair59 has great prices too and my latest heavy pieces came from him

But all of the jewelers that sell smaller Italian machine-made chains charge more for them and don't charge per gram as they would for bigger chains. Leon's confirmed this for me in store. So,for example - Jacoje has a 2.5mm 14K 18 inch Miami Cuban for $600 - who has a cheaper price than that?

Last edited:
But all of the jewelers that sell smaller Italian machine-made chains charge more for them and don't charge per gram as they would for bigger chains. Leon's confirmed this for me in store. So,for example - Jacoje has a 2.5mm 14K 18 inch Miami Cuban for $600 - who has a cheaper price than that?
Check Harlem bling he sells solid 14k stuff to. For example Franco’s at 45 a grams. Way less than jacoje n saint gold

Nah B, just like with sneakers you avoid the sites with “kicks” in the name, same applies for jewelry, avoid sites with “bling” in the name. Not saying “some” can’t be good quality/legit, but it’s best to avoid them.

I may be wrong but the only chains that are 35, 40, 45/gram are the hand made in house cubans (made with who knows what qaulity gold since a lot of them are scrap gold buyers as well), compared to Italian made Curbs, Figaros, Ropes, Box chains etc. Jacojie, Sarraf, Jumpey2003 on Ebay have some of the best prices around for Italian chains.

Would these Cuban makers selling for the low actually sell you a 3.5mm Miami Cuban for much cheaper than Jacojie?

I may be wrong but the only chains that are 35, 40, 45/gram are the hand made in house cubans (made with who knows what qaulity gold since a lot of them are scrap gold buyers as well), compared to Italian made Curbs, Figaros, Ropes, Box chains etc. Jacojie, Sarraf, Jumpey2003 on Ebay have some of the best prices around for Italian chains.

Would these Cuban makers selling for the low actually sell you a 3.5mm Miami Cuban for much cheaper than Jacojie?
14k is 14k, don’t matter if it was melted from scrap or melted from a nugget and Yes you can get a machine made from the Miami jewelers cheaper than Jacoje.

14k is 14k, don’t matter if it was melted from scrap or melted from a nugget and Yes you can get a machine made from the Miami jewelers cheaper than Jacoje.

Sorry pal but this isn't true. Scrap gold has to be properly refined before using it to make jewelry.

Looks like Daniels is selling their 3mm 14k Cubans for $63/gram.

Sorry pal but this isn't true. Scrap gold has to be properly refined before using it to make jewelry.

Looks like Daniels is selling their 3mm 14k Cubans for $63/gram.

So you can tell the difference between properly refined scrap gold chain vs a machine made one? And Daniels never changes his website prices. And not trying to be sarcastic either.

So you can tell the difference between properly refined scrap gold chain vs a machine made one?

No I wouldn't be able to tell. You're just more likely to run into issues using scrap gold that would be obvious.

Screenshot 2022-11-24 at 3.44.23 PM.png

Last edited:
This isn’t true. As I said in my previous response . The Miami Cuban spots do not charge per gram for Italian made chains as they do for other chains. I was in Leons and this was confirmed to me , because I was surprised at the price.

It depends on your jeweler….all my chains are Italian made and got it for a good deal but this was in 2016 and 2017…you have to shop around and try to haggle… some jewelers are firm with their prices though

Pal aka Frankie Blue Frankie Blue Also the machine made chains are smaller and less grams and Also are outsourced so it wouldn’t be worth their time to hand make (since the smaller chains are probably 90% of their business, it would consume them night and day to make them)and harder for them to come down on price per gram. And everyone knows the higher the grams the less you pay per gram hence why the hand made ones are cheaper per gram. So all their handmade Cubans are made from scrap? Hard for me to believe all those jewelers find that much scrap and don’t really hear to many complaints about their products.

Last edited:
It’s easy to cherry pick an article and a website that never gets updated to validate your point. Definitely can get a new 14k machine made for 45 a gram and don’t have to be lucky and get a used one for that. LA Jewelry district for sure. If I’m buying straight gold and hand making it of course I can charge lower and make a profit, but if I’m outsourcing it and buying it already made there usually isn’t much wiggle room. Pretty common sense.

Back
Top Bottom