The Official Jordan XXXI Thread

If any Jordan 31 can be rocked casually, it's the Fine Print. They're very reserved and can be worn with anything really. Great throw on shoe. That guy needs some style tips, starting with the hair! 
roll.gif

My favorite color thus far is the Banned, because they have the cool pop of a BBall sneaker but can still be worn casually without screaming for attention. It's still classy for being majorly red. The Fine Print is second and the USA third, both being real clean. I need to see more of the SBB before I can judge it.

" hi.....im not a hooper, so here is my review on the shoe after filming 3 set shots. They seem pretty good, ask kicks genius or somebody, I dont know.
Even tho I clearly have never even seen a court in my life, I bought this shoe for ballin and dont really recommend wearing these off court"
:lol:
I swear youtubers thirst for content is real. Any info he provided could be known from a quick glimpse of the shoes initial images.
He didnt even need to talk.
Those went right back to footlocker when stop got pressed.
All in an attempt to give nike so much free advertising, they make him a sponsored "influencer".
Shoetubers are thee worst

joggers and 31s? na. this shoe is too bulky for that .
my favorite colors are
- fine prints
- banned
- rio
- sbb ( its black and not brown right? )
- usa

the all blacks are #1 if they hit retail

What is your guys' favorite colorway so far of the 31?

My number 1 is the Fine Print, and then 2nd is the USA. Only problem is that once the flyweave starts getting dirty, the shoe will look old very quickly.
I like bright colors on shoes so my #1 is the USA color (I'm also a Detroit Pistons fan, so they're our colors and that's dope), but #2 is the Rios, with Fine Prints 3rd and the Banneds coming in 4th.

I really want the home Croatia ones to be released with the white shoe and red toe and Jumpman logo. Fingers crossed we get something like that.

I wore my Banneds with some tech fleece pants last week and thought they looked fine. Not too bulky at all.

I'll wait until I have my fine prints on hand to make final determination, but right now I'd go Banneds, Fine Print then USA. I'm enjoying all of my pairs right now though.

Did someone mention earlier in this thread about a Black/Royal colorway releasing next year?

1. Fine Print

2. Banned
3. USA
4. Rios (which they would have went with Green/Yellow ala Oakland A's for this colorway)

Did someone mention earlier in this thread about a Black/Royal colorway releasing next year?

1. Fine Print

2. Banned
3. USA
4. Rios (which they would have went with Green/Yellow ala Oakland A's for this colorway)

Should coincide with the Royal 1 release.

You guys gassing me up for this color way.

Personally, I think it's

Fine Prints (despite not owning them)
USA
Banned

Not feeling the Cleveland Brown color way.

Sorry if i missed it but are we gonna get any colorways where the heel leather and jumpman are the same color?

Yea I can't wear mine, the right shoe keeps digging into my pinky, can't return em either smh

I seen that and yea i agree it didnt look right. It still bothers me though... maybe i cant be pleased lol :smh:

For me, with the Jordan XXXI being influenced aesthetically by the Jordan I, I think the giant Jumpman is the modern equivalent of the original's giant Swoosh. And like the Swoosh on the original, the big Jumpman makes the shoe for me. Having a black on black could work but the model would have to be designed with that in mind from the get-go.

As you see in these two pictures, the 31 Banned was trying to copy the original's colors with new technology. The 31 has more black on top and more red on bottom but they did a pretty good job!
Originally Posted by 05FordGT  

Last edited:
"Hypebeasts" caught word about the Blk/Wht Fine Print 31s, and they nearly sold out of these shoes at the HOH FTL at Baybrook Mall here in Houston.  When I went there to try one on, they said they only had like 4 pairs left.......and they were lucky enough to have only 1 pair of size 12s left.

Yet, there are still a ton of pairs of the Banned Bred 31s at the Baybrook FTL and the Baybrook Champs store.

The "Fine Print 31s" got hyped up big time........which was totally unexpected for a shoe that had a solid number of stock come in.

What is your guys' favorite colorway so far of the 31?
1)  Fine Prints

2)  Banned

That's it......I actually hated the USA colorway.  I just wasn't fan, and that USA colorway actually made me originally blow off these AJ31s at first.  Both the Banned and Fine Print colorways won me over on the 31 silhouette.

Last edited:
this isn't a shoe u rock with designer jeans and so forth. this isn't a shoe u throw on when it's time to get "fresh." u throw these on to the gym or grocery store with hooping shorts or sweats is what he means and i totally agree. 3s or 4s (and obviously 1s), for instance, u can rock to a bar or even a lounge with your fresh gear and be fly. these are a performance shoe that will make u look rather foolish tryna rock certain places. i'm sure that's what he means. like having on a "fly" outfit with some hyperdunks. it doesn't work.

Back
Top Bottom