The Official Jordan XXXI Thread

RE: Traction.  I played in a pair.  Traction is a letdown without even considering it's a $185 shoe.  I play on three different courts, and whaddaya know, one is really nice, one is semi-dirty, and one at times is really dusty.  

On a nice court, you won't have problems.. they work well.  Almost everything sticks on a nice clean court.  Semi-dirty court you can get away with wiping.  There's a noticeable difference between these and better shoes, but they are absolutely playable.  Not horrible like some reviews would make you think, but not great either. They are not good on a really dirty court though.  Slippage on quick stops and just didn't feel planted during general movements.  I went back to my AJ 28 SEs on this court and there was a stark improvement.  I still play in 28 SEs regularly.  I have a pair of 29s.  Had a pair of 30s, but they ripped on the upper after a month and I sent them back to nike.  Traction on the 31s is the worst of the bunch.  I think 28, 29 had excellent traction.  30 was very good.  31 is just so so.. medicore.  below average.  I think AJ traction has been slowly decreasing since the 28 and we've hopefully hit the bottom.  Next to something like the 28 or the Curry 2 these just can't match up.

Last edited:
^I agree, this rubber doesn't stick well to most courts. XX8s/Melo M10s were perfect. My gym's court is maintained well, but most city-operated recs and schools are not. Those are where most of your ballers hoop. Not sure why they are insisting on translucent soles for these.

There was a pic of the "black toe" 31s up on IG yesterday..I can't find it anymore must have been taken down

Red heel, black jumpman, black liner, WHITE toe weaved into the red heel. Think it had a black swoosh. White midsole, red sole with what I think was the Chicago skyline across it.

Execution was very meh and passable.

Theres literally nothing 'Black Toe' about those...maybe its the Chi colorway?

Pretty sure the chi colorway is to go along with the black toe 1 since the skyline was in the infamous jumpman pic when he wore the black toe 1. Wasn't expecting so much red. Disappointed.

Last edited:
Pretty sure the chi colorway is to go along with the black toe 1 since the skyline was in the infamous jumpman pic when he wore the black toe 1. Wasn't expecting so much red. Disappointed.
Yeah the Chicago & Black Toe are related Bulls colors so makes sense. I would have preferred a real black toe version though. I don't know what to think of these. I felt the same about the Shattered Backboard until I saw more pictures then I loved them. They're kind of dope in a way but $185 dope?

They look a bit too much like the Banned. The bottom is virtually identical! Actually these are like the "Reverse Banned" for those who missed out in September!
happy.gif

Last edited:
This. I wanted SBB with Orange swapped to red. I'll reserve final judgement for Nikes glamour shots. And if they send me a 'reserved for you' email, I'd probably cop anyways. [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Thats why they calling them Chicagos and NOT Black Toes.

Guess we wont ever have a true Black Toes CW for these 31s, the closest we have are the SBB 31s now.

But for a Chicago CW of the 31s, I like em

Back
Top Bottom