The Official Jordan XXXI Thread

Meh.

I like the XXXs so much more tbh.

Off of a (possible) first look, I feel like the same way.

The model in that picture looks like an updated 2010-12 Team Jordan in a Jordan I inspired colorway. Interested to see where they're going with these, though.

The XXX's were awesome from day 1. These have potential. Whether or not they have the same cache as 1-14, the last models since the XX8 have been excellent performers and looked at least decent.

Done. Finished. Garbage.

It's the same reaction year after year. I remember the same type of responses going back to the first Air Jordan XIV pics leaked way back on NikePark in the 90's. And year after year, Jordan Brand continues to produce. I've been collecting shoes for a long time and I expect this reaction every time the "new Air Jordan" is shown for the first time. The initial reaction is always like this and then it slowly changes. Despite the hate, these will still sell better than the stuff Adidas puts out. They'll probably drop in price after awhile and they'll probably perform like beasts on the court. Air Jordan fans will buy them regardless. Onlookers will continue to be disappointed that these aren't the XI's again.

I myself, will hold judgement until I see these in person or atleast better pictures. However, from this picture alone, I'm excited about the possibilities. If the marketing campaign is gonna focus its inspiration from the Air Jordan 1's, how awesome would it be to show classic footage or pictures of MJ during his rookie year rocking these instead?

What was the last Air Jordan model that people still consider significant, in terms of aesthetics and off the court wear? Most people seem to agree that it was the XX3.

I love my XX9 lows but I wouldn't be caught dead wearing them casually.

No disrespect to Hallywoodxo.But your crazy for thinking 1-14 weren't the best looking basketball shoes ever.Did they sell out on the first day of release no.Your getting hype confused with facts.Hype consumes this generation.Why is that.Because of how 1-14 made history from the looks perspective.It was a perfect explosion.Mike became the best player ever.The combination of his ideas with Tinker did that.It was definitely about looks as well as history.1-14 can't be touched by any other shoes from a casual stand point.Why you think rappers and celebrities where wearing them back then.It was because Michael was making history.But the shoes where fire off the court as well.Tell me any other type of tennis shoes,or basketball shoes that look as good 1-14 off the court.Those shoes influenced almost everything in the fashion world from day 1.If Mike had ugly shoes from back then.They wouldn't be as popular.The XXX1 is trash.Take off the Jumpman.Give me some type of red leather Swoosh on both sides.Not that faded crap.Change the toe box into some type of design.Add some leather layering in the back to resemble the 1.Then change the bottom sole a little.Then i might think about buying them.Looks like i won't be getting these.There getting real lazy at Nike/JB from a design perspective.For casual wear,these look horrendous.They probably feel good on court though.Just like 29- to now.Nobody is going to wear these with a fit thinking there doing it.Thats what most people don't understand.1-14 changed everything in fashion.In a sense of how they look in the streets.Its reason why kids would be eyeing your j,s in class all day.Until they could get them.From using red and black on 1,s.To seeing the clear sole bottoms for the first time.Those shoes made history off the court just as much as MJ did on the court.Nobody has been looking at any of the new sig models thinking.I can't wait to wear those with some jeans.There not even trying anymore.These should be team Jordan's.September 3 is what i need.

You're making too much sense for these Jordan fanboys. I love how people on here post "WELL PEOPLE SAID ABOUT MODELS BACK IN THE DAY AS WELL!" but yet they have such a short memory when Jordan Brand put out monstrosities like this flagship model (AJ 2010):

Air-Jordan-2010.jpg

You're making too much sense for these Jordan fanboys. I love how people on here post "WELL PEOPLE SAID ABOUT MODELS BACK IN THE DAY AS WELL!" but yet they have such a short memory when Jordan Brand put out monstrosities like this flagship model (AJ 2010):

Air-Jordan-2010.jpg
View media item 2102418I had only one question when those were released...what were they thinking?

if there is no cushion in heel , it is easy pass for me...  if it is true information that they are updating retro models then nike is really loosing creativity ...

Not sure how this applies to the suggestion of waiting for clear and/or official pics.

I am certainly a Jordan fan, but objective nonetheless.

The 2010's were awful, IMO, but I didn't see a pixelated, grainy photo and immediately dismiss them.

And if they're "not for me" on 7/20, I'll be more than happy to say so.

But if I want them in hand first, I'll say that too.

And yes, as far as I can remember, folks have always griped about the latest model only to 'heel turn' down the road.

But if you genuinely don't like them, that's more than OK.

Your dollar = your vote.

Last edited:

Air-Jordan-2010.jpg
View media item 2102418I had only one question when those were released...what were they thinking?

These are truly the worst Jordan ever and probably the worst Nike ever as well...

But do they have air in the heel??? I succumbed to the hype/colorway of the Carolina XXXs and copped after sitting out on the XX9s due to no air in the heel. Couldn't bring myself to wear them so I gave them away to my nephew. If these have heel and forefoot zoom or full length zoom and a lower pricepoint I'll probably cop.

i still need to see a detailed up close on feet good lighting right angled shot before i decide to make an initial decision on weather i think these are okay.

I think they look ok, just like many new Jordans I'll give it time to grow on me. Also seeing more detailed shots of the retail version. I definitely see the Jordan 1 inspiration...but when they said it would be inspired by the 1 I was expecting some type of toe rand or something.

The flagship signature model of the new Jordan's has always been polarizing for as long as I can remember, no matter how they were unveiled. If it was Mike wearing them or seeing them for the first time in a Kicks magazine. Some people like them and some people hate them. That's just the way it goes...

I'll never forget seeing real pictures of the 14 and 15 for the first in Kicks. Thinking some of the same things that some people are saying about these. But when it came time for them to release we all wanted them. It's just the way it goes... Esp with Air Jordan's.

I will wait until the official unveiling and more pics and videos to see how I really feel about them. I'm positive about them though.

As with most things with JB these days, they look decent but uninspired.

They is a great design somewhere within the 31, but it seems like Tinker and his design team are too lazy to go the extra mile.

Removing the Jumpman, doing something on toe box, a lather panel on the back, a more inspired midsole insole design.

Can't really tell what I'm looking at its like my brain is lagging, not that it's too wild to comprehend at all just the big jumpman is blocking my vision path to the shoe... Initial best aspects IMO is the swoosh and the height/cut of the shoe, refreshing to see a nice simple midsole with clean lines that doesn't carbon copy the flight plate look

I'm more curious about what kind of cushion setup this will have, at least forefoot and rearfoot unlocked zoom.

If this is the 31.... I'm grabbing the RD color way, black, and the red color way of the XXX! I loved the XXX from the beginning. This shoe seems waaaaay over thought. Reminds me of the car Homer Simpson designed in one episode. Too much going on to call this the flagship shoe.

Back
Top Bottom