The Official Jordan XXXI Thread

New jordan models always bring the laughs 
laugh.gif

dudes will hate the shoe, but stay in the thread for it to try and argue with people over and over about it

Last edited:
From what I'm seeing, they look pretty bad. I'll just hold my final opinion till I see pics from Nike.

Honestly if the 'Glory Holes' had mesh netting behind the hole, it wouldnt be as bad, similar to the 5's...just missing that mesh netting

I mean altogether the shoe shouldn't have had the hole nor those plastic panels by the forefoot and heel but thats a different discussion

JB should consider not releasing a flagship every single year, sometimes they throw the baby out with the bathwater, so to speak, trying to top themselves. The 29 is still good. Maybe release a shoe only when it tops the current model. Nevertheless, I'm excited about these.

Honestly if the 'Glory Holes' had mesh netting behind the hole, it wouldnt be as bad, similar to the 5's...just missing that mesh netting

I mean altogether the shoe shouldn't have had the hole nor those plastic panels by the forefoot and heel but thats a different discussion

Yeah I agree.. I guess, to put things in perspective, the XXX1s and basically every other Jordan model since 2010 has been a huge improvement over the Air Jordan 2010... That model was definitely the brand at rock bottom, in terms of design.

I like them, i just hope the price is around around the $160 range. Some of nikes basketball shoes are becoming insanely unobtainable just due to price. 

This is like when someone says the Beatles aren't that good.

Look at them within the context of 1985. Nike was brand new. All Nikes had a similar style going on with those original early 80s kicks. Air Jordans stuck out because they were sleeker than Dunks and the rest. Plus they were more of a refined design than the Dunks. Which led to legendary color ways. The whole back of the shoe is so sick compared to dunks. You weren't going to get too much of a radical design from Nike back then because they were busy trying to build an identity. Within those parameters the Air Jordan's design was spectacular in a minimalist sense. Its in the lines of the shoe. Everything just flows so well. The way the swoosh appears to burst from the heel, the way the collar looks like it should connect to the heel but doesn't, the two lines wrapping the heel that separate them, the classic stitched sole, the classic nylon/foam tongue with NA at the top, even the dots on the toe. Its the perfect sneaker. It can't be topped.
Man!!! I feel you, bro. I feel the same way about these work Sketchers. Ain't no toppin'em. Throw them boys on with my Dickie shorts and vintage Ben Davis shirt........I'm the coldest man since Oswald Cobblepot.

I think some of you are falling into the marketing trap of "there are based on Banned 1s". What´s so Jordan 1 about these? That they use red and black and have some sort of a fading swoosh?

Plus I don´t like that big *** Jumpman. I liked the early Jordan shoes for their minimal branding, the jumpman is a good logo but not for putting it on a shoe in that size.

also: the 3 colors on the midsole.. what´s up with that??

Last edited:
Any tech spec on these?

If they keep that unlocked zoom forefoot unit im out. Its old hat at this stage, im not payin $200 for a glorified superfly.

It needs full length cushion or heel & toe units

Last edited:
No but NMDs and UBs look better than any new models (basketball or lifestyle) Jordan Brand has put out in the last 10 years... Even the Kyrie 2s, which are a cheaper shoe, look better than what Jordan Brand is offering for almost double the price.
But you don't HOOP in NMDs or UBs. You're missing the point. JB makes the model based on the technology they're trying to support.

I was thinking this about the picture that we've seen. And it's just my 2 cents but what IF that picture is one of many in a series showing a progression from the AJ1 to the 31? (Like it's morphing) Perhaps what's pictured isn't the final product. Might be a big "IF", but a possibility nonetheless...
lmao lets hope brotha

What are you guys talking about? The full shoe image is clearly a PS and even not a really good one!
The only part that seems to be authentic is the leather part with the jumpman.
agree Hope nobody looks foolish come the 20th cause I'm not feeling these. Maybe the Fine Print CW will catch my eye if these are the breds.we will see

The only thing different on the 20th is you're going to see the left shoe with a big ol reverse jumpman on it.

Back
Top Bottom