The Official Jordan XXXI Thread

Officially more reps for that than leaking the 31 
laugh.gif

I love you NT

Last edited:
Either this forum is officially dead, it's lost its original demographic, or I'm just getting old. I get the feeling 90% of people here just don't get it, didn't watch MJ play, and would rather own a pair of Yeezys.

To be honest, the sneaker demographic is kind of geared towards a younger crowd.

Last edited:
My first thought when I see a new model unveiled is

"Can I see MJ playing in these?"

For these, maybe. Maybe the final product will be somewhat reworked, we dont know yet. But I can almost see MJ lacing these up and making them look good

Seriously, it's the same reaction year after year and then all a sudden, somewhere down the line, something changes people's opinions.

I can't remember which model it was, but years ago on here, I quoted a bunch of people's initial comments and reactions, only to re-quote their complete 180 degree opinions after the release. It was quite hilarious. My point wasn't to bust people out, but to show exactly what I'm talking about on how everybody seems so disappointed at first to being hyped afterwards. Quotes literally went from "garbage!!" To "dem joints is fire!!"

Remember how many thought the XXX's were basically the same as the XX9's? Besides the midsole, they were two completely different shoes. Those who have both, know exactly what I'm talking about.

I remember that :lol:

Just like I remember when the JBC Jordan I's were first posted and how the reactions changed when it became known how unattainable they would be.

No but NMDs and UBs look better than any new models (basketball or lifestyle) Jordan Brand has put out in the last 10 years... Even the Kyrie 2s, which are a cheaper shoe, look better than what Jordan Brand is offering for almost double the price.

10 years?

You seem to be caught up in the hype. If Adidas stopped putting out those colorways in limited amounts most of you dudes would have hopped off a long time ago.

Ultraboost are nice, but NMD's are blah and aren't even that comfortable.

And what Nike is doing with Flyknit is far better than what Adidas is doing with Primeknit.

A lot of you guys are going to be looking at all those Adidas in a couple of years and wonder what were you thinking.

If any remembers Jordan brand did this awhile ago like 2011 when they redid the Jordan 1. Calling it the Air Jordan Alpha 1. Seems they repeating it again... I aint gonna lie I coped the Alpha's to hoop when they hit the outlet...they was comfortable as hell tho

"the Air Jordan 1. While the styling of the AJ1 holds up to this day, its performance features do not. This led Jordan Brand to reengineer the sneaker with modern Zoom Air cushioning and a synthetic upper."

View media item 2103165

like some said, if the jumpman was smaller and moved to the heel, these might be ok, at least with the initial c/w. still, all in all, when compared with those classic, original, INSPIRED designs of jordans 2-23, these just aren't seeming on par from the standpoint they don't look like anything we haven't already seen before. i guess we'll just have to see how these "grow" on ppl over time. although they weren't inspired enough for me to actually buy any, i feel like the 30s were the best sig design since the 23.

Also waiting for the usual suspects who will get a pair for free and do their performance review and say :
-these are the best Jordans ever, just when I thought the 29's or 30's (which they got for free as well) were the best Jordan Brand out did themselves again.

Lol so true

Either this forum is officially dead, it's lost its original demographic, or I'm just getting old. I get the feeling 90% of people here just don't get it, didn't watch MJ play, and would rather own a pair of Yeezys.

I would probably rather wear any shoe Jordan has made rather than put Yeezys on my feet. No disrespect to anyone who "actually" likes them. Personally, I think the shoe is hiddeous and belongs in the trash.

...it would look better without the oversized jumpman.

They are really getting out of hand with the oversized Jumpman. The classic Jordan's had minimal branding and didn't use life size Jumpman's to get their point across. They let the beautiful design show. I keep saying less is more, but Jordan Brand keeps going down the same path with these newer models. I don't get it.

To be honest, the sneaker demographic is kind of geared towards a younger crowd.

Exactly. Younger kids don't care that its Jordan if its not the hyped retro releases. For kids that generally hoop or have interest in buying legit basketball sneakers, they're going to sneakers of their generations superstars (Lebron, KD, etc).

If any remembers Jordan brand did this awhile ago like 2011 when they redid the Jordan 1. Calling it the Air Jordan Alpha 1. Seems they repeating it again... I aint gonna lie I coped the Alpha's to hoop when they hit the outlet...they was comfortable as hell tho

"the Air Jordan 1. While the styling of the AJ1 holds up to this day, its performance features do not. This led Jordan Brand to reengineer the sneaker with modern Zoom Air cushioning and a synthetic upper."

View media item 2103165

I've never really understood the hype around Jordan 1s though. They feel really terrible on the pavement. I've never owned a pair just because they don't look like they should cost 150. Maybe someone can shed light on this situation for me.

I've never really understood the hype around Jordan 1s though

this.

they're basically dunks lol.

i get the historical aspect, i own some black reds, but theyre definitely not my favorite jordan.

I've said this before but i think nike didnt realize how they would sell so they just put "air jordan" on an existing model. when they realized the potential, thats when you go all out....snakeskin, no swoosh, totally new design.....the II.

Anybody who questions the Jordan 1 didn't grow up in that time frame. Simple as that. Beautiful shoe then, beautiful shoe now. Forever a classic.

You would have had to have been 40 to 45 years old to even understand what was going on in that time frame....

View media item 2103165

I won't lie, I have a pair of the white/black/red & a pair of the black/reds in my collection. Very comfy and I like them. Never understood the hate the shoe got. I thought it was a good idea.

I won't lie, I have a pair of the white/black/red & a pair of the black/reds in my collection. Very comfy and I like them. Never understood the hate the shoe got. I thought it was a good idea.

I have a pair of the white/red/black ones, and I honestly like them, it was the beasts that hated them because they had little if any resale value, but people who actually wear their shoes/play in them liked them.

Anybody who questions the Jordan 1 didn't grow up in that time frame. Simple as that. Beautiful shoe then, beautiful shoe now. Forever a classic.

I don't know man. Not to bash anyone's opinion, but I'm not a huge fan of the shoe. Its never personally done it for me. Again, I understand there are people who "legitimately" like the design of their favorite shoe. I do t really like the design of the 1-5....just my opinion, however sh***y it may be lol.

Back
Top Bottom