The Official Jordan XXXI Thread

I was actually surprised by the translucent on the XXX, the traction has been solid for me.  Not legendary, but it has been very good - wiping here and there but really no issues.  Unfortunately some translucent patterns/compounds can be better than others... interested in more feedback on the traction w/ these 31s
I agree as well. Don't know why all these "reviewers"
Said traction wasn't good

So since this shoe didn't have the rumored 3D printing elements incorporated like Tinker said he was trying to use, I could imagine them using it the 32's using the back piece of the 2's as inspiration.

It's funny. I was originally not quite fully sold on these, but with all this whining and 'beaching' about these shoes, I'm liking them more now. Seeing more pics and on foot pics has also have me appreciate them more. I don't really worry about playing in these, or technical performance, just to wear casually.

It's funny. I was originally not quite fully sold on these, but with all this whining and 'beaching' about these shoes, I'm liking them more now. Seeing more pics and on foot pics has also have me appreciate them more. I don't really worry about playing in these, or technical performance, just to wear casually.

Like it has been said before, everyone should wear what they like. I can respect that. I wear jeans with my sneakers...or shorts with sneakers. I liked the 29 and 30s. I feel they missed with these, and unless those things get fixed miraculously somehow, I won't buy. With that being said, if you don't like a shoe, don't buy it. This should be an open discussion. I like to hear points of view even if they are different. I like to hear why people like these or why they don't.

I think (sorry to say), the Air Jordan XXXI is unbelievably ugly.  With the retail 185 dollars I would never purchase this sneaker.  I believe the shoe deserves at the most a $120 price point.  Trying to incorporate the Jordan 1 Banned, to me just didn't go as I imagined it would and to me looks like it turned out to be a very ugly, cheap, streetwear looking shoe, again it hurts to say but I must.

Wow,
So then from AJ15 - 30 they are even more ugly to you right? Because those were more radical in design.
The 31 are rather conventional and decent in shape and design overall.
i can understand that people might not like them because they don't look outstanding special or being too generic to be an air jordan.
But unbelievably ugly is probably the wrong word when you habe people wearing KDs and Lebrons for casual :smile:

I see too that reservations are now closed for the XXXI on Nike's site. Curious if the announced CWs will be available yet on the SNKRS app, provided you get in right away, or if they will all be gone to people putting in the reservations. May be just a marketing gimmick too.

I see too that reservations are now closed for the XXXI on Nike's site. Curious if the announced CWs will be available yet on the SNKRS app, provided you get in right away, or if they will all be gone to people putting in the reservations. May be just a marketing gimmick too.

These things aren't selling out unless they are super limited. You should be fine.

smokin.gif

I can't ******* wait for September 3!!!! 31s and 1s Oh my oh my 31s straight to the foot day 1!!!!

wow.... these are awful. worse than the 30. Makes me wonder if this is REALLY the "real" 30, or just another half *** remake of another shoe (Jordan 1) like the 30 was of the 29. JB doesn't care anymore lol. sure would be nice if they put some love back into the new sigs but they really don't need to. year after year the masses have proven that they don't give a crap about new sigs. 
I gave you reps for speaking on how you really feel...Although,I think the XXX1's are an alright looking shoe, I just feel like JB has lost the spirit that made daringly designed & original shoes without sacrificing tech

I gave you reps for speaking on how you really feel...Although,I think the XXX1's are an alright looking shoe, I just feel like JB has lost the spirit that made daringly designed & original shoes without sacrificing tech

Let me ask you this...

The AJ16-28 wasn't daring enough?

Cause the tech was there in every sig and the designs were definitely daring, very ugly IMO, but still daring. So its hard to assume JB lost the spirit. Therefore, they did try - it was just us that was so used to the amazing asthetics models 1-14 had, that 16-28 looked like trash.

I think the 29/30 was a step in the right direction and the 31 is the begining of its evolution for AJ sigs. Looking forward to them.

Let me ask you this...

The AJ16-28 wasn't daring enough?

Cause the tech was there in every sig and the designs were definitely daring, very ugly IMO, but still daring. So its hard to assume JB lost the spirit. Therefore, they did try - it was just us that was so used to the amazing asthetics models 1-14 had, that 16-28 looked like trash.

I think the 29/30 was a step in the right direction and the 31 is the begining of its evolution for AJ sigs. Looking forward to them.

No doubt the AJ16's-28's were very daring in design and that's not my problems with them per se...it's just that they did not turn out to be something dope like the1's-14's which, in fact, we're also daring and is the standard(I use anyways) for AJ's thereafter. It seems that something has been lost, maybe not the spirit but something. Also why I bought up daring design is because I don't think the XXX1 is daring at all. It is a shoe that plays it entirely too safe and looks like any other shoe. But I do have to agree that they are definitely going in the right direction...because let's be honest after the AJ2010's that is the only way to go... lol

Last edited:
Jordan 19 is the most comfortable J I've ever owned. If these are better than those that'd be quite a feat

Back
Top Bottom