The Official Jordan XXXI Thread

Initial ball review

Looks and feel: The look like a 1 and feel like a 1; in a good way. The high collar feel makes it feel like a retro, but you can tell that the upper and materials are modern.

Fit: I usually hate shoes that lock down your heel. The xx9 and xxx progressively got more aggressive in heel lock down. The XXX was a great shoe and I didn't mind as that snug heel made my foot feel in place and never slid around during play.

Cushioning: The shoe does not ride as high as the XXX. I would catch an edge and roll my ankle slightly in the XXX, but the foot lockdown was so good I rarely had to miss any time due to ankle issues. These shoes definitely ride lower and are nowhere near the feel of the xx9. I love that heel cushioning is back. The XXX was a great shoe, but my body felt it when I played for a long stretch in them.

Play: I see this being a great big man, forward shoe this year. Whereas the XXX was definitely a Russ Westbrook inspired piece meant to help you ride the lightning, the XXX1 feels an air force 1 for the future.

More to come...

I'm far too ******ed to actually read why there's pics of infrared VIs in this this thread, and I don't really care why. Just wanted to say they look
real fresh in those pics. Usually when I see someone wearing a shoe I own, the person looks like **** and the shoes look like **** on them. So much so. I'm starting to wonder: Is that how my kicks look when I wear'em? Am I oblivious to the fact? Am I wasting my money?

AND WHAT THE HELL IS THE DEAL WITH PEOPLE TAKING THE CANS (lace locks) AND PUTTING THEM ON THE BOTTOM OF THE LACES!!!!! EVERYTIME I SEE THAT, I WANT TO SMACK THE **** OUT THE PERSON DOING IT. NO ONE DID THAT BACK IN '91. AND IT LOOKS STUPID!!!! "YEAH, LET'S ALL PUT OUR LACE LOCKS WHERE THEY HAVE NO USE AT ALL!"

I'm far too ******ed to actually read why there's pics of infrared VIs in this this thread, and I don't really care why. Just wanted to say they look
real fresh in those pics. Usually when I see someone wearing a shoe I own, the person looks like **** and the shoes look like **** on them. So much so. I'm starting to wonder: Is that how my kicks look when I wear'em? Am I oblivious to the fact? Am I wasting my money?

AND WHAT THE HELL IS THE DEAL WITH PEOPLE TAKING THE CANS (lace locks) AND PUTTING THEM ON THE BOTTOM OF THE LACES!!!!! EVERYTIME I SEE THAT, I WANT TO SMACK THE **** OUT THE PERSON DOING IT. NO ONE DID THAT BACK IN '91. AND IT LOOKS STUPID!!!! "YEAH, LET'S ALL PUT OUR LACE LOCKS WHERE THEY HAVE NO USE AT ALL!"
Scroll up 3 posts lmfao.

He wore them with his tux at his wedding.

Got a chance to break out both pairs this morning... First thing I noticed is that the color description on the 9.5 is more detailed than it is on the 10. View media item 2139980
I had already tried on the 10 the night before and liked the fit. A little room in the toe area and comfortable on the sides, so I was already expecting to be able to keep the 10.

Tried on the 9.5 and it was way smaller than I would have expected. It was way more narrow than the 10 and my toes didn't have much room at all.

This was a surprise as I buy 9.5 in all JB retro product, but wear 10 in Nike Basketball product. Guess SNKRS not having my size from the jump wasn't so bad after all. Glad I have my sizing down, as I hope to cop the Banned pair as well.

LMNBAO!!...GOT EEEM! LOL..

Why would you even be mad at how somebody else ties their shoes..??..lol.. Str8 Goofy dudes I tell ya

Anyway 31's looking nice...hope 4 more dope colorways..might scoop me a pair..n price seems right too..

Last edited:
Hahahahaha! Classic. And yes a lot of people did this back in the day for the exact reason posted above. Beautifully done! Lol

Last edited:

I bought these 6s from a dude through Ebay, said he only wore them a handful of times. They were clean. The lace lock was on the bottom. Back in 91, one of my buddies in high school had these, I grew up overseas, and they were crazy expensive. My folks told me I was on my own if I wanted those, so I never had them until now. Could not remember where the lace lock went, so checked on Google and found a ton of them, many colorways with the lace lock on the bottom, so I figured it was more of a decorative aspect compared to a functional one, so I left it there. Don't ball in them, all my J's are for casual wear. I think it looks cool that way anyway. But hey man, if you want to use it as a lace lock, that's cool with me. The shoe is sharp regardless. It's by far my favorite J.

Question for y'all, you guys think banned xxx1 will sell out first day?

I think it'll sit, I wanna get a pair for sure. 1 to ball in. 1 to rock.

But I'm a cheap bastard so I need to find them on clearance.

Rios sold out.

The Banneds are definitely moving first day and even if by chance they don't, they won't be around more than a few days and in what sizes, who knows? If you want them do everything you can to obtain them.

I think the Banneds will be more plentiful than Rios and USAs given the heavy marketing behind them. I don't know if they'll make it to clearance, I'm just hoping for them to not be labeled as QS, so I can use military on them.

You better say goodbye to women

you married homie?
lame comments like this usually come from single men who think they're players.
been with my wife almost 7 years now, and have two kids.
i wont bother mentioning my other life successes, but a woman is not a worry of mine.
hope you live a great life trying to impress others with your skinny jeans.
shouldnt have a hard time finding a man for yourself showing off your "style"

you married homie?
lame comments like this usually come from single men who think they're players.
been with my wife almost 7 years now, and have two kids.
i wont bother mentioning my other life successes, but a woman is not a worry of mine.
hope you live a great life trying to impress others with your skinny jeans.
shouldnt have a hard time finding a man for yourself showing off your "style"
laugh.gif
I was mocking another guy who said if you wear these casually, you better say goodbye to women.  No need to take it personally.

What's ridiculous are all the posts *****ing about our complaints meanwhile we're done complaining. Furthermore, our complaints were actually constructive criticism most likely because we're creatives and we see what could be slightly tweaked and changed to make it a home run. You people are way more annoying with this butthurt shill bs. There are more posts about it than there are actual complaints, AND with a higher word count. You sound like you don't even understand what we're complaining about. Maybe we should keep repeating ourselves until you really get it. Seriously, what did you just add to this discussion with your post? N O T H I N G  A T  A L L.

FOH

You aint wearing these casually but if you do say goodbye to women for me.

JB seems to have built the hype correctly with these...there is generally a high interest in the Banneds

Finally got my Rios xxx1. They look really cool in person.
Love the green shades fading into each other.
Fit is tight despite they are much bigger than the xx9
Due to its more voluminous and conventional midsole design.
Ankle support feels great, full length zoom also better than on the xx9.
However, the woven upper of the xx9 is still much more comfortable as it's more flexible (but also less durable).
Wore them at work and broke some necks.
View media item 2141243View media item 2141247

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom