The Official Jordan XXXI Thread

Wore mine for a little bit on Sunday. I love them. Can't wait to cop the Banneds.
Saw them at HoH today, tried them on and they were a really nice fit. Was tempted but didn't pull the trigger..couldn't decide if I'd rock them on or off court.

I think this time JB decided well to release 3 absolutely different colorways at the start:
1. USAs being a white based shoe
2. Rios for people who like to wear something different
3. Banned as a classic black / red air jordan colorway.

It was a bit weird that both initial xx9
Colorways were black based shoes despite the team orange are rather anthracite metallic than really black.
For the xxx it was more weird that the wolfgreys and university blues had even less differences. Mainly the toe cap, the shade of the shade of the heel was different.

Hope the upcoming colorways are also hot.
For the xx8, xx9 and xxx majority of colorways were rather weak. Mostly some PEs were hot...

Been playing in my Rios the last week. Really like the shoes. Very good cushioning, transition, fit, stability, and traction. Only complaint is the pressure I get on my achilles from the top of the leather heel piece. Hopefully it goes away with more break in.

*Flame suit on*... I'm looking forward to the Banned XXX1 more than the 1s. I'll wear the XXX1 more and without a doubt they're WAY more comfortable.
No need for a flame suit :lol:

If that's what you prefer, that's all that matters :wink:

You know how it goes on this board these days. If you have an opinion that differs from the norm, many people here will take issue with that.

playaproved playaproved Yeah, I think sometimes people get a little caught up on what "we" like and forget about what "they" like. :wink:

Last edited:
Been playing in my Rios the last week. Really like the shoes. Very good cushioning, transition, fit, stability, and traction. Only complaint is the pressure I get on my achilles from the top of the leather heel piece. Hopefully it goes away with more break in.

Good to know I'm not the only one. Let me know if it goes away after they're broken in

Good to know I'm not the only one. Let me know if it goes away after they're broken in

It's gotten better but still noticeable - more so with the left shoe. Hope it keeps getting better because it is a nicely balanced basketball shoe.

Last edited:
Do you guys take your hoop shoes straight from the box to the court? I normally wear them out for a few days or just shoot around and by the time I hoop they've broken in nicely

Last edited:
Do you guys take your hoop shoes straight from the box to the court? I normally wear them out for a few days or just shoot around and by the time I hoop they've broken in nicely
I don't play basketball, but with my running shoes I'll do lighter workouts in a new pair until they're broken in a little, then make them my main kicks.

I try to get in some shooting drills and at least one lifting workout before I take shoes out onto the court. That seems to help speed up the break in. Sometimes I just take the shoe to the court because I'm too excited to wait.

Last edited:
Been away from NT and frankly the whole shoe game, but for some reason this shoe lured me back in. 1st new "Air Jordan" purchase since the 23. They're def not as bulky/heavy as they look in some pics. I will agree with NIghtWing though on how the blue seems a little dull in person. Other than that shoes are dope. Looking forward to the other color ways.

View media item 2142763

Mark my words. Harambe would have loved the XXXI.
RIP 
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom