The Official Jordan XXXI Thread

How are the battle greys?
Is it all leather or what material?
What would be a good price point for a DS pair now?
I think I found a DS pair in my size for 140 shipped.

I don't know if theyll ship but Eastbay has a size 11 for 111.99 shipped with code save20

View media item 2436310
NDC just lowered the price from 144 to 120 on these. Code BONUS20 still works to bring them to 95 before tax for anyone interested. I know it's not a popular colorway, just passing on info.

I hope the royals get this cheap soon...

If I didn't already a good assortment of XXXI's, I'd grab those Cosmos for that price. It's a steal. To answer your question about the Royals, I don't know if they will honor it, but City Blue had 30% off for Mother's​ Day. I emailed them on Sunday for an 11 in the Royals. They replied the next day saying they were out. So I didn't think much of it (bummed but I understand). Well, today they emailed me again, saying they found an 11 and sent me an invoice for them with the 30% off. Got the Royals for $129.50 shipped. Couldn't pass the up. They may get cheaper but I'm not going to squabble over $10-$20. City Blue is a stand up store with OUTSTANDING customer service! [emoji]128077[/emoji][emoji]128077[/emoji]

I'd email for an invoice and in the notes section, ask if they will honor the 30% discount. Since it's on the 31s, and they weren't exactly flying off the shelves, maybe they will help you out? Worth a try.

Last edited:
Not just your pair...mine get more slippery than my n7 xxx1's. I dont trust a lot of those youtube reviews bc a lot of those guys are basically jb or nike employees as much as they get free shoes from them.

Not just your pair...mine get more slippery than my n7 xxx1's. I dont trust a lot of those youtube reviews bc a lot of those guys are basically jb or nike employees as much as they get free shoes from them.
n7 grip decent? My USA trip me out they grab on a crappy court that's usually semi clean it's just needs updating but very sketchy grip on a pristine court

Anyone know a reputable site that still has the red banned colorway in stock that isn't eBay.

Footlocker has a few smaller sizes left at good price $157

You can also go to the local Footlocker in your mall and see if they can find a pair at another store for you.
They are out there but drying up and some of the shops are starting to return the inventory back to Nike.

Last edited:
Anyone see any restocks of the JBC shoes since that initial release?

I starting to give up hope of a restock at this point.

I would consider "UNC themed" only in the sense it contains University blue. The team never wore them and there's no UNC logo or branding, so personally don't feel like they are more UNC themed than any Jordan that contains university blue in it. Would be interested to see the link in question though.

I read it on Jordan's Daily.
From their site.

Didn’t Jordan Brand just release an Air Jordan 31 Low “UNC” recently? Yes, the PE version, with logos and everything. This new Midnight Navy based edition merely dabbles in UNC colors but fits the bill all the same. The mix is classic, with white and dark blue clashing perfectly with light blue accenting, a combination that has worked wonderfully with favorites like Air Jordan 12 “Obsidian” and Air Jordan 13 “Flint.” Throw in the simple icy clear soles and it’s a win. Air Jordan 31 Low “UNC” releases on May 26, 2017 for $160. Official photos below.Air Jordan 31 Low “UNC”

Color: Midnight Navy/University Blue-White
Style Code: 897564-400​
Release Date: May 26, 2017
Price: $160

I agree they are stretching it to call it a UNC themed colorway but regardless of what they call it I like this color.

n7 grip decent? My USA trip me out they grab on a crappy court that's usually semi clean it's just needs updating but very sketchy grip on a pristine court

While I have no personal experience, from what I know and read about the 31's, the early colorways eg. USA's, Banned, N-7's, Brazil's, Greys and Shattered Backboard's had a rubber compound that left something to be desired regarding court grip.

According to rumors, Nike changed the chemical compound mid-stream to address concerns. It's been said that later colorways such as Black Cats, ASG, Royals and all lows had the new compound which reportedly improved court grip.

This does mirror actual reports some people have posted so it's indeed possible. Plus I'm certain this is nothing Nike would like to officially publicize. If they did the running change, hats off to them for not letting the issue slide, no pun intended.

Again, this info is "pure rumor" so take it for what's it worth.

Last edited:
Most reviewers said the grip was horrible though 
eyes.gif

While I have no personal experience, from what I know and read about the 31's, the early colorways eg. USA's, Banned, N-7's, Brazil's, Greys and Shattered Backboard's had a rubber compound that left something to be desired regarding court grip.

According to rumors, Nike changed the chemical compound mid-stream to address concerns. It's been said that later colorways such as Black Cats, ASG, Royals and all lows had the new compound which reportedly improved court grip.

This does mirror actual reports some people have posted so it's indeed possible. Plus I'm certain this is nothing Nike would like to officially publicize. If they did the running change, hats off to them for not letting the issue slide, no pun intended.

Again, this info is "pure rumor" so take it for what's it worth.
I hope so because my Fine Prints literally had me almost fall on my face, the Banned's had me slip a couple of times too. Never noticed any issue in the SB's. 

An "anonymous" Jordan designer did tell us the rubber was changed on the later pairs and lows.

Royals, space jams and all stars are all on sale for 150 at FNL
No other discounts available to apply on top yet, other than 10 bucks off 200.

Waiting for another 20% off that 150 and I'm pulling the trigger on the royals for sure.

Does anyone have multiple pairs that can confirm the rubber compound/traction is actually better in more recent pairs?

I rarely ball anymore. But wore USA XXXI tonight and had my foot go out from under me a couple times. Full disclosure court was a park district faux wood type deal.

Another guy had Cosmo XXXI and had some slipping too. Not sure if it answers the rubber change but just putting my experience out there. I'm not much of a baller so it's not like I'm making crazy cuts or stops on a dime.

Anyone know a reputable site that still has the red banned colorway in stock that isn't eBay.

If you have a Hibbett Sporting Goods, they can stock locate for you and order. I was able to have a pair located and paid for in store then delivered to my home. Try them out

I only played outdoor, so for that the 31 are good with the,traction.
On Smooth stairways and floors they also are sticky and cause the squeaking sound.
It might be an issue when you play Indoor and have a mild Dusty floor.

If you have a Hibbett Sporting Goods, they can stock locate for you and order. I was able to have a pair located and paid for in store then delivered to my home. Try them out

Footaction has size 10-11.5 and 14. It let me add an 11 to cart, didn't try and check out though.
Priced at 157. Use code LKS1AGC2 for 15% off that. Shipping is 8 bucks and tax still on top.

Here's the link: http://www.footaction.com/product/sku:45037001/model:265087/

Still can't bring myself to drop the $280-$300 they're asking for on the JBC West pair. I need them for $240.

Back
Top Bottom