[[....<> The Official Kanye Omari West Thread <>....]] vol. GOOD Music album.

[h2]The story[/h2]
The Damocles of the anecdote was an obsequious courtier in the court of Dionysius II of Syracuse, a fourth century BC tyrant of Syracuse.Damocles exclaimed that, as a great man of power and authority,Dionysius was truly fortunate. Dionysius offered to switch places withhim for a day, so that Damocles could taste first hand that fortune. Inthe evening a banquet was held where Damocles very much enjoyed beingwaited upon like a king. Only at the end of the meal did he look up andnotice a sharpened sword hanging directly above his head by a singlehorse-hair. Immediately, he lost all taste for the fine foods andbeautiful companions and asked leave of the tyrant, saying he no longerwanted to be so fortunate.[sup][1][/sup][sup][4][/sup]

Dionysius had successfully conveyed a sense of the constant fear in which the great man lives. Cicerouses this story as the last in a series of contrasting examples forreaching the conclusion he had been moving towards in this fifth Disputation, in which the theme is that virtue is sufficient for living a happy life.[sup][5][/sup] Cicero asks
"Does not Dionysius seem to have made it sufficiently clear thatthere can be nothing happy for the person over whom some fear alwayslooms?"[sup][6][/sup]

Damocles-WestallPC20080120-8842A.jpg

DOPE.
pimp.gif

I think it might even be Wayne on the Remix. Him being in jail would definitely make it a surprise...

I think it might even be Wayne on the Remix. Him being in jail would definitely make it a surprise...

Originally Posted by General Johnson

"Does not Dionysius seem to have made it sufficiently clear thatthere can be nothing happy for the person over whom some fear alwayslooms?"[sup][6][/sup]

pimp.gif
  this applies to anybody in any situation

::

Originally Posted by General Johnson

pimp.gif
  this applies to anybody in any situation

::

Originally Posted by MOSTHATED770

i know ima get hate for it..

but ANDRE 3 STACKS OVER THE POWER BEAT ON THE REMIX.....

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
Why would you get hate for that? Dre KILLS remixes.

Originally Posted by MOSTHATED770

i know ima get hate for it..

but ANDRE 3 STACKS OVER THE POWER BEAT ON THE REMIX.....

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
Why would you get hate for that? Dre KILLS remixes.

"I also got the inside scoop on the upcoming remix and all I can say is, “Rumble young man rumble

"I also got the inside scoop on the upcoming remix and all I can say is, “Rumble young man rumble

Back
Top Bottom