THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
Putting fly wire under the em = $20 increase for nike.

They're the best Kobe's to date on the court. I think the only reason they're being hated on is cause the 8's were a big hit. Wait for more colourwuas of the 9

Reminds me of the Kobe 6 not being as good to some ppl cause the 5's were prob goat when it came to colourways released.
I'm not hating on them, I actually like them a lot. I can't speak for playing ball in them, but they feel IMO like they'd get torn up pretty quickly.

I'm excited to see more CWs...I'm just going to be much pickier with this model.

The 9 lows look ok, but definitely underwhelming after seeing the elite 9's.  The elite 9's look pretty cool, whereas the lows are kind of bland (at least with the colorways we have seen so far).  Like others have said, the lows seem like a cheap take down version of the highs.  

The only way to revive the 9 lows is to have Kobe wear them when he comes back and drop 50 points and hit a few game winners.  Or make a couple crazy loud colorways that are super limited.  

The 8s look sleeker, but the 9s fit and feel better on feet, at least for me. I would at least give the EMs a shot and try them on for yourself before you dismiss them entirely, especially if you plan to play in them. Knowing Nike, there should be plenty of other colorways to come for those who haven't liked anything so far, although I'm not a fan of the $20 price hike.

Last edited:
The 8s look sleeker, but the 9s fit and feel better on feet, at least for me. I would at least give the EMs a shot and try them on for yourself before you dismiss them entirely, especially if you plan to play in them. Knowing Nike, there should be plenty of other colorways to come for those who haven't liked anything so far, although I'm not a fan of the $20 price hike.

Not dismissing them just don't need em when the elites are $225 and superior in everyway.. The midsole looks awkward IMO cuz that's the highs midsole and I've gotten used to how that's implemented on the elite, seems lazy for the low but again I don't really care about the low cuz the high is happening lol
Fit/feel is def important though and a strong factor in spending the money I agree just not gonna be balling in mine, all casual..
The 9 low is clean and simple and does both well just not any better than the 8 for me to justify buying kicks I won't wear

Yeah, I mean everybody buys their kicks for various reasons, looks, performance, or otherwise, so that's understandable. Looks are completely subjective, but I think at least performance-wise, anyone who really liked the 8s and prefers low tops to ball in should at least check out the EMs if they don't like how high cut the Elites are. I'm just really curious now how the flyknit lows are going to turn out.

Yeah, I mean everybody buys their kicks for various reasons, looks, performance, or otherwise, so that's understandable. Looks are completely subjective, but I think at least performance-wise, anyone who really liked the 8s and prefers low tops to ball in should at least check out the EMs if they don't like how high cut the Elites are. I'm just really curious now how the flyknit lows are going to turn out.

Yeah for playing in absolutely

Who wins?
man i like the 9s even less after seeing a side by side. the 8's just **** on them.

those 2 random black plastic pieces on the side and the shape of the sole/midsole just suck. And the fact that they didn't do a heel clip

Dam. Im hoping for a 12.5 to pop up. I guess ill keep checkin !

Was gonna cop for 260 off the bay but 30 dollar shipping was a deal breaker for me.

I feel april 12 is like Christmas and that it cant get here soon enough ! lol

Last edited:
After examining the lows last night, I think manufacturing wise, with the flywire underneath and what appears to be a more sticky outsole rubber compound (think your car's tires), Nike justified the price increase and also because they can and want to please their shareholders.

Last edited:
After examining the lows last night, I think manufacturing wise, with the flywire underneath and what appears to be a more sticky outsole rubber compound (think your car's tires), Nike justified the price increase and also because they can and want to please their shareholders.

Fixed

Last edited:
Haven't been following this thread but what's up with the lows that look like the masterpieces

I like the Bruce lee lows out now but I just love the flyknit look of the high Kobe 9s better

If they make a low like the all stars or masterpieces it's over

Haven't been following this thread but what's up with the lows that look like the masterpieces

I like the Bruce lee lows out now but I just love the flyknit look of the high Kobe 9s better

If they make a low like the all stars or masterpieces it's over

They are the masterpieces but with the sleeve rolled down.

You hold your tounge.............j/k

I'm in love with them, I'm diggin' the color blocking
Yea I don't understand...the Superheros are nice to me too. Like we're the only two people that like them in this thread lol.

Everyone will come around eventually when the "right" colourway releases
wink.gif
the orginal ones and the all stars proved formidable 

Last edited:
Nah 8 lows poop on the 9s in every way. I tried them on. Just some improved Venomenons.

Back
Top Bottom