THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
Not exactly.
Kobe-8-SS-Christmas-No-Skin.jpg

Makes me wanna double up on those just to do that. Nice!

Local FTL had a "almost full size run" on the Kung Fu's. I was surprised, so if anyone is looking, might wanna check again for some.

Same here. The girls that work there said they just restocked them today. I tried on the lows. It really is too low for me personally. My last low top was the kobe 4s. I'm hoping the flyknit would have a higher collar like a mid.

Got my 9 lows today, really underwhelmed. The random black plastic pieces on the sides and the stitch lines on the back just ruin it. and they just seem cheap. poop compared to the 8s

Same here. The girls that work there said they just restocked them today. I tried on the lows. It really is too low for me personally. My last low top was the kobe 4s. I'm hoping the flyknit would have a higher collar like a mid.
I don't think they'd be called Flyknit "lows" if they're the same height as mids...

Just played in my pair of Inspirations (Kobe 9 Elite) and wow, what an amazing shoe.  I felt secure and confident.  I love low tops, and I loved the Kobe 8 and such but these 9 Elites blow them out of the water.  The traction is unreal and I love the high-ankle sock support.  I can barely feel it but it makes me feel secure.  Love it.

Package with 9 EMs was late from FTL...but hey it came in a box (
eek.gif
) so I'll take it...

First impressions from a casual standpoint:

- really comfortable overall, better insole feel with the "bumps" spread out

- good sizing, same size as my kobe 8s...more snug around the foot, very secure feeling. Plenty of room for my toes.

- good heel lockdown

- LOVE the feel of the tongue. IMO that was the worst attribute of the Kobe 8 (and the laces being too long, which has also been fixed with the 9 EM).

However...

- They feel incredibly cheap, material-wise, compared to the 8s...there is absolutely NO justification for a $20 price increase.

- They don't have the same attractive casual look as the 8s

Almost everything about these shoes shouts "cost savings/takedown" and yet Nike upped the price. I'm not writing them off because they are very comfortable...but so are a lot of shoes that cost $100 less. I'll only pick up another pair if the CW is just that good.

Package with 9 EMs was late from FTL...but hey it came in a box :smile:eek ) so I'll take it...

First impressions from a casual standpoint:

- really comfortable overall, better insole feel with the "bumps" spread out

- good sizing, same size as my kobe 8s...more snug around the foot, very secure feeling. Plenty of room for my toes.

- good heel lockdown

- LOVE the feel of the tongue. IMO that was the worst attribute of the Kobe 8 (and the laces being too long, which has also been fixed with the 9 EM).

However...

- They feel incredibly cheap, material-wise, compared to the 8s...there is absolutely NO justification for a $20 price increase.

- They don't have the same attractive casual look as the 8s

Almost everything about these shoes shouts "cost savings/takedown" and yet Nike upped the price. I'm not writing them off because they are very comfortable...but so are a lot of shoes that cost $100 less. I'll only pick up another pair if the CW is just that good.

Putting fly wire under the em = $20 increase for nike.

They're the best Kobe's to date on the court. I think the only reason they're being hated on is cause the 8's were a big hit. Wait for more colourwuas of the 9

Reminds me of the Kobe 6 not being as good to some ppl cause the 5's were prob goat when it came to colourways released.

Last edited:
Seeing them next to each other I'd have to say the 8s. Overall, they have a much more balanced look to them. The 9s almost look back-heavy like they took que's from a dragster or something. Nice design in it's own right, but 8s take it though imo.

Back
Top Bottom