THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
I like them, but i dont know if they will look that good with shorts. Just regular nike pants or something, thatll be fine.

god damn 230 though, I would probably have to pay 300+

i wonder what the plan was for the 9's before he tore his achilles..

cant wait for the lows!!!!

These were the plan before he tore his achilles as stated many times in this thread

Traction seems like it wouldn't be that great....

Thinking the same.

Whenever they stray from Herringbone i cringe, and this pattern looks really bad

Kobekobe Kobekobe

Bro its confirmed for february now so your greatest fear of Nike revealing the 9 2 months before it releases has come true sorry meng

Last edited:
I need those kobe 3s. Probably the BEST Kobes that released...So hard to find though
mean.gif
This, Kobe 3's are my favorite, but these new 9s might become number one once I get my hands on them. 

I doubt they'll hit ID. Im feelin these hard but wish they got away from the removable midsole crap

you dont have to take out the insole... ever :lol:

it better than the VII crap with the extra midsoles and they both sucked.

Yeah you don't have to take them out but it's the feel of them in the shoe and the squeaking and squeaking during break in ... And it just seems like it's a junk way to make shoes

I love the idea of something new & innovative, but I cringe looking at these.
Maybe  a  different  colourway will change my mind

Beautiful shoe but I'm only in for casual wear, so they would be pointless for me to own.

Not so patiently waiting on the lows.

has a price been set?

the actual picture of the shoe looks good, but maybe in a different colourway.

Stupid question, in some of the pictures I see the tongue as being a luminescent purple color, and in others it's a charcole color. Which one is the 'masterpiece' that will be first releasing in February? Anyone know?

Cheers,

From what I've been told, traction patterns outside of herringbone can work pretty well. For example xx8 and kd v. But one can never say until they're laced up. For that price it better be good

Eric Avar was tweeting and answering questions via the Nike Basketball Twitter page. Click the dates if you want to see the questions that he's responding to.

Hey guys, thanks for tuning in for this Q & A on the #Kobe9 Elite. I appreciate your support. Lets get this started - Eric
— Nike Basketball (@nikebasketball) December 5, 2013
From all the wear testing we've done, traction has been excellent. So equal or better. @DavidRck
They should give you more proprioceptive awareness of where your foot and ankle are in space. @Zach_Lindsey
His injury did not play a role in the shoe at all. We started working on this 2 – 2 1/2 yrs ago. @nicksdot
We'll be doing a lot of variations and we're going to have a lot of fun. @Heskicks
It was Kobe's original insight – to create a hightop that plays like a low-top.
@Raj_Patel89
I start sketching after talking w/ Kobe and I think we both influence one another. @haydenhouser
I love RIT. It was a great foundation for my design career. Best of luck with your own design career. @ray_5
That's Flyknit also, but it's a dynamic fiber used in the construction. @RJTWOEIGHT
Thanks for the interest and for the questions, hope you like the shoe! - Eric

Last edited:
I may have missed it here, but can anyone confirm if this is just a newer iteration of the last "leaked" photo everyone thought was an HTM? Or IS that an HTM version? Don't mean to stir the old pot again, but obviously the first thing everyone notices - the white ankle circle is gone, as well as the colorful tongue. The Flyknit pattern and color seems to be the same though. Just wondering!

That didn't say htm, it said ninth. It was a reversed image . Not sure if it's another iteration of that particular one though

I will be copping, most definitely the overall appearance of them go hard. My gym now has a basketball court too. So these would be perfect for balling on the hard wood. :pimp:

$230 for some flyknit lunar high tops? Nike is trolling hard with the pricepoint. Just like they did with the xx8's and the lebrons

Last edited:
Performance beasts or not the kicks are way overpriced because of they way the market is with hypebeasts and resellers bottom line. But that is a whole other discussion. The Kobe 9s look cool hope those that cop enjoy them

Performance beasts or not the kicks are way overpriced because of they way the market is with hypebeasts and resellers bottom line. But that is a whole other discussion. The Kobe 9s look cool hope those that cop enjoy them

Jordan has been selling retros with the same 20+ year old technology for $170 so $230 doesn't seem too crazy with new technology.

Back
Top Bottom