THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
ALRIGHT GUYZ!...FUN QUESTIONS 4YA 2KILL SUM TIME....

1. If the KOBE 9 "WTK" came out right now and if it had "Flynit low" on the left shoe and "EM low" on the right shoe 2gether as 1 pair would you buy em?....and lets say there EXTREMELY LIMITED with all the HYPE?.....lol

2. If the KOBE 9 "WTK" came out with Flynit "HIGH" on the left shoe and Flynit Low on the right shoe 2gether as 1 pair would ya buy em? ...and lets say there EXTREMELY LIMITED with all the HYPE?..lol..i know this would pron (most likely never happen obviosly) but...

ALSO...pretend that the "Colorway" is the best colorway youve ever seen
bruh.

got my .5 up pair in, feels much better. But I gotta say, all the discussion is about the sizing, anybody else dissapointed with the material on these fk lows?  I figured that they couldn't put the same pure and soft flyknit material on these as on the running shoes (racers, lunars, trainers) but this flyknit is rock hard. defeats the purpose really. It's  much stiffer than leather.  they pulled it off with the highs but not with these lows.  
it's because they have a layer of fuse under the flyknit...for durability for those who want to play ball in them...but I agree that it does defeat the purpose.

The flyknit on the Kobes is reinforced and definitely stiffer than what you'd find on the runners or other casual models, but functionally it's still got to be a basketball shoe first and foremost with the right amount of stability/rigidity in the upper. We'll see if they keep evolving the flyknit (assuming they use it again on any future models) to where there's not as much TPU being used to back it, and it's more pliable.

This dude on my local fb group really wants a pair of those CHINAs coming out at the end of this month. Im hoping my buddy can snag me a pair over there. The dude has a pair of MPs and Im hoping i can do a trade plus cash for them.

They arent even on his must keep list so hope is alive!!!

This dude on my local fb group really wants a pair of those CHINAs coming out at the end of this month. Im hoping my buddy can snag me a pair over there. The dude has a pair of MPs and Im hoping i can do a trade plus cash for them.

They arent even on his must keep list so hope is alive!!!
China looks to basic to me.

Phil are so much better

Lady at Niketown put my MW in my correct size on hold for exchange, very clutch this morning. Actually surprised she didn't lie and say they didn't have anymore

I would love to get a flyknit kobe/performance shoe without fuse backing, I don't agree that flyknit won't hold up especially compared to thin EM.

All IMO but flyknit is stretchy so the hardest part to engineer right would be change of directions which is obviously huge.

I hope they try it otherwise I'll play in some flyknit sneaker and let ya's all know 
wink.gif
I actually agree here.  I think it can be done.  And I would be fine with some fuse or more supportive structure at the back of the shoe and around the ankle.  Up front though I think it can be done...

Ooh really?

The Lebron XI hasn't felt comfortable to me

The Foamposite rubs weird to me
Maybe I'm one of the few...  I know a lot of people can't do the shoe TTS.  I do agree that it is really tight, just was crazy to me that after about 30 minutes playing in them it's like my foot sunk in and everything worked -- much more comfortable.

I would love to get a flyknit kobe/performance shoe without fuse backing, I don't agree that flyknit won't hold up especially compared to thin EM.

All IMO but flyknit is stretchy so the hardest part to engineer right would be change of directions which is obviously huge.

I hope they try it otherwise I'll play in some flyknit sneaker and let ya's all know 
wink.gif
I actually agree here.  I think it can be done.  And I would be fine with some fuse or more supportive structure at the back of the shoe and around the ankle.  Up front though I think it can be done...
especially with the carbon fiber being in place for added stability.

My theory is that Nike tried a fuse-less version and realized it wouldn't work. Because if it did, Nike execs would be high fiving each other with the extra pennies saved from not using fuse.

My theory is that Nike tried a fuse-less version and realized it wouldn't work. Because if it did, Nike execs would be high fiving each other with the extra pennies saved from not using fuse.
This is probably true.  But I still think it could have been done differently... If you think about the structure of EM shoes, it seems like they could have gone with targeted sections of fuse or at least less fuse in certain areas.  Maybe then that would be more complicated/expensive to produce though...  

Not sure, but if any of you have been following Brandblack, they have a knit upper shoe coming for Jamal Crawford's second sig.  The heel portion seems to be synthetic leather and the forefoot knit.  Very curious to see how those turn out

Last edited:
I'm not sure if its been pointed out, but has anyone noticed the laces are different colors than what Nike shows on their twitter page? Also, the back of the shoe doesnt have the pull tab open, its sewn flat. Has anyone received a pair like the photo actually shows?

China looks to basic to me.

Phil are so much better

I could not agree more. If the dude wants them I will see if it gets me a pair of MPs out of the deal. Worst case is I dont.

I wouldnt mind having a pair because they are exclusive plus it will give my buddy something to do in China. he loves doing me favors. Not really. haha

I'm not sure if its been pointed out, but has anyone noticed the laces are different colors than what Nike shows on their twitter page? Also, the back of the shoe doesnt have the pull tab open, its sewn flat. Has anyone received a pair like the photo actually shows?

It's been discussed... NDC's pics of the Fundamentals, Hypergrapes and the soon to be released Beethovens are different than the actual released product.

Has anybody got their Kobe 9s from shoepalace? Ordering sum today and I'm wondering how quickly it ships :smile:

Back
Top Bottom