THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters

Or maybe flynit for the elites?

I would probably only buy 1 pair of the flynit, the rest would be regular.

First impression: fantastic, very sleek for a mid and look very expensive/premium. I'm all in, especially after they replace that EM with Flyknit. Fire.

The more I look at it the more awkward it gets though. The toebox is super slim and flat and then the lines swell up as it heads towards the heel. It's almost like the Yeezy 2 with the skinny toe sticking out of a bulky back. It's not necessarily a bad look but it is unusual and they're doing it on purpose with how the toe rand comes up (like on the ZK1) and the curves around the heel and ankle. Swoosh is smaller than they've been lately and the lacing looks suspiciously asymmetrical like on the KDVI which I've only heard bad things about. Still it'll be awesome once they throw some color and flashy bits and 3M on there. Christmas colorway can't come soon enough

Edit: Good news everybody, they're not doing the giant toebox swoosh on these either, there just isn't enough room

Last edited:
I'm saving final judgement for official pictures, but I really liked the engineered mesh on the 8s. Hope they are using flynit just for the sake of using it.

did anyone notice the tongue of the IX said the season is for the Fall 14, since the shoes have the carbon fiber plate and the dynamic flywire, will they are the Kobe IX Elite ?

If those are the 9's everyone keeps saying they remind them of the AZG, but to me they look more like a lightweight Kobe 1, then again most people don't even know what those look like! Lol! Naw jus messing, but they do look like the KB 1 actually even mixed with a little of the Zoom BB2.
Yeah it has that KB 1 vibe to it...idk if im impressed with it but once we see cws and more pics of the shoe I will come around to it

First impression of these didn't sit well with me. But still trying to with hold judgment until we see a confirmed final product. 

Looks like another boring sig with a big swoosh slapped on the side. These don't give off a signature look at all IMO Haven't liked a Kobe since the 4, hope the final product is different.

And has anyone realized yet that the tag says Low?

If these are the low top version, what do you think the regular version will look like?

And has anyone realized yet that the tag says Low?

If these are the low top version, what do you think the regular version will look like?
Never realized that lol you have a point but in reality these have potential

I noticed the low on the tag too, but they're definitely not cut like any of the lows we've seen in from the Kobe line in the past few years. I don't know if I'd put too much stock into what the tag says cuz it also mentions FA14 (Fall 2014), and the 9s definitely aren't debuting that late. Details like that or what materials they end up using can always change really quickly. If those really are the low version, and there's an even higher cut mid-top version, I can't see it being much higher, at least not higher than something like the Kobe IIIs.

Last edited:
can't wait. If I can be lucky enough to get the Xmas, I will. ASG and a Uniform type cw will be mine. haven't picked up an ASG shoe in a while so that's why...

The samples have rarely looked like the final product and no matter what, once they are on Kobe's feet the thread will be flooded with everyone shouting must cop. I love the 8's but I'm sure the cardboard like tongue will be scrapped.

Last edited:
Hopefully they perform as good as the 8's did for me, casually not judging till we get some solid pics of an official color way.

I have no idea what the Xmas 9s will look like (hopefully dope), but I can already hear the stampede of people that'll be coming in here around Xmas time to ask when Grinch 9s will be coming out as soon as pictures of fakes leak :lol: :smh:

I'll Just Uh ... I'll Just Wait For Pics Of The Highs 
indifferent.gif

Yea, Thats What I'll Do.

I hope these are just a sample version of an unreleased VIII mid. When I see them i think Zoom Generation, which makes me think basketball boot. I like the VIII because they didnt look exactly like a baseball shoe. Hopefully the 9 stays true to the Kobe low cut identity.

Back
Top Bottom