THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
Mos def only want the exts but y r they $25 more than the other ext high smdh Nike killing me with 4ext releases plus Christmas I'm not built for this lol

Last edited:
Calling them Laney's would be, well, stupid. The Cal Bear reference is clear, definite, and intentional, the Laney connection is just coincidental. (This is not directed at @comacoma33
 but at anyone who would make this connection based on a coincidence of CW). Either way, I don't care for the "Laney" CWs and this one is a miss for me as well. More lackluster color blocking and lack of creativity.
I lived outside MIL for a couple years, I DO NOT miss that cold!

Yeah man below zero yesterday

The ems are very underrated. With that being said I love all three models. It's kinda like all three are different sigs we got the kobe 9,10, 11 all in one year lol

Please tell me wtk 9 is dropping,if not im done wit kobe unless its retros or think pinks.I will cop the xmas 9 tho those are hot and similar to the ro ones he was supposedly dropping

IMO the IX could have been one the the standout silhouettes of the Kobe line but Nike has let us done. I love the look of the shoe. The elites, the lows and em's all look great but the colorways have been sub par. The HTM lows are amazing, as well as the MP's, inspirations and Perspectives(even though I'm not a huge fan of all the blue).The independence days, Brazils and cobalts are terrible. When they first did the official unveiling press conference, there was a multitude of colorways and different flyknit patterns. So much potential for this shoe and nike is content in just giving us blah colorways. I mean there's a flyknit air max that's grey/blue/purple but we can't get a draft day or MPLS elite low? It's crazy. And EM has a million possibilities as well but we continue to get lazy designs. I mean even the snake print on Nikeid isn't the same as the ones P. j. Tucker was wearing, which were a far superior pattern. Sorry for the long post. View media item 1270791

I love my boy Kobe but it is killing me seeing him shoot 30% from the field and chuck up 30 shots a game 
sick.gif
Its early on. Kobe will get his touch back. I don't care how many jumpers you shoot in the gym it doesn't equate to game time at all. Outside of the 6 games last year he hasn't played since march/april of 2012.  I know you probably understand this but I agree it does suck to see it.

I feel he shooting the rust off now. Hopefully he starts wearing some more colorways that are either released or being released soon though.

IMO the IX could have been one the the standout silhouettes of the Kobe line but Nike has let us done. I love the look of the shoe. The elites, the lows and em's all look great but the colorways have been sub par. The HTM lows are amazing, as well as the MP's, inspirations and Perspectives(even though I'm not a huge fan of all the blue).The independence days, Brazils and cobalts are terrible. When they first did the official unveiling press conference, there was a multitude of colorways and different flyknit patterns. So much potential for this shoe and nike is content in just giving us blah colorways. I mean there's a flyknit air max that's grey/blue/purple but we can't get a draft day or MPLS elite low? It's crazy. And EM has a million possibilities as well but we continue to get lazy designs. I mean even the snake print on Nikeid isn't the same as the ones P. j. Tucker was wearing, which were a far superior pattern. Sorry for the long post. 
I don't vehemently disagree with any of your points.

But I think the biggest failing has been in the EM department. I own 4 of those CW's, which is less than 50%. Most of the ones I don't have I wouldn't even grab on discount. They've either been too busy (Brazil, PopArt, 4th of July) or too boring (the PRM Ems), or just poorly color blocked (Cal Bear).

Not counting the HTM/NRG stuff, I think the FK releases have been solid. I have 2/3 of the lows (and doubled on one), and 6/10(?) of the highs so far, and will likely end up with the Victory and the Candy Cane. Who knows, maybe the Sequoia too. I agree that the FK contrasts/varieties could have been more pronounced, but I don't really like loud shoes with volt and neon pink all woven in a la some releases we've seen, so I am pretty happy with the FK releases I picked up. Over 50% so far, and I never have copped this many of any single model of anything before.

My number one complaint across the whole IX line is the epic fail level outsole choices.

We've got a little more than two months left in the cycle of this model...I hope they're not done with Elite lows
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom