THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
Probably not going to find 9 highs at any outlets near phx. maybe at footlocker though Sequoias or volts or Christmas maybe. $225 us plus tax though
I would disagree, the Perspectives popped up randomly and my roommate just came up on a size 9 Kobe BHM at Arizona Mills. Arizona Mills also recently got the Volts and Brave blues. It's just hella random. I never have much luck anyway because I wear 14

OK so his sister will not just walk into an outlet and find some 9s she has to keep on your size, you have to give her exact details or call ahead any outlet should hold shoes for 2 days. I don't have siblings or cousins or anybody that would cop shoes for me. My dad and stepmother live about 100 yards from Vacaville outlet and I would never even ask them to go over there unless something was being held in their name.

OK so his sister will not just walk into an outlet and find some 9s she has to keep on your size, you have to give her exact details or call ahead any outlet should hold shoes for 2 days. I don't have siblings or cousins or anybody that would cop shoes for me. My dad and stepmother live about 100 yards from Vacaville outlet and I would never even ask them to go over there unless something was being held in their name.
yup, i just sent her my size, and the names + pics of the three shoes i want if available. 

hyper flights

kobe 9 high 

Jordan xx8 high

Told her to just ask whoever is working in the mens shoes section if they have them.

All three of those shoes are over-priced in Canada... hoping to find something a little bit cheaper there, even despite the poor currency exchange rate. 

p.s. she's actually in tucson, az (not phx my mistake)

Last edited:
I would disagree, the Perspectives popped up randomly and my roommate just came up on a size 9 Kobe BHM at Arizona Mills. Arizona Mills also recently got the Volts and Brave blues. It's just hella random. I never have much luck anyway because I wear 14

How much were the volts and bblues?

Is he talking basketball numbers or sneaker numbers? Either way he's wrong so it really doesn't matter.

Talking shoe numbers, in the conversation about shoe sales, on the website about shoes.

And you show me what year Kobe has sold more than $150 million in shoes/gear and I will admit to being wrong.

whats the going rate on Kobe 9's at USA outlets? we're pushing 250+ here in Canada still so i might ask my sis to pick something up from phx tomorrow on her way home.

high-cut any colour

The highs when they appear in size runs are 179.99 at outlets. But sometimes random single pairs are returned and they get put on clearance for like 200+

Is he talking basketball numbers or sneaker numbers? Either way he's wrong so it really doesn't matter.

Talking shoe numbers, in the conversation about shoe sales, on the website about shoes.

And you show me what year Kobe has sold more than $150 million in shoes/gear and I will admit to being wrong.
The sales numbers that I've seen online I think are all US only, in which case KDs did outsell Kobes in the US something like $175 million to $50 million in 2013, but I think that was the first year KD took the #2 spot in the US. The year before that I think Kobe outsold KD $50 million to $35 million, and I'm sure Kobe's always at least been the #2 guy in the US in the years prior. I don't think the 2014 numbers are out yet, but I wonder how they look since Kobe was out practically all of last year.

I'm curious what the sales numbers overseas are like though cuz every report I've seen has also said Kobe's always been Nike's strongest seller overseas or at least in Asia, but I don't know if any actual numbers have ever been released.

Last edited:
The sales numbers that I've seen online I think are all US only, in which case KDs did outsell Kobes in the US something like $175 million to $50 million in 2013, but I think that was the first year KD took the #2 spot in the US. The year before that I think Kobe outsold KD $50 million to $35 million, and I'm sure Kobe's always at least been the #2 guy in the US in the years prior. I don't think the 2014 numbers are out yet, but I wonder how they look since Kobe was out practically all of last year.

I'm curious what the sales numbers overseas are like though cuz every report I've seen has also said Kobe's always been Nike's strongest seller overseas or at least in Asia, but I don't know if any actual numbers have ever been released.
I think those numbers are a little skewed because Kd's and lebrons are produced in much higher quantity than kobes. They are bound to sell more. A lot of stores don't even carry most kobe releases.

I don't really keep up with KD shoes but do they sell out like Kobes does? I don't really keep up with Kobes sig shoe either other than the 9s but I almost always see KDs sig shoes on the shelves while the Kobe9s that aren't EM are almost always gone.

I do find it weird that Kobes just aren't produced in as many numbers as the others. It felt like all the Kobe 9s were a limited release.

These are the last two Forbes articles I've seen on sneaker sales. Again, these numbers are US only. I don't really follow KDs either, so just going by what's out there.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbad...bron-james-is-the-nbas-leading-shoe-salesmen/

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbad...on-and-durant-are-the-nbas-top-shoe-salesman/

I agree that Lebrons and KDs (at least in the last couple years or so) are bound to have higher numbers cuz they're produced in higher quantities, at least in the US. Don't know if that's just a demand thing or something else, but I'm sure it's probably flipped for the Asia markets who even get certain Kobe takedown models that we don't.

Last edited:
If KD outsold Kobe by $125m why would anyone think kobe's line would make up that ground with Asia sales?

In order for that to happen, Nike would have to ship more kobe stock to Asia than they ever have in the U.S.

The demand is not big enough in Asia for them to get more stock than us as far as any of the sig shoes are concerned.

My statement about kobe never doing KD numbers was reflecting on how KD did $175m and kobe never did more than $50m in the market in which they are both most available.

If KD outsold Kobe by $125m why would anyone think kobe's line would make up that ground with Asia sales?

In order for that to happen, Nike would have to ship more kobe stock to Asia than they ever have in the U.S.

The demand is not big enough in Asia for them to get more stock than us as far as any of the sig shoes are concerned.

My statement about kobe never doing KD numbers was reflecting on how KD did $175m and kobe never did more than $50m in the market in which they are both most available.
I don't think I ever said that Asia/overseas sales would make up for a $125 million sales difference in the US. Just that Kobe has been Nike's strongest seller in Asia, and I'm curious what the numbers look like since I don't think we've never seen them.

If you're talking about just the US, sure, KD definitely outsold Kobe in 2013, and the numbers back that up. But anything else is just speculation.

I don't think I ever said that Asia/overseas sales would make up for a $125 million sales difference in the US. Just that Kobe has been Nike's strongest seller in Asia, and I'm curious what the numbers look like since I don't think we've never seen them.

If you're talking about just the US, sure, KD definitely outsold Kobe in 2013, and the numbers back that up. But anything else is just speculation.

Is it speculation to say Nike doesn't ship more stock to Asia than they do to the U.S., so it's impossible for his numbers in Asia to exceed his numbers in the U.S.?

Even if the amount shipped to both regions was equal(which it isn't), then what I said would still hold true.

You've given zero facts and figures, so how is that not speculation :lol:

I'm not even trying to say that Kobe outsold or could've matched KD in sales if you include the overseas sales. All I did was point out a couple facts that yes, KD did outsell Kobe in the US in 2013, which was your point in the first place, and Kobe's the top seller in Asia, which we don't have exact figures for. Whoever sold the most is really not something I care about since it has zero effect on me :lol:

I think the easy way if kobe is number 1 in asia on pure population numbers even if a lower percentage can actually afford to purchase the shoe would be a big step.   The next thing is nike does not have to ship the shoes anywhere they are already there, they do unfortantly have to ship the shoes here to the US. 

Back
Top Bottom