THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
because if they move it around, people complain. if they don't people still complain. Personally, I like the Kobe 3 placement.

how about they take the damn swoosh off period?

jordan stopped having a side swoosh after the 1...

really dont know whats up with nike these days

sig shoes just aint the same no more...

Nahhh I'm good with that. They can keep the swoosh right on there. Didn't like how the 3's only had the heel swoosh. Looked awkward.

because if they move it around, people complain. if they don't people still complain. Personally, I like the Kobe 3 placement.

THIS.
The ZK3 is my favorite of the Nike line even though it wasn't the best performance wise or aesthetically pleasing.

So then....what exactly did you like about it?

For me personally it was memories. Even though we took an L in the finals that year. It was basically the Kobe that got me into the line. It's also his lone regular season MVP sig too. I also liked the fact that there wasn't a plethora of CWs.

I get where you're coming from though on the swoosh placement. A lot of people despised the 3. I thought the swoosh placement is what gave it character for me.

Last edited:
how about they take the damn swoosh off period?

jordan stopped having a side swoosh after the 1...

really dont know whats up with nike these days

sig shoes just aint the same no more...

Nike learned their lesson... If and when the Kobes retro, they WANT the Swoosh to be there.

I definitely wouldn't mind seeing them change the swoosh up somehow. 4-8 all are very similar in my eyes. Huge swoosh, heel cup, etc...
I'd love to see something totally different this year. I'm ready

I think a nice compromise would be to remove the medial side swoosh and give the shoes a somewhat asymmetrical design, like the XIIs or XIIIs, where its the same but different.

^

Jumpman-Logo.jpg

Pretty cool interview to read Kobe talking about the sig line. Much as I hate the idea of Elites, since they're coming back anyway again this year, would be kinda cool to see them do a mid for the regular season then a low. Hopefully it won't be too much longer before we get the next leak.

Pretty cool interview to read Kobe talking about the sig line. Much as I hate the idea of Elites, since they're coming back anyway again this year, would be kinda cool to see them do a mid for the regular season then a low. Hopefully it won't be too much longer before we get the next leak.

yeah, that way, people will actually be compelled to buy the Elites. Looking very similar the past two tries has turned me off for sure.
Mid - Low will make sense. the Price should either stay the same or drop tho...

I have a strong feeling we'll see lows and mids released during the season....

Makes sense with what he said in the interview to, he has lunarlon insoles for wear n tear during practice and zoom insoles for games for respnsiveness

Seems like if he wants a mid shoe to help him endure the season and a low for the all out play required in the playoffs

yeah definitely. I just wish we get Zoom options with certain colorways.
Example (again, just an example):

ZOOM INSOLE GRs
Kobe 8 Sulfur
Kobe 8 Purp Fade
Kobe 8 Xmas
Kobe 8 BHM

Lunar INSOLE GRs
Kobe 8 Red Boa
Kobe 8 Easter
Kobe 8 Blue Lights
Kobe 8 blue Coral Snake
Kobe 8 Graffiti

I really did not like the "Nike Plus" Zoom insole. They should have just used the Superhero Elite insoles with some other colorways.
this way, people will actually have an incentive to buy other colorways and swap insoles depending on usage.

Do you guys remember that random pair of Kobe 8 Graffiti mids Kobe was spotted wearing??? i was thinking, maybe the wear sample 9s that leaked are the same thing? only that high because Kobe is wearing them during his rehab? would explain why the ankle area looks so weird, just like the ankle area on those graffiti mids maybe thats why the tag even says low.

idk it just makes sense to me after reading that interview with him, i dont see them being mids

Last edited:
nah... also, Kobe will not wear test a shoe that's NOT close to his sig shoe. Why would he waste time. Expect a mid.

idk because of the injury, same reason he was wearing those goofy graffiti mids?

and why would he blatantly say in that interview that he wants to stick to lowtops?

no use speculating, they will be a mid cut. Is there a strong chance we'll see a low version? of course.

Kobe always tests certain aspects of his upcoming sig on his current sig. That's why they made a mid top Graffiti. mmmkay?
remember the Hyperdunk x kobe 4? Everytime there is a major change, expect kobe to test some hybrids.

no use speculating, they will be a mid cut. Is there a strong chance we'll see a low version? of course.

Kobe always tests certain aspects of his upcoming sig on his current sig. That's why they made a mid top Graffiti. mmmkay?
remember the Hyperdunk x kobe 4? Everytime there is a major change, expect kobe to test some hybrids.

Oh damn I forgot about those...hyperdunks with the IV traction pattern...so many people wanted those to release...imagine the IV with a forefoot zoom setup

damn, oh well, more money in my pocket i suppose

Back
Top Bottom