THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
what? only 4 US retailers will be carrying the 9s?? are Nike crazy? i hope you mean the HTM pair

I mean, isn't that enough though? FTL, EASTBAY, NT and FA for example? Those have a ton of outlets and online presence.

Get ready tho. :nerd:

WTF 
nerd.gif

Page 24 :pimp:

As for where available, just please be available on eastbay so I can buy pairs easily with my Canadian credit card. Can't believe nike.com still doesn't accept Canadian cards. Smh

Flyknit isn't the same as your usual materials like leather and plastic and mesh. It has to go through a tedious process which takes time. A possible/probable decline in quantities is a huge trade off for a unique basketball shoe, wouldn't you guys want that tho instead of getting the same sh** yearly?

Last edited:
I mean, isn't that enough though? FTL, EASTBAY, NT and FA for example? Those have a ton of outlets and online presence.

Get ready tho. :nerd:
yeah he didn't say which ones but I would assume it's the main chain/online stores aka footlocker,champs,eastbay..the family tree and of course Nike stores/ndc. Which besides the indie stores that's what it's been. Maybe cutting the brick and mortar stores out? Sucks but makes sense if the production numbers are much lower. Must be a lot lower. Man come on!

Flyknit isn't the same as your usual materials like leather and plastic and mesh. It has to go through a tedious process which takes time. A possible/probable decline in quantities is a huge trade off for a unique basketball shoe, wouldn't you guys want that tho instead of getting the same sh** yearly?

If it aint broke dont fix it

Engineered mesh >

Saying that, if flyknit on a b-ball shoe has been tested and they deem it to be revolutionary from a sneaker standpoint then i want it asap

No

1) The 8s are amazing

2) This means more expensive retail

3) this means attracting more resellers

4) a lot of people will be forced to pay BS reseller prices to get shoes they want

Barkley and penny called. They wanna know where their big *** swoosh on the side went too?

for shoes that released during the latter part of 2000s (2007-ish), you'll see the models have a rather large Swoosh. Penny and Chucks dropped way before that. Having a retro LeBron 8 with a huge swoosh is for Nike. Kobes too. So yeah, I think they learned their lesson, thanks for supporting my statement sir.

If it aint broke dont fix it

Engineered mesh >

Saying that, if flyknit on a b-ball shoe has been tested and they deem it to be revolutionary from a sneaker standpoint then i want it asap

So do you want the Kobe 5 to be his sig shoe year in year out? LOL Of course everyone wants something "better". Especially the Kobe line, the only line that's worth following for me since it's super super edgy. Kobe's line barely cares about off court appeal, the whole line is pure art. I can say the same for the first few LeBrons.

I'd rather have something new and take a risk at getting something fantastic. When you were rocking your kobe 4/5, the thought of an awesome sneaker like the 8 didn't cross our minds for sure. You never know.

Last edited:
Nike holds out on the 9, minimizing retail distribution, gauging and measuring it's public reception while building hype with limited quantities. Once demand reaches its apex they unload massive quantity and make grotesque profits.

NO. Because everything isnt the same. Each model looks different. I dont want to pay 200 for some flyknit ********. It honestly cant improve performance enough to justify the price hike. Id rather them stick to EM

People complaining about Flyknits have probably never tried a pair on before. ANd I"m guessing that before the Kobe 8s dropped, none of you had ever tried on Engineered Mesh either. Smh.

People complaining about Flyknits have probably never tried a pair on before. ANd I"m guessing that before the Kobe 8s dropped, none of you had ever tried on Engineered Mesh either. Smh.

WORD.

Nike is giving us something different each year which is what we want. I don't see why people are not welcoming it. I personally like the new stuff they did for the 8s. We got totally new colorways and everything was creative, nothing rehashed. I like that style.

I really hope they utilize flyknit on these! If they do, I won't be worried about the performance. Only 1 shoe in the kobe line disappointed me in that regard.
Flyknit runners and trainers are some of my favorite Nikes to drop in a long time, so I really am excited for these 9s. I'm already mad about missing the HTMs though, lol.

Back
Top Bottom