THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
Order shipped!

Dunks though. TLO =
dt66pa.gif

Yeezys all hype. With no hype shoe game would be lovely. As far as pink polos I wore pink once for my girl and another as. Freshman watching to much Cam'ron. I must admit though all yeezy albums fire except the two when he sings heartbreak, yeezus.

Alright peeps, I'll try my best to give y'all my opinion and first impressions hooping in these.

1. I went with the same size as I did in the Kobe 4-8. These are a tad wider and longer than the 8 so not as snug. If you like your hoop shoes to be snug, might want to try a half size down but for me going tts worked.

2. Traction is money. Soft pliable rubber, multi directional...got the job done.

3. Flyknit upper didn't cause any discomfort when flexing and foot was contained while changing directions and making cuts. My only concern would be over time, material might expand and thus resulting in a looser fit(possible reason to size down). Time will tell.

4. Lunarlon insert very similar to the 8 but denser especially in the heel. Insert is wider than the 8. They aren't as "mushy" so they provide a more cushioned ride. The textured bumps helped secure the foot from sliding(an issue some ppl had with the 8 insert especially with the kobe socks). I actually found them a bit uncomfortable.I prefer the subtle pattern on the 8 insert.

5. High cut gave it an ankle sleeve-like feel. Lacing up to the second to last eyelet was enough for a contained fit. Over time, foot was still locked in, didn't have to tighten and re-lace during a game.

Overall, I'm pleased with how they perform. It's a solid sneaker that will be in my game day rotation.

View media item 793582

Last edited:
Weight vs the 8s? I know they are heavier...

What does the high feel like? Is it supportive? What is the point of the exaggerated high?

I ask because I love the shoe but haven't worn anything but lows for 5 yrs or so.

Last edited:
Weight vs the 8s? I know they are heavier...

What does the high feel like? Is it supportive? What is the point of the exaggerated high?

I ask because I love the shoe but haven't worn anything but lows for 5 yrs or so.

Granted I only hooped in these for a 40 minute game but these played extremely light. The high cut felt like wearing an ankle compression sleeve. Does not hinder range of motion like an ankle brace so you aren't restricted. Nike mentioned this but the point of the high cut was proprioceptive(makes you feel more secure).

One reason why I won't be hooping in these on the regular is because they take up more room in my gym bag and will become a hassle putting on and taking off after logging in long hours at the gym. Other than that, the height should not be an issue for those who are used to low-cuts

Last edited:
Well, there are a few members in here that went half size up lol. Everyone has different feet and different preferences. Hope all works out for you,OpieDelivers

Well, there are a few members in here that went half size up lol. Everyone has different feet and different preferences. Hope all works out for you,OpieDelivers
Thanks, bro.

Well, I went half a size up for comfort on every Kobe, so I guess this will work. I have a slightly wider foot (very slight), but the top of my foot (that bone) is also a bit higher than normal so certain sneakers (HyperRev, KD 5, etc) pinch like hell at the top. So if anything, I don't mind a tiny bend in the front haha. All the flyknit kicks I have I went up half a size as well. Lets see!

I kinda regret not buying these as I had them in my cart but I think I'll live.  It was just way to chaotic and I was way too tired lol.

You already know it'll happen EVERY time though, so it doesn't even make sense to speak on it at this point.
laugh.gif

The only thing that blows my mind sometimes is that for the most part, these are grown *** men flip-flopping until the day of release, saying they're not sure if they can pull certain things off, breaking down after missing out on releases and dropping upwards of double retail on pairs, etc. Crazy.
This is why I'm a staunch supporter of the by now sell later philosophy.  I bought the Tiffany Dunkz thinking they were dope but when I got them in hand, I realized they still look like a wack obese version of Air Force 1s to me. I'd never rock Dunkz just not my cup of tea. i sold them to a friend for retail and a future favor. Win win for me.

It's gonna be OK, bros.

I have faith.
Lol I see youre up too @Hyper  

I just got of the phone with Nike and she told me that on her end my order is at their loading dock waiting to be picked up to be shipped.

She also said that once its picked up, I would received the shipped email today.

I did mention to her that it was strange bc I order the lebrons last saturday and got the shipping email that evening. She didnt have a reason for that.

So...I think/hope we're in the clear. Ill def call again if I dont see an email by the time I get home.

This is why I'm a staunch supporter of the by now sell later philosophy.  I bought the Tiffany Dunkz thinking they were dope but when I got them in hand, I realized they still look like a wack obese version of Air Force 1s to me. I'd never rock Dunkz just not my cup of tea. i sold them to a friend for retail and a future favor. Win win for me.

Repped and completely agree.

The only time I'm indecisive about a pair is if there are a couple dope pairs dropping the same weekend and I'm trying to refrain from buying more than one.

But for the most part, I know exactly how I feel about a shoe once I get a detailed image. The fact that everyone else loves a shoe doesn't make me second guess my original opinion.

Back
Top Bottom