THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
just picked mine up from footlocker. fcfs, was the first person there....

so

worth

it.

the detail on the upper is amazing, the texture (and someone with a macro lens will have to confirm this) is like a painting. really impressed with this one here. haven't tried them on yet...but yeah. totally worth.

Was able to grab my pair on NDC this morning. Wanted to pick up another one locally but no dice. Hopefully the NY Niketowns do a RSVP soon, so I can pick up a couple of extras.

My co-workers helped me out and got raffle tickets for me at my local Footaction. I haven't done a lot of raffles and never won but we have 6 tickets in all for my sz. I called this morning and was told they have the Kobe's and that they will be calling winners shortly. My boss gets a call for the Lebron (which she decided to put in for as well) and was told that they did not have the Kobe's. You can imagine the look on my face when she told me this. SMH.

so

worth

it.

the detail on the upper is amazing, the texture (and someone with a macro lens will have to confirm this) is like a painting. really impressed with this one here. haven't tried them on yet...but yeah. totally worth.

Post up some pictures if you have a chance

My co-workers helped me out and got raffle tickets for me at my local Footaction. I haven't done a lot of raffles and never won but we have 6 tickets in all for my sz. I called this morning and was told they have the Kobe's and that they will be calling winners shortly. My boss gets a call for the Lebron (which she decided to put in for as well) and was told that they did not have the Kobe's. You can imagine the look on my face when she told me this. SMH.
Almost exact same thing happened to me man.  Went to enter raffles for the pack on my own Wed before the snow storms.  Was told they didn't have the Kobes and didn't know if they would be getting them so only did raffles for Brons and KDs.   Took my chances this am online and struck out everywhere for everything.  No calls from anyone... until about 1130.  Got the KDs (the ones I wanted the least).  11:45 same girl calls and tells me I won the Brons (2nd most desired)!  Asked about the Kobes while I had her on the phone and they said they didn't get them.  

(((Strange thing is before I was contacted I had my girl call to ask about the Kobes and she was told that they did raffle for them on Tuesday?! Whaa?!?!  Has to be complete confusion…I actually think they are pretty legit, think this girl was just misinformed or confused cuz they would have done a raffle on Wed like they did with everything else. Right? So, safe to say, I think we are in the same boat! smh)))

Keep hope alive tho!

so

worth

it.

does the white flyknit look like it will stain easily with the maestros? Just wondering what type of protectant I need on them

Local HoH in Baton Rouge restocked the Preludes (not really a restock, it was their 1st shipment). They had all of them except the 1s and the 7s. They didn't put a limit on buying tho, so my size was gone when I got in and I was 9th in line. Did cop the All-Stars tho:

View media item 802672
Put both pairs of laces in to see which I liked better.

does the white flyknit look like it will stain easily with the maestros? Just wondering what type of protectant I need on them
I'd be careful with it. I feel that as with any light fabric, they'll get dirty to some degree. But with a protectant, and possibly some Jason Markk, they won't look too bad.
Post up some pictures if you have a chance
I'll try to get home to the macro lens to get some of the detail. It was really unexpected, the texture of the design. 

I am not liking this.Starting a sig with all limited releases not a single gr smh

Let's just put it this way... If it started with 2 GRs or really even 1- at that price point, and given the fact Kobe is on the shelf right now, buzz wouldn't be all that great. This way, people are curious. They are thirsting, and its really a no brainer moving forward. Now that they did this, everything else is icing because they are such a divergence from the past few sigs, and this had the potential to be sorta like the 7, versus the 4,5,6, and 8.

Nike knows what they are doing.  They are a marketing genius that has the consumers wrapped around their fingers.

Last edited:
really they got their customers wrapped around their finger, throw in a little marketing to drive the hype or limited factor and they sell out

social media is one of the biggest free tools they have, people get hyped up and post on IG or Twitter, people see that other people like a shoe and then they think they have to have it

argh...the atl area didn't get their shipment yet...hope I get a legit shot at these

went to ftl before work around 10 and they were the only store in the mall not open yet, seemed like they were playing games not opening on time, the crowd got bigger and bigger and it was almost 11am and i had to go. didnt want to end up in a worldstar mob lol

I got my size 11 on nike.com and my girl was able to cop me an extra one size 10 so if anybody is interested in a size 10 then inbox me

Back
Top Bottom