THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
Congrats to everyone who put in work and snagged a pair

Perspectives will be my 1st Kobe 9 it looks like

Hopefully anyway

Has anyones MP order from that Sunday restock actually shipped?

Mine is still "In Progress" 
ohwell.gif

I saw one on eBay for 320 paypal this morning. Not sure if it's still there.
yeah guys keep looking. And keep making offers too. Some of these resellers buy the shoes and need to make back the money quick for bills and what not, so don't give up. Just gotta find the right guy in the right "situation" and you can get a relative steal. Just make sure it's a credible dude.

nice pics, but i disagree with that appreciation comment. anyone who feels a better appreciation due to exclusivity or having to hunt is not really caring all that much about the shoe themselves. same as parasitic collectors and re-sellers.

fake sneakerheads ruin it for those of us who appreciate through wear and tear, regardless of numbers, or hype or popularity.

and it aint a simple matter of "working for" a pickup. we don't all live in the abundance of nyc. many of us HAVE TO rely on the assistance of strangers, otherwise we'll never even SEE a pair outside of the internet.

so enjoy your privileged access, just don't take it for granted. if you really like shoes, consider yourself blessed.
We can agree to disagree. But i think the appreciation for anything is stronger when you put in work and "earn" it. If it was really easy to obtain, it'd be cheap and easy. But when its hard to find (especially in your size for a good price) you appreciate it more than you use to. I'm not talking about appreciating it just because its exclusive. The hard work is what makes the rewards so much sweeter.

And if you don't live in NYC, you can't compare NYC. You have absolutely NO IDEA how hard it is to obtain sneakers in NYC. Everyone has the misconception that just because NYC is a major sneaker scene, we get a lot of everything. Truth is, there isn't enough to go around. Not for the real collectors and definitely not for those just interested in a 1 hitter (for some that just only like the MP for example and have no further interest in any other kobes). The competition to get sneakers is unreal in NYC because everyone is looking to resell and it in return only generates more resellers when one product gets a hit on profit.

It's not a privileged access because you'd be wrong if you think there is none of that shadiness here. The more shops that get the limited stuff, the more shady and greedy they become. Just because I live in NYC doesn't mean I don't have to rely on strangers or help. I've honestly picked up more shoes easier through online than the stores in NYC. The closest HoH is 1 hr drive away, the next closest one is hr and a half. The other ones I'd have to drive more than that and pay gas and toll to New Jersey, and in case you didn't know, toll is a ***** here in the tristate. And most of the HoH and the Niketown here are usually RSVP and raffle for limited sneakers so thats all up to CHANCE, just about the same chance you would have, in fact maybe even less. i would have a 1 in 10 chance in 1 store to win in a small town versus 1 in 100 chance in 1 store in a big sneaker city. Just because theres more stores doesn't mean its easier. And FCFS is not even fair either, people cut lines all the time. Ask some NYC sneakerheads, they'll tell you its just as much as a curse as it is a blessing. 

yeah guys keep looking. And keep making offers too. Some of these resellers buy the shoes and need to make back the money quick for bills and what not, so don't give up. Just gotta find the right guy in the right "situation" and you can get a relative steal. Just make sure it's a credible dude.
Or just pay the extra $20-30 and save the process of dealing with what is most likely a cheapskate that will send you a messed up pair, play games and just in general has bad business practices

kobes). The competition to get sneakers is unreal in NYC because everyone is looking to resell and it in return only generates more resellers when one product gets a hit on profit.

It's not a privileged access because you'd be wrong if you think there is none of that shadiness here. The more shops that get the limited stuff, the more shady and greedy they become. Just because I live in NYC doesn't mean I don't have to rely on strangers or help. I've honestly picked up more shoes easier through online than the stores in NYC. The closest HoH is 1 hr drive away, the next closest one is hr and a half. The other ones I'd have to drive more than that and pay gas and toll to New Jersey, and in case you didn't know, toll is a ***** here in the tristate.

What part of NYC are you in that the closet HOH is an hour away? lol

Got my pair in the mail.

I wasn't feeling them at first because I've gotten so used to my Lebrons, but after a few minutes, these feel like heaven.

I can definitely see how these don't work well with cats that have cankles though. Just too high to be a good look for this particular shoe.

Last edited:
What part of NYC are you in that the closet HOH is an hour away? lol
I live in Staten Island as well as Bensonhurst. It really is an hr drive away from either of my places to the nearest which is 34st. HoH Fulton is 45 minutes away and they don't get a lot. And yes i know i know, theres a HoH in staten island mall but that actually doesn't count because they don't get any of the HoH exclusives. They're just a regular Footlocker. As a matter of fact, it was originally a footlocker, and they just gutted out 1 part of the store and called it house of hoops. Sign still says Footlocker.

Back then the original House of Hoops that I go to and still go to today is HoH Harlem, thats the only place i've ever got anything from. Only 2 sneakers out of all the attempts the last 5 years. That is an hr and a half drive away (without traffic)

Back
Top Bottom