THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters

I asked a legit question. If you don't want to answer, then just keep it to yourself. 

I'm seriously asking if a lot of people actually like these (just as much as the Kobe 8s) or if they are just made limited by Nike to make people believe that they are selling like hotcakes.

So I put my opinion after the question. What's your problem? Quit being sensitive.
I think its all of the above. I actually think they look great. I'm also hoping the lows will be even better than the 8s. I love the 8s but the only ones I could ball in were the superhero elites. I couldn't get my hands on the all black elites. 

Are you adding anything to the discussion? Or just s**tposting? If you don't like the shoe, but you're adding to the discussion or providing some sort of information or review then I doubt anyone would care about you posting wherever.

But my guess is that's not what's happening. Because 90% of the time when I see someone who doesn't like whatever the thread is about they're posting in, they're just being annoying, attention-seeking trolls.

Back to the Kobes though.

The closer I get to the release dates, the more I think I'm going to end up with each of the March releases.
mean.gif
to my bank account.
Did you miss the question I asked before I expressed my opinion on the 9 elites? Also, did you miss my opinion on the 9 elites being folded?

Why are people just noticing my different opinion of the elite's high cut but totally ignored what I said about it being folded and my question prior to that. Sheesh. You guys should READ THE ENTIRE POST and not just nitpick on a particular comment. 

I think its all of the above. I actually think they look great. I'm also hoping the lows will be even better than the 8s. I love the 8s but the only ones I could ball in were the superhero elites. I couldn't get my hands on the all black elites. 
Thank you for giving me a legit answer. Just a follow up though, if you were to pick between the high cut or the mids/low cut version, which would you prefer?

do people actually like these hideous high cut elites that they are going out so fast or did nike just make it limited so people would hype it up?

Just like basically with EVERY shoe/colorway release, there are either:

A. People who really love the shoe
B. People who didn't like it but now they do (only they know the real reason why)
C. People who buy to resell
D. People who hate the shoe

I can never find myself posting in a thread of a shoe I don't like.

But anyway. I can't wait for the perspectives. Those are a must for me.

B. People who didn't like it but now they do (only they know the real reason why)
I understand that. What I want to know is if people's opinion of the highs are the same as when the Kobe 8s came out? Are these as appealing to most people as the Kobe 8s were?

***I don't dislike the entire Kobe 9 series. I'm inclined to get the lows. And seeing as this thread is for the whole Kobe 9 series, then that means I'm posting in the right place. Unless there's a separate thread for the lows/mids, then by all means, I would like to be redirected there. 

Last edited:
I like high-tops in general. I'm a taller guy, I've got long legs, and believe it or not I almost bought a pair of boxing shoes/wrestling shoes both for aesthetic reasons and because they'd make good driving shoes. So the Elites had me pretty psyched from the beginning.

I'm actually not as excited about the 9 lows/mids/whatever, because I have a stack of 30 pairs of 8s that are IMO one of the best shoes ever. So many colors, everyday comfort, better price = overload. Was I as excited for the 8 low as the 9 high? No...but then again they weren't as radical a design change.

I understand that. What I want to know is if people's opinion of the highs are the same as when the Kobe 8s came out? Are these as appealing to most people as the Kobe 8s were?

***I don't dislike the entire Kobe 9 series. I'm inclined to get the lows. And seeing as this thread is for the whole Kobe 9 series, then that means I'm posting in the right place. Unless there's a separate thread for the lows/mids, then by all means, I would like to be redirected there. 

I can only speak for myself when I say yes.

I was so excited for something new since the 7s were absolutely horrible to me that i bought the KB 8 Sulfurs on day 1. The EM/lunar combo was bliss to my feet. :smokin Ended up with 15 pairs

As a lover of Flyknit, I was totally intrigued by the 9 Elites. Glad i was able to grab the MPs and Devotions, and now i just want the Details and the possible "Precisions" or wharever they'll be called. The high collar doesn't bother me at all. The shoe, at this point in time, is just different. A few years down the line, I'm guessing those who didn't try to grab a pair may feel like they missed out... IMO.

Ill also add the fact that its the first bball shoe with flyknit!! That had me interested before I even seen the shoe... high/low whatever

Ill admit at first it was an adjustment but thats what the kobe line is about... pushing new technology

Also the casual look is growing on me... some have executed it well 

I like high-tops in general. I'm a taller guy, I've got long legs, and believe it or not I almost bought a pair of boxing shoes/wrestling shoes both for aesthetic reasons and because they'd make good driving shoes. So the Elites had me pretty psyched from the beginning.

I'm actually not as excited about the 9 lows/mids/whatever, because I have a stack of 30 pairs of 8s that are IMO one of the best shoes ever. So many colors, everyday comfort, better price = overload. Was I as excited for the 8 low as the 9 high? No...but then again they weren't as radical a design change.
I can totally see the highs looking good for tall people with high calf muscles like Kobe and other ball players. I saw some out of shape kids wearing the elite 9s yesterday and it made me cringe, hence, my random negative comment out of the blue.

So as far as I've gathered, most people like the highs because it's a change of pace for the Kobe series. Breaks the monotony of having low cut shoes. Okay, i can understand that. But aesthetically, I just don't feel the highs. Just not as pleasing to look at. I'm not against high cut shoes altogether. I'd go for something as high cut as a Lebron 11 but I feel like the Kobe 9s overdid it.

I can totally see the highs looking good for tall people with high calf muscles like Kobe and other ball players. I saw some out of shape kids wearing the elite 9s yesterday and it made me cringe, hence, my random negative comment out of the blue.

So as far as I've gathered, most people like the highs because it's a change of pace for the Kobe series. Breaks the monotony of having low cut shoes. Okay, i can understand that. But aesthetically, I just don't feel the highs. Just not as pleasing to look at. I'm not against high cut shoes altogether. I'd go for something as high cut as a Lebron 11 but I feel like the Kobe 9s overdid it.
Good debate is always good bro... Repped for sticking to your guns 
smokin.gif

The Kobe 9 Elite was inspired by Kobe's relationship with Manny Pacquiao, which is why the shoe resembles a boxing boot.

Being 6'4", I see the height as no problem... but I do understand some having a problem with it.

The Kobe 9 Elite was inspired by Kobe's relationship with Manny Pacquiao, which is why the shoe resembles a boxing boot.

Being 6'4", I see the height as no problem... but I do understand some having a problem with it.
Well admittedly, some dudes who are like 5'6" and the shoes go halfway up their calves--aren't the best fit for this shoe

I can only speak for myself when I say yes.

I was so excited for something new since the 7s were absolutely horrible to me that i bought the KB 8 Sulfurs on day 1. The EM/lunar combo was bliss to my feet.
smokin.gif
Ended up with 15 pairs

As a lover of Flyknit, I was totally intrigued by the 9 Elites. Glad i was able to grab the MPs and Devotions, and now i just want the Details and the possible "Precisions" or wharever they'll be called. The high collar doesn't bother me at all. The shoe, at this point in time, is just different. A few years down the line, I'm guessing those who didn't try to grab a pair may feel like they missed out... IMO.
Well, I love the Kobe 8s myself. Admittedly, i have never worn flyknit shoes yet. So i don't know how that feels but I've read that the material covering the flyknits on the Kobe 9 actually takes away from the actual flyknit technology. Is that true though?

I definitely the 9 elite is a whole different ball shoes compared to what we are accustomed to. I guess if it catches on, it will be like when people were against the idea of having low cut ball shoes.

Ill also add the fact that its the first bball shoe with flyknit!! That had me interested before I even seen the shoe... high/low whatever

Ill admit at first it was an adjustment but thats what the kobe line is about... pushing new technology

Also the casual look is growing on me... some have executed it well 
I think people who look fit can rock these without any problem coz it definitely looks like something trendy, fashion dudes would only wear and not regular joes. But that's just me.

Thanks for the rep bro. Wasn't trolling as some thought I was. I came out hot with my "hideous" comment but that was just me. 

So i don't know how that feels but I've read that the material covering the flyknits on the Kobe 9 actually takes away from the actual flyknit technology. Is that true though?
Yes. Regular flyknit would get chewed up within a game in all likelihood. So they threw the flyknit over some fuse shell of some sort.

I do recommend you try a pair of lunars/trainers/racers. They're really comfy.

Well, I love the Kobe 8s myself. Admittedly, I have never worn flyknit shoes yet. So i don't know how that feels but I've read that the material covering the flyknits on the Kobe 9 actually takes away from the actual flyknit technology. Is that true though?

The flyknit on the Kobe 9 Elite is more like a faux flyknit. It's flyknit placed on top of a hyperfuse upper, so the upper isn't nearly as flexible as most flyknit shoes. It's pretty stiff, but without the fuse the shoes would fall apart under most strenuous basketball motions.

Back
Top Bottom