THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters

Yeah there is a lot of skepticism in the soccer community over the magista as of now. Most soccer pitches are watered before play...god knows how the flyknit will be when wet. Nike is saying its coated with their All Conditions Control, but who knows. Not to mention the collar stretching out over time...how you wash them...how the lock down will be....will there be any protection from getting kicked. A lot of wait and see i guess
We living in a confused world. First Kobe 8's looking like soccer cleat, then Kobe 9's looking like boxing boots. Now soccer shoes are high tops. 
happy.gif
roll.gif
....I know.

I was thinking this too!  Laces were 72" someone said right?
depends on the size of the shoe. 9.5 shoes come with a 67" in the Masterpiece and a 70" i the ASG. At least that's how mine came from Nike. 63" replacements laces worked perfectly for me. I would think that bigger shoes require longer laces. 

Yeah there is a lot of skepticism in the soccer community over the magista as of now. Most soccer pitches are watered before play...god knows how the flyknit will be when wet. Nike is saying its coated with their All Conditions Control, but who knows. Not to mention the collar stretching out over time...how you wash them...how the lock down will be....will there be any protection from getting kicked. A lot of wait and see i guess
yeah seems like flyknit for basketball and soccer has been nothing more than a marketing thing. Performance wise, ehhhh

So much Drama. So many pages of Useless Banter... And Not Enough LOWS.

Seriously though... it's like less than 3 Weeks til Release and all we've got are Teasers for these Kobe 9's.

I'm getting restless, bruh...
embarassed.gif

yeah seems like flyknit for basketball and soccer has been nothing more than a marketing thing. Performance wise, ehhhh
I don't play soccer but that would hurt like a mutha if one of those cleats punctures the flyknit.

So much Drama. So many pages of Useless Banter... And Not Enough LOWS.

Seriously though... it's like less than 3 Weeks til Release and all we've got are Teasers for these Kobe 9's.

I'm getting restless, bruh...
embarassed.gif
Just lay down on that pile of Kobe 8's and we will wake you up in a couple weeks.

I don't play soccer but that would hurt like a mutha if one of those cleats punctures the flyknit.

Sadly with cleats like the Vapor and Adizero weighing 5-7 ounces most light weight "speed" boots offer little protection. So most players aren't really expecting much in that department (yes it hurts like all hell when you get stepped on, especially with nikes mixed sole plate...thos metal studs are killers). But i think for the normal person durability will be paramount. The magista is $275 i believe. if people are shelling out that much the shoe better last more then one season. And a thin piece of fabric covering your whole foot doesn't strike me as the most durable soccer cleat

Sadly with cleats like the Vapor and Adizero weighing 5-7 ounces most light weight "speed" boots offer little protection. So most players aren't really expecting much in that department (yes it hurts like all hell when you get stepped on, especially with nikes mixed sole plate...thos metal studs are killers). But i think for the normal person durability will be paramount. The magista is $275 i believe. if people are shelling out that much the shoe better last more then one season. And a thin piece of fabric covering your whole foot doesn't strike me as the most durable soccer cleat
on the plus side, the flyknit on my kobe 9 masterpiece has been pretty durable. Stepped on multiple times and not even a single fray. Obviously these are sneakers without cleats on the basketball court but for some reason I was expecting the flyknit to rip the first time someone landed on the shoe and created some sort of torsional force against the fabric. But yeah, I see it being tore up in soccer. I mean even the laundry machine is going to mess it up lol, let alone other players

Last edited:
I mostly can't get over how small these fks make my normally big man 12 look like... normal... prolly why small footers lookin like kids

everyone calm down whats with the hostility. were all friends.
It is mostly because there is a huge range of age groups here.  Seems like some guys are really sensitive about stuff and when they are, I just say sorry and move on because I am a grown man with a shoe hobby I've had since the mid 1980's.  I don't have time to argue with kids about what is hot and what is not, what is hyped and what is not.  Some of you guys have to remember that we call people out on this forum and things could be taken with offense sometimes, but at the end of the day, some of the guys here have to go home and raise children, run businesses, go to class, whatever it may be.  Sometimes, we don't have time to see if things have been posted before or to be considerate for everyone's feelings.  Chill out and enjoy shoes together.  When I see people get pissed off here, I'm thinking damn you got time to be all mad on a forum???  You need to change your priorities.

Anyhow, I went to that horrible Laker game last night.  Got to see the Nike Vault shop at Staples.  They had all the Kobe Preludes on display.  Seeing those in-person is way different than the internet pics.  They had a huge Perspective display up and they had the Inspirations, but no lows or Detail on display at all.  I'll post pics soon.  Didn't see anybody else wearing Kobe 9 last night except the dude that worked in the Nike Vault store.  If you guys go to Staples this year, check out the Nike Vault store.  Cool displays in there.

It is mostly because there is a huge range of age groups here.  Seems like some guys are really sensitive about stuff and when they are, I just say sorry and move on because I am a grown man with a shoe hobby I've had since the mid 1980's.  I don't have time to argue with kids about what is hot and what is not, what is hyped and what is not.  Some of you guys have to remember that we call people out on this forum and things could be taken with offense sometimes, but at the end of the day, some of the guys here have to go home and raise children, run businesses, go to class, whatever it may be.  Sometimes, we don't have time to see if things have been posted before or to be considerate for everyone's feelings.  Chill out and enjoy shoes together.  When I see people get pissed off here, I'm thinking damn you got time to be all mad on a forum???  You need to change your priorities.

Anyhow, I went to that horrible Laker game last night.  Got to see the Nike Vault shop at Staples.  They had all the Kobe Preludes on display.  Seeing those in-person is way different than the internet pics.  They had a huge Perspective display up and they had the Inspirations, but no lows or Detail on display at all.  I'll post pics soon.  Didn't see anybody else wearing Kobe 9 last night except the dude that worked in the Nike Vault store.  If you guys go to Staples this year, check out the Nike Vault store.  Cool displays in there.
No details? damn, that's surprising.

man I really hope some info comes out on the Kobe 9 Elite ID soon. Hopefully it will be available. I'm sure the amount of flyknit patterns will be limited like the Lunar 2 (I think those only have 3 different flyknit colors). I can live with that though. Changes to the liner, laces, sole, tongue, nike swoosh and that glued on pattern along the sides will make it still worthwhile. I mean seriously.. Nike could offer different types of patterns, different colors on the pattern etc...  I feel like a lot of people would spend the extra money.

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick PS. I like the black sole better than the light blue. Still doesn't look right to me.

super quick mockup
I'm not sure if that would have been better.  Maybe a dark blue sole? LOL I dunno.  I stopped trying to be a designer.  That's why I don't use Nike ID.  You are paying a high price for a nice design and quality, but Nike wants me to design the colors myself and then pay more than the normal version?  That was always weird to me.  I should be paying less if I have to choose the colors myself!

Back
Top Bottom