THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
anyway, now that I've seen them, I wish I hadn't because now we have a loooong wait before we can get them in hand. lol

In closer inspection, looks like the ankle strap can be folded down. I think something similar to the Jordan XX8. The line just below the calf area looks like it helps hold the cylinder form. Who knows. Just my observation.

Looks like they took a page from this:
28-perf-1.jpg

In closer inspection, looks like the ankle strap can be folded down. I think something similar to the Jordan XX8. The line just below the calf area looks like it helps hold the cylinder form. Who knows. Just my observation.
IMO rolling down the ankle would make the shoe look sloppy. Defeats the purpose and kills the appeal of the shoe for me. It's equivalent to wearing a shoe with a zipper zipped down.

Last edited:
i sound like a broken record

ankle support ≠ the cut of the shoe

ankle support = how low your foot sits to the ground

sorry for large font, but i hate misinformed people.

[COLOR=#red]if your foot is gonna roll, a piece of leather, fly nit, EM, hyperfuse, WHATEVER isn't gonna stop it from rolling[/COLOR]

exactly ...so why do these look like mutumbos????

curious to understand logic behind such a high ankle

Anyways....

I definitely like what I'm seeing from this first pair. Anxious to see what they do this year as for lows and/or highs and special colors. Need an RD for that pair pictured tho ASAP

" A 2000 Brigham Young University study published in the journal found that high top shoes did out perform low top shoes when comparing the amount of ankle inversion athletes experienced. Therefore, high top shoes may be considered one prevention method against inversion ankle sprains while playing basketball." -Livestrong.com

...clearly Nters know more than Phd's at BYU.

exactly ...so why do these look like mutumbos????

curious to understand logic behind such a high ankle

There's a lot cut version coming out too...

Nike is probably just experimenting.. As they always do with the Kobe line.

IMO rolling down the ankle would make the shoe look sloppy. Defeats the purpose and kills the appeal of the shoe for me. It's equivalent to wearing a shoe with a zipper zipped down.

I agree. Just something I noticed and it looks like I'm not the only one that notice it too. I'll most like get it just to get. I think it might look like the kobe 7 strap. Guess we will find out come February.

LMAO that dude is a clown.

I dig the kobe 9s. I have too many shoes to play with all of them tho. Ill rock casually

Right now my lebron 9 lows are the go to. Great support and lock down. Not going to switch it up till I run them to the ground. 

" A 2000 Brigham Young University study published in the journal found that high top shoes did out perform low top shoes when comparing the amount of ankle inversion athletes experienced. Therefore, high top shoes may be considered one prevention method against inversion ankle sprains while playing basketball." -Livestrong.com

...clearly Nters know more than Phd's at BYU.

It says RIGHT there that it's a study from 2000. Want me to find a study from 1960s how tobacco is great for you?

You're right, shoes from 2000 had terrible support whether high or low, so the preferred shoe to get was a high top.

Like I said, read my post. It's simple physics. Why do you think girls roll their ankles in high heels? No support.

There's a lot going on in the midsole of a low cut that prevents you from rolling. Outriggers, how low your foot is, heel cup support etc

Now this all is thrown out the window if you step on someone's foot. Like I said, a piece of material isn't gonna stop your body's and all that force from rolling.

I've rolled my ankle more times in high tops than lows.

Low cut = 1 time when I didn't lace up properly
High cut = dozens

Last edited:
ok, you show me a study that backs your statement at all. at least I took a few seconds out of my day to try to provide factual evidence. What are your qualifications?:lol:

Honestly, I dont even care at this point. I swear people argue on here just to see their own posts sometimes and flex their e-muscle without putting a single ounce of thought into what they are saying or really researching information. keep wearing lows, ill keep wearing mids and highs, i could not careless about your opinions, and the ignorance of the argument is not worth my time. peace

Last edited:
Turning your ankle is more of a freak thing. I'm sure some people have turned their ankle more in lows instead of highs and vice versa. I personally feel I'm less likely to turn my ankle wearing a high but that doesn't mean either of you guys are wrong though. It also depends on the type of player you are. If your a cut and slash player the likely hood is you'll turn your ankle more than a post player.

Last edited:
One last thing on the ankle support topic. Some people just have paper ankles and no matter what it happens regardless of the shoe. Steph Curry is a prime example.

Ima Kobe fan I love his shoes and how he tries to go different. I think these will perform outstanding and people will love them. As far as casual if you know how to dress you can make anything look casual. I will just pull the height part Down or put pants over it and lower where I tie my shoe strings and still shoe the tongue. I'm grabbing from the jump so im not one of the people searching for them once they figure out how great they're and have to pay an arm and a leg. Especially if this his last shoe (you never know) but I doubt it. But the low top im sure will be great. I still consider these low considering flynit is light and you probably won't realize they that high or that you gave them on once they are on. Kobe said "they gonna knock your socks off" he wouldn't say that for nothing. Once nike unveils and he see all the specs and the meaning. Doubters will be all over them

be interested to know the overall tech incorporated, not just materials but how they have been implemented. Obviously in interested in the ankle area and hoping they put some thought into this particular part of the shoe.

I don't think it's a coincidence that the 9 is a high. From his recent shoe history being primarily lows and the injury. I think it was said they went back and made the shoe a high but don't quote me on that.

This shoe was in development way before Kobe's achilles went kaput. Can't believe we're on the 9th shoe and people are still arguing about low vs high.

I also can't believe that it took me so long to figure out that the collar says, "Ninth".

Back
Top Bottom