THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
7s had probably the best color executions next to the 5 but the worst performance. Picked up VNDS galaxies for $200 last night :pimp: gonna scoop cloaks for $180 today. Two of the dopest concepts in the entire line

Just seen this now. QFT. The VII is such a nice shoe, its a shame its not as comfortable as the rest of the line. Its prob my 2nd favorite design wise out of the line, V being #1.

The answer is no. 1-8 are not popular and are pretty much trash for the most part.

5 and up only are popular because of the limited colorways

Obviously it won't be as popular as the jordan line but I do think there is some staying power for kobes. You saw how popular the prelude pack is and nike could continue to do other qs like that to build hype for less popular models. And when normal colorways are released in older models people are going to be hooked again. Me personally I hope some do retro like the grinch, and I plan on rocking my pairs of Kobes way down the road.

The answer is no. 1-8 are not popular and are pretty much trash for the most part.

I disagree.  I don't think 1-8 are by any means trash the 8's were a great shoe!!  Not only for the colorways but for the fit/comfort also.

and isn't that where the look of the shoe comes from, the colorway?  So if they have great colorways that's at least 50% of what makes a great shoe

what good is a great performance shoe if it looks hideous, and by the same token what good is a very nice looking shoe that's uncomfortable

Interesting debate on if the kobe line will have an impact down the road off court like jordan retros
http://m.*************.com/news/does-kobe-bryant-s-nike-signature-line-have-a-street-legacy-/

alonzo-mourning-heat-upset-then-realization.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Preludes did so well because they were mad limited.

Kobe 1, 2, 3 and 4 sat. Nobody was buying them. Outlets were stocked with them :x

5 they made their limited colors and it started to pick up. 6 they did the same thing and now his line is popular.

We are talking about how the shoe looks, not it's performance on the court. Carmelo's new shoes are supposedly a great basketball shoe. I've never seen anyone with them on.

These 9s are the first Kobe's I've liked since his The Kobe shoe released. AKA Crazy 1. I am a HUGE Kobe fan but his Nike line has been awful looking.

I disagree as well. The 3's, 4's, 5's, 6's, and 8's were pretty comfortable shoes. Way more comfortable than the crap quality retros JB throws us. Comfort saves the shoes for me. The design of them are very unique. If they were to bring out that white pack, I wouldn't even hesitate to pick some up.

A lot of Jordan's sat on shelves and outlets during initial releases. And I think Adidas made more horrible looking shoes for kobe than Nike did

Last edited:
Are you guys reading?

Will the Kobe line have the same impact OFF THE COURT like Jordan's. No one that buys Jordan's are upset because they're not comfortable to walk or hoop in. This isn't about the Kobe's comfort, it's about how they look. BIG difference. These might be great hooping shoes but none of 1-8 are selling out tomorrow unless they're limited. No matter the colorway.

Are you guys reading?

Will the Kobe line have the same impact OFF THE COURT like Jordan's. No one that buys Jordan's are upset because they're not comfortable to walk or hoop in. This isn't about the Kobe's comfort, it's about how they look. BIG difference. These might be great hooping shoes but none of 1-8 are selling out tomorrow unless they're limited. No matter the colorway.
We are also saying that they look great too.  IMO the Jordan line is crap after the 13's compared to 1-13, and thats not even close.  I think the Kobe's will most definitely still impact off the court wear after he retires

can't wait for Saturday! just sold my prelude 2s cuz i couldn't justify 2 gray kobes... now time to go get me some details!

have tried to talk myself off the cliff on these since they first were announced but i just can't do it.

also def gonna laceswap the asg's just not feeling the ones that came in. will try the glow splatter ones n maybe post some pics but I reckon it's been covered.

Preludes did so well because they were mad limited.

Kobe 1, 2, 3 and 4 sat. Nobody was buying them. Outlets were stocked with them :x

5 they made their limited colors and it started to pick up. 6 they did the same thing and now his line is popular.

We are talking about how the shoe looks, not it's performance on the court. Carmelo's new shoes are supposedly a great basketball shoe. I've never seen anyone with them on.

These 9s are the first Kobe's I've liked since his The Kobe shoe released. AKA Crazy 1. I am a HUGE Kobe fan but his Nike line has been awful looking.

Not correct sir. The 4s did not sit by any means. First off many of the cw's were HOH exclusives and those went quick (venom, chaos, usc, rice, asg, mlk, finals, etc). Many of the gr/limited gr cws sold out as well. Over 35 cw's dropped so there were a few that sat. Have you looked at ebay prices on the 4's? Insane! GR's cw's are going for $250+, and the preludes helped with that. The popularity of the line really kicked off with the 4's, 5's extended it and by the time the 6's came out kobe's were easily mainstream. SC's just did a sole decade were the 4's were #2 shoe of the decade. hmmm...

Are you guys reading?

Dude, the article is OPINIONATED. Your opinion is no, you back it up by saying the limited label is the only way they sell and Kobe's are only made for on court and how previous models have sat. My Opinion is yes and I back that up by previous models having sold fairly well, sure some models were at outlets but so have Jordan's back when they released before the retro thing started. A lot of people already wear Kobe's off the court because the popularity of Kobe's have gone up since it's initial debut. Not many people were rocking Jordan's casually in the beginning but eventually the retros got people wearing them wherever, EVEN weddings. If Nike were to retro Kobe's, I think it will sell and have an impact off the court as well.

Are you guys reading?

Anthony Davis voice: "I would disagree"

if you dropped chaos, BL, DK V, OC VI, etc. tomorrow in regular nike basketball GR numbers i guarantee they would sell out, those are beautiful shoes, on or off court

Are you speaking for yourself or everyone?

You're also comparing a sneaker that they have 15-25 different colorways to release to early Jordan's that had 3-6.

Last edited:
ol boy really said 1-8 are pretty much trash..... :smh:

Him answering the question is funny actually.

It's like a person who doesn't like rap music, giving their opinion on the new Rick Ross or Schoolboy Q album.

Then instead of bowing out the question, because they aren't in to rap music. Trying to convince you the albums are trash.

1-7 may not have been that popular when they released (excluding limited releases), but when they retro, they will sell quickly, believe that. 8s on the other hand were popular. Most CWs sold pretty well.  Personally, I like most of the line.

Last edited:
Looks great IMO.

Been thinking about trying white laces on these Devotions.  Could be good or a total disaster...
I tried the white, meh at best. These aren't long enough to tie any kind of knot with, so if you're coo with going untied, you should be good.

I tried the white, meh at best. These aren't long enough to tie any kind of knot with, so if you're coo with going untied, you should be good.
Thanks for replying about the white.  Since I hoop in them it would be a no go with the shorter kobe 8 laces, gotta tie em up.

The black/gold looks excellent though

Back
Top Bottom