THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
Is the release date still set for February?

Seems weird they are having an event this week and aren't going to release until Feb. 

Last year I think the event was 12.8.12 and the 8s released on like the 20th?

Is the release date still set for February?

Seems weird they are having an event this week and aren't going to release until Feb. 

Last year I think the event was 12.8.12 and the 8s released on like the 20th?

i personally believe we'll see the kobe 9 low's this month, and the high fliynit in february.

Oh, I stand corrected.

I was never interested in either shoe so I was completely obviously to the entire pack being sold together in more limited quantities

My initial comment was based on the amount of people I know who were able to get the shoes individually.

My bad

Either way I doubt the retro 1/2/3's would be THAT limited. That's ridiculous and would make no sense.

If they did an additional special package release and made it that limited, fine.

But overall? I can't see it.

Hearing that the Prelude Kobe's are very, very limited...

JM

Man, that whole Prelude lineup.. limited..Smh..

Horrible..Just horrible..

Last edited:
its more a performance and court shoe than the previous models
tired.gif

Hearing that the Prelude Kobe's are very, very limited...

JM
Well that sucks...

I'm not even a fan of the earlier Kobe models.

This news is a bit disheartening because I was looking forward to Nike retro-ing the Lebron line.

Odds are Nike will handle the releases in a similar fashion. 

I'll be happy when this "jump through hoops for every release" ish is a thing of the past.

I'm hearing that JM is defintly that dude. 
nthat.gif

Thanks for the info tho. Gald I can cope with the inevitable disappointment early. 
eyes.gif

What some people don't understand is that RARELY is a Player's Most Recent Seasons' Injuries taken into account on the Next Season's Sneaker.

The Reason: 95% of All Product Creative/Development Process begins 18 Months Ahead... which mean's after 12 Months of Development (Spring 13) the Kobe 9 was pretty much 100% by time Kobe injured his Achilles.

The fact that these are Hi-Top Sneakers have nothing to do in particular with this Achilles Injury.

With that being said, all 3 major brand athletes can go through a much shorter time frame for development. Yes they follow that process, but not to the tee. Modifications can be made at the "last minute" (past the regular process times).

I'm pretty sure the guys behind the LeBron XI are scrambling over at the NSRL to modify the shoe to better suit LBJ's foot, AFTER product launch. WAY PAST AFTER the "development phase"

Thing is, it's an established fact that shoe height is irrelevant. why do you think Kobe is still practicing in Kobe 8s? He clearly likes his lows and doesn't care much about shoe height in the middle stage of his comeback.

He wore the medical Mamba just because he has an actual wound on his foot. With stitching and all. But now that it's completely healed, he's back to normal. Height of the shoe doesn't matter to Kobe, he likes em low.

Back
Top Bottom