THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters

Yes. Regular flyknit would get chewed up within a game in all likelihood. So they threw the flyknit over some fuse shell of some sort.

I do recommend you try a pair of lunars/trainers/racers. They're really comfy.
Off topic: How do those flyknit shoes compare to Nike frees though coz those are my go-to shoes for training and when I feel like walking for long hours. 
The flyknit on the Kobe 9 Elite is more like a faux flyknit. It's flyknit placed on top of a hyperfuse upper, so the upper isn't nearly as flexible as most flyknit shoes. It's pretty stiff, but without the fuse the shoes would fall apart under most strenuous basketball motions.
In terms of flexibility, how does it compare to the EM on the Kobe 8 though? Coz the 8s gave me a feeling like I was balling on running shoes.

I've seen flyknit shoes up close and I agree that they don't look like they would hold up well if used for basketball. They probably would have the same lifetime as a Hyperrev or maybe even worse without that hyperfuse on top of the flyknit.

Yeah, 8 EM is more flexible. And I can't speak about frees vs flyknits because the only free I have is the flyknit free
laugh.gif

I understand that. What I want to know is if people's opinion of the highs are the same as when the Kobe 8s came out? Are these as appealing to most people as the Kobe 8s were?

no, they were/are FAR MORE appealing to me.

i've mentioned before, i never liked the kobe line until i saw the first images of the elites. the ridiculous cut and flyknit is unlike anything else so it immediately piqued my interest. whereas the rest of the line, while probably great performers, all looked like generic nikes to me.

i seldom shoot hoops, so my kicks are mainly for casual daily wear. until recently, it was almost exclusively jordan, but jb are getting really damn boring now. the same retros every other week.

Last edited:
need help guys let me know what you think

i just won a listing on ebay it was for maestro , after i won and paid the seller is telling me that nike mistakenly sent him masterpiece with maestro box, should i go for it? it wwas $355

only if you like them more.

but technically the masterpiece are worth more money (if that matters at all (it shouldn't))

I would keep the Masterpieces. But if you wanted the ASGs, you should do a mutual cancellation and go after another listing.

Yeah, 8 EM is more flexible. And I can't speak about frees vs flyknits because the only free I have is the flyknit free
laugh.gif
free is comparable to lunarlon not flyknit... flyknit comes in both midsoles but I prefer lunarlon over free 

EM is comparable to flyknit...  flyknit wouldnt work for bball which is why nike had to make a hybrid for kb9 elite

My 2cents 

need help guys let me know what you think

i just won a listing on ebay it was for maestro , after i won and paid the seller is telling me that nike mistakenly sent him masterpiece with maestro box, should i go for it? it wwas $355
Take MPs and dont look back... prices for maestro will go down before MPs 

Just how tall are these? I'm prob gonna get a pair of the asg and I want to know just before hand. I'm about 5'10, will I look like a complete ****** wearing these with shorts? Or will it be fine with the height and everything? Can anyone send a pic of you in them with shorts on?

Just how tall are these? I'm prob gonna get a pair of the asg and I want to know just before hand. I'm about 5'10, will I look like a complete ****** wearing these with shorts? Or will it be fine with the height and everything? Can anyone send a pic of you in them with shorts on?

Just search them on IG.

They are an inch or two lower than an elite sock from the looks of pics I've seen

For people worried those black and silver pair were the Michael Jackson's it appears their not, their the wear test sample he first wore to practice.  Glad they are.  Also glad because I remember saying they were pry just wear test samples when pics first released and had a couple people say it was stupid for me to assume that since the announcement of the shoe was coming that day and that he wouldn't just now be wearing the samples right before the reveal.  Glad I don't hold grudges haha

via: realpromotagged

Last edited:

I'm 5'10 and with normal basketball shorts and normal calf height athletic socks they look fine. Just don't get long shorts or too high socks or you'll look you have stubby Yosemite Sam legs. Otherwise, you should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom