THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
Just saw the GS size Inspirations and MPs, don't look too good, especially compared the GS ASGs. The purple joints look better than both IMO, more detail.

Saw some men size Inspirations at Champs and FTL Lenox, not sure of quantity.

Last edited:
Even though it looks yellow, it's orange. And that volt is a no go for me :smh:
I agree. Had my NRG and inspiration pairs side by side and I still think the NRG is the best so far (and I'm not basing my decision on how limited they are).

I was offered both NRG's and MP's for my red octobers. Obviously I passed. Personally, the NRG is too basic as far as CW goes to me to be worth 800 each. But the materials is what imo puts the NRG's in a league of their own. Thta being said I'd love to get the NRG for the low. but that aint happening lol... But I am now 3/5 in my elite collection lol... MP's >>>> ASG by a mile. Just sayin lol

Im not here to bash no one...

but these look absolutely ******ed in jeans.

It screams "hey look at my shoes, that are made for basketball but they are expensive so I am going to wear them casually to stunt even though they dont match anything other than a basketball uniform"

love the shoes though, they are beautiful.....on court.

Last edited:
I'm glad to see that that laker/suns color might be releasing :pimp:

Might end up being my favorite kobe EVER :pimp:

does anyone else think it was kind of manipulative of Nike to sell these as a true flyknit basketball shoe?
I mean the flyknit is basically just an aesthetic part of the shoe placed on top of a fuse like material.
I still love the 9s and think the design is amazing, but was expecting more of a flyknit feel with maybe a thicker thread or a more dense thread pattern.

It screams "hey look at my shoes, that are made for basketball but they are expensive so I am going to wear them casually to stunt even though they dont match anything other than a basketball uniform"

love the shoes though, they are beautiful.....
they'd prob be 300+ if they do, or at least high 200's

We'll have to wait after the rest of the Elites release to see if they'll be on iD. It wouldn't be a wise move to announce that they are and hurt sales on the scheduled releases.

love the shoes though, they are beautiful.....on court.
Respect your opinion but don't agree one bit.  I think these look great with jeans.  Personally I wear the top of the shoe tucked under my jeans since I'm not into the popped out tongue look.  Looks very similar to wearing a pair of flyknit trainers.

And people have been wearing basketball shoes with jeans since the 80's ... it's commonplace ... always has been.  

does anyone else think it was kind of manipulative of Nike to sell these as a true flyknit basketball shoe?
I mean the flyknit is basically just an aesthetic part of the shoe placed on top of a fuse like material.
I still love the 9s and think the design is amazing, but was expecting more of a flyknit feel with maybe a thicker thread or a more dense thread pattern.
This!

The last true basketball tech out of Nike was hyperfuse. Everything else was running tech that just happened to make its way to the basketball silo

Thought I was gonna pass on the Perspectives, but they're starting to grow on me like the Blue Glow 8s did last year.

Hmmmm...
nerd.gif
Right I see now that they're gonna be available everywhere, but still want em and IDK why people are sleepin I think they really pop in person!

But good point with Blue glow 8's last year tons of people slept and their one of my favorite 8's

just wondering did anyone get there order of kobe 9 shipped yet from dsg?  i got two emails with it processing.  Was just wondering thanks peeps.  

Got a 2nd pair of MP's from a friend for retail. When you look out for people in the past, they wont forget you in the future.
happy.gif

I was reading some comments before where one(some) were saying how not all pairs look a like and that turned them off in a way I guess. I will say I love the variability I think it adds character to each shoe (simliar to the bordueax 7 tongues, some people wanted more yellow, others more bordeaux, I was just happy to get my pair and I had a majority black and bordeaux, very little yellow). No matter what it these are fire!

What time does NBA.com and DSG make these available in the morning? for the ones that are releasing there

Last edited:
Thought I was gonna pass on the Perspectives, but they're starting to grow on me like the Blue Glow 8s did last year.

Hmmmm...
nerd.gif
I haven't missed out on a pair of blue Kobe's since the V's...I guess I'll keep my streak alive w/ these, but like I said before, these were the only Kobe 9's I'm feelin so far

Last edited:
Interesting that in the perspective inspiration detail pack, inspiration is more limited than perspective.

These should be an easy cop for anyone that wants these next weekend.

Back
Top Bottom