THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters

I still haven't and probably won't until Saturday, but hopefully the Perspectives are in stock and I can see them tomorrow while I'm out
Looking at the launch locator everybody should be pretty happy this week across the board. No salt in the diet this week.

Hope the same for everyone trying to get theres in the next 3 weeks. I'm always on the hunt for MP but I have my eyes on the draft days and/or michael jacksons (whatever they will be). Needed a break, specially with the baron 1/9 couple weeks there after! 

Last edited:
I'll be passing on the blue pair this Saturday. Looks too available for my taste. Not limited enough ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ive sold every blue Kobe I've ever owned, duke 5s and 6s, and blue glow 8s. More than likely would happen if I bought the perspectives, so I won't even bother. They look nice tho.

Grey pair coming up tho.... I keep telling myself I don't want em, but it's not working very well. They're pretty sick. Will be a game time decision for me.

If anyone knows where some Inspirations may be sitting around for phone order, I'd love to hear that info. It seems like most of the boutique type places I'd usually call didn't get these.

I'll be passing on the blue pair this Saturday. Looks too available for my taste. Not limited enough ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ive sold every blue Kobe I've ever owned, duke 5s and 6s, and blue glow 8s. More than likely would happen if I bought the perspectives, so I won't even bother. They look nice tho.

Grey pair coming up tho.... I keep telling myself I don't want em, but it's not working very well. They're pretty sick. Will be a game time decision for me.

That size 13 Details is calling your name... :lol:

If anyone knows where some Inspirations may be sitting around for phone order, I'd love to hear that info. It seems like most of the boutique type places I'd usually call didn't get these.
Try looking up niketowns and see if any still have available. Or even call nike and ask them if they can locate pairs for you to make phone orders.

so MP's are basically all out the market now?

I only have my li-nings for ball I need another sneaker for ball

I personally wasn't surprised at all that there is fuse/tpu underlay and not exclusively flyknit on the IX. The Kobe 8 was marketed as having an engineered mesh upper but turned out to be supported with fuse underlay. Nike gave us the first basketball shoe with flyknit so they didn't lie about that aspect but they had to make it work. Raw flyknit would have resulted in lack of support and stability for basketball moves.

But that's the point. They made it sound as if they figured out a way to use flyknit technology on the basketball court but instead just used it as a design feature.

Pretty easy pick up for the inspirations, I'm excited I got them tho, had a harder time picking up the first Lebron 11. I really love the shoe though, Nike did a great job with these

That size 13 Details is calling your name... :lol:
Details=grey pair? Sorry, I haven't kept up too much with the nicknames. Too many, and releases too close together haha.

But yeah, they're beauties. I'm already close to hitting $1k on the 3 elites I already have... Might have to sit those out unless I can grab for less than retail, which is doubtful.

Out of the non NRG released 9s, masterpieces being most limited, and that's the only pair I've been lucky enough to pay retail for :smh: . Pretty sure I coulda got all stars, and inspirations for retail, but I got stuff online for friends those days and told myself I'd pass. Had to come out of pocket because of it :\

Try looking up niketowns and see if any still have available. Or even call nike and ask them if they can locate pairs for you to make phone orders.

That was my first instinct. All sold out. Ah well, if I do have to pay resell it'd probably only be about $30-50 over what I would've paid after tax anyway.

That was my first instinct. All sold out. Ah well, if I do have to pay resell it'd probably only be about $30-50 over what I would've paid after tax anyway.
I paid $290 shipped for a pair. Retail for me would be $245. Shipping for him since he's across the country will be at least $15-$17 (could be more), that's already $260ish, and PayPal fees, another $10 or so. It's like a nice tip in his pocket. He's happy, I'm more or less happy... It's all good.

that is a bad statement, considering the white/volt NRG and the black NRG pair is way more limited but majority of the people would take a pair of MP's over them. Hell I'd still take my Devotion/Maestro/ASG IX's over them. And I live in NYC so i had a chance to get those NRG's but i didn't because I don't like them regardless of how limited they are.

Not sure if trolling or just a ******ed comment. he was doing a commercial/photoshoot and he had to lace the ASG up. Look for another flyknit commercial with Richard Sherman.

I get what you mean by the NRG being too basic as far as CW, but its funny because the Red Octobers are even more of a basic cw, its got ONE color lol. 
left tht part out lol.... im a hypocrit lmao

How much glue you think is on the Swoosh of the 9's. they really should have worked that into the flyknit.

How much glue you think is on the Swoosh of the 9's. they really should have worked that into the flyknit.

lol yeah they did OD on the glue there. They could have painted it on like the other FK shoes i wouldn't have mind

I paid $290 shipped for a pair. Retail for me would be $245. Shipping for him since he's across the country will be at least $15-$17 (could be more), that's already $260ish, and PayPal fees, another $10 or so. It's like a nice tip in his pocket. He's happy, I'm more or less happy... It's all good.

Yeah that's probably right about what I'll end up paying. It's crazy that retail + tax is $240 though. :smh:

I was looking through my old NDC orders and there were a bunch of Kobe VIs for $140.

lol yeah they did OD on the glue there. They could have painted it on like the other FK shoes i wouldn't have mind
yeah is that what they did with the runners. I don't even know off the top of my head. I was lookin at the inspirations and i was damn thats a lot of glue holding the swoosh on.

Yeah that $225 retail is a killer. My OCD of needing the new Kobes from the line gets me tho.

And $330 for all stars is fair. Can probably find for cheaper if you're patient, but don't miss out trying to save a few $$s. I made that mistake twice on all stars and it screwed me at the end.

Last edited:

Not saying thats a good deal. Not saying thats a bad one either. But it's fair.
Yeah that's for a size 9 which I need. Someone I know has a 10 for a little over retail but I don't want too take the chance and not be able to find a swap.

Last edited:
Sorry guys, browsing from a phone and my mom has 56 K webernets so its gonna take some time to find my answer...

... and find myself.

What's the consensus for the sizing... like the last Kobe's where most of us halfed up?

Or true to the size of the prize.

My guys with the thunder thighs.

For the eyes.

Yeah that's for a size 9 which I need. Someone I know has a 10 for a little over retail but I don't want too take the chance and not be able to find a swap.
yeah i would do it then. The AS will dry up pretty soon. Especially with these next two releases looking like everybody could grab a pair.

Back
Top Bottom