THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters

i don't know why they upped the MSRP $20, I don't see any technology advances from the 8 EM to the 9 EM. 
My guess whould be more outsole material... Kobe 8 had huge chunk missing where the CF was

Last edited:
Theory incorrect.

Those red scratch marks on the original bruce lee's represent this.
View media item 850694
Scratches marks on Lee caused by a hand. It wouldn't make sense for the Kobe line to all of a sudden to use 9 lines to represent a scratch.

Those 9 lines are exactly what they told you they were...a reminder of the injury and the surgery

:lol: exactly. They didn't keep the stitches on this colorway to connect with the scratch marks... they kept them on there because it's a apart of the design.

My guess whould be more outsole material... Kobe 8 had huge chunk missing where the CF was
A couple square inches of outsole material is a trivial cost for Nike. They upped the price bc of the marketing campaign, increased costs of material and to adjust for inflation. But $20 extra for basically the same shoe with a different outsole. DAMN.

Last edited:

That's a trivial cost for Nike. They upped the price bc of the marketing campaign, increased costs of material and to adjust for inflation. But $20 extra for basically the same shoe with a different outsole. DAMN.
Yeah IK.... i just need a reason to pay $20 more.

lol thats not good enough of a reason. Cheap laces and weak and lack of heel design should automatically make these the same price, if not, lower (yeah right, nike). $140 was even barely justifiable on the 8's, i bought all my 8's with a coupon after release (except the prelude 8's)

That's a trivial cost for Nike. They upped the price bc of the marketing campaign, increased costs of material and to adjust for inflation. But $20 extra for basically the same shoe with a different outsole. DAMN.
Yeah IK.... i just need a reason to pay $20 more.

Pretty much. Aren't the Lebron Lows pretty much stuck with the same tech (and design) year after year? They just get their price upped because they're associated with a higher number.

View media item 619672

BRUH. I know all that, I know the history. Apparently, what I said went over your head a bit.

I'm Sleep, tho.

Apparently you're just trying to talk silly ish into existence.

You know what the red lines are about and that they're here to stay.

Why go into some off the wall theory about them possibly meaning something different on the lows and nike switching the logo on later c/w's?

Maybe cause you posted 30k thirsty comments for the lows and now that they're here you see they aren't all that :lol:

lol thats not good enough of a reason. Cheap laces and weak and lack of heel design should automatically make these the same price, if not, lower (yeah right, nike). $140 was even barely justifiable on the 8's, i bought all my 8's with a coupon after release (except the prelude 8's)
yeah I rmbr the first pair of Kobe 8's I bought.. I opened the box and looked at it after delivery and I was thinking to myself "damn this is a cheap a** shoe for $152.43." So now it's going to be approx $174.00 for the same crap

Last edited:
over me sizing a .5 half size down? man i cant even keep up with all these new elite socks that are out. i remember seeing those dual layer elites a long time ago at DSG, are they still around for retail or less? so now do they feel like a perfect fit? no heel slippage and feeling locked down?
You might be able to go .5 down but I couldn't . So these made it work no heel slip

I'm not saying that the EM lows are not nice, but I'm going to pass until I see something special in a colorway.  Everyone knows that the 8s were a simple design with a cool heel counter and excellent comfort, but I didn't want the 8s until I saw some purple fades, pit vipers, other awesome designs on the mesh.  I just feel that if I'm gonna get one of the lows, I want a pair that I can say wow this colorway or shoe is sick because blah blah blah.  If I bought this first release, I wouldn't be able to say anything like that.  I would say oh these are sick because they are flat yellow and have some black with a little red...  Oh by the way, they are comfortable.  Well, there are a lot of comfortable and great performing shoes for less than $160.  I'm sure the lows will have some amazing colorways that I like more in the future... I'm a huge Bruce Lee fan (whether it is a true BL cw or not), but will pass on the lows until I see some nice colorways that I like.

View media item 850405
View media item 850406

View media item 667656

Something tells me that MAYBE the Marks on the Heel will be coinciding with the "Bruce Lee" Marks on the Forefoot of the KOBE V's...

We may get a Shuzoku on all the others... you guys know how they switched it up last year w/ the 8's. The Mambacurial 8's didn't have anything on the Back!

I could be wrong, but I think these 9 Stitch Marks on the Back may only be for this "Bruce Lee" style Release Only... and that's why these are the FIRST to Drop.

Just my Theory, though. :nthat:  

ima dig those

They claim they raise the price due to inflation and "higher quality materials", the EM lows are basically the same shoe as the 8s. And inflation is 1.6%, not the 14% that they raised the price on the 9s. I don't see any way that a $20 jump in price is justified. 

I think he's just talking about the way people on NT consistently trash talk shoes and call them crap only to turn around and say they are the GOAT after they drop. It happens in every thread. Don't think he was looking for approval.

tatmantall tatmantall if you're relating to me thanks man I appreciate it. If not me I still appreciate what you saying cause that's what I meant

Back
Top Bottom