THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
the 9 upper is NOT designed to provide support. It has multiple flex points in it for mobility. 

Last edited:
He's quoting a Lil Wayne song which was popular at the time. Don't get your panties in a bunch. And obviously Lil Wayne is not the greatest American insitution of the English language. Just chill.

Last edited:
so you rather believe everything Nike tells you than use common sense and look at the actual product in your hand and analyze the design of it?

roll.gif
mean.gif

After repairing torn atfl's in patients wearing high tops versus those wearing low tops and seeing the damage first hand, I know that flimsy collar on the Kobe XI won't protect your ankle if you land on someones foot. Most high tops won't. Highly doubt Nike R&D tests how much torque can act on the ankle of an athlete wearing some new shoe before there is ligament damage. Don't act like Nike does not have a marketing team. I'm sure you know more though. 
eyes.gif
 Done cluttering this thread with your emotional debate. 

Back to some Kobe 9 talk

Last edited:
Pardon me Doctor.

I didn't realize that you were surgically repairing ligaments and tendons that were injured as a result of the the KOBE 9 Elite's non-supportive UPPER.

We were talking about the Kobe 9 Elites and the TECHNOLOGY used for the shoe's UPPER.

THIS is part of the reason why most of us here are attracted to it and thus bought the shoe.

You made the general assumption that the shoes' upper is not designed to provide support. 

Originally Posted by navster  

the 9 upper is NOT designed to provide support. It has multiple flex points in it for mobility. 

Last edited:
Is 330 for a VNDS pair of the Devotion's a good deal? I'm really considering pulling the trigger on them.

Is 330 for a VNDS pair of the Devotion's a good deal? I'm really considering pulling the trigger on them.

I wouldn't do it for a VNDS shoe... it has to be unworn for me to even consider paying that much.

But if it's cool with you... do it.

Last edited:

Pardon me Doctor.

I didn't realize that you were surgically repairing ligaments and tendons that were injured as a result of the the KOBE 9 Elite's non-supportive UPPER.

We were talking about the Kobe 9 Elites and the TECHNOLOGY used for the shoe's UPPER.

THIS is part of the reason why most of us here are attracted to it and thus bought the shoe.

You made the general assumption that the shoes' upper is not designed to provide support. 

Pardon me Doctor.

my point again... you are engaging in an emotional debate: twisting words to make your argument sound correct while completely ignoring facts I have stated. If you were engaging in an intellectual debate you would realize that the Kobe 9 upper is flyknit. If you were even more proactive, you would go pick up the sneaker and feel the material. You would also see the flex points where the circles are on both the medial and lateral side. Nike and Kobe have both stated the shoe was designed to play as a low and the top collar is for proprioceptive reasons. Proprioception is the sense of position. That is why that material is so thin and light. I will keep making the assumption that the shoes upper is not designed for support because it is not. If you are so convinced that a flyknit upper can protect your ankle then jump on a basketball and let me know what happens. If the lower portion of flyknit can't handle hard lateral movements and has to be backed by hyperfuse for strength then explain to me how you expect the flyknit upper to support 720 Newtons of force at the minimum? 

Last edited:
I have my doubt's as well about paying that much, at least in pics it appears the only thing bad about them is the bottoms are a lil dirty

Back
Top Bottom