THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters

I'll put it like this @TR23  because I don't want you to feel like I'm coming at you, because I don't want to do that around here.  There is a HUGE difference this year in regards to the past 3-4 years.  I don't know what the numbers are, what exactly has changed....but some of these releases are getting easier and easier.  I could speculate that the sneaker resell bubble has burst, or that numbers have increased....but I honestly have no idea.  Of course they'll still play around with the real limited stuff like the J's tomorrow for example.....but I think it's time that we start getting excited again for the opportunity to purchase vs. worrying about them always shafting us.  Not saying I won't ever strike out in the future, but Nike is starting to become a bit more transparent and it's become easier to plan accordingly.

Anyways, get well soon....I'll quit picking on ya 
tongue.gif
laugh.gif
I remember you telling us (me) to take a turn on the pessimism towards upcoming releases. I thought you were a little off your rocker honestly, but today I can see your way of thinking. The Kobes were obviously the most limited of the shoes and I still woke up at 9 and got what I wanted. Now, if that was a year or two ago that would have never happened on a "limited" release.

I don't know what has changed either. All I know is that for the most part if you are a fan of the Big 3 of Nike then you can obtain what you want, within reason. Resellers will be here forever but I hope they are getting discouraged knowing that their profit margins are shrinking. If that happens then the arm chair resellers will go the way of the Dodo bird.

Now, the truest test of what the landscape is starting to look like will be with the WTK. If they are obtainable on a larger scale, even more so than the KD6/LBJ WT, then I will truly start believing Nike is taking a turn to giving the customers what it wants in terms of "limited" supply and not catering to 10k pair that go straight to resellers/ebay.

Last edited:

I remember you telling us (me) to take a turn on the pessimism towards upcoming releases. I thought you were a little off your rocker honestly, but today I can see your way of thinking. The Kobes were obviously the most limited of the shoes and I still woke up at 9 and got what I wanted. Now, if that was a year or two ago that would have never happened on a "limited" release.

I don't know what has changed either. All I know is that for the most part if you are a fan of the Big 3 of Nike then you can obtain what you want, within reason. Resellers will be here forever but I hope they are getting discouraged knowing that their profit margins are shrinking. If that happens then the arm chair resellers will go the way of the Dodo bird.

Now, the truest test of what the landscape is starting to look like will be with the WTK. If they are obtainable on a larger scale, even more so than the KD6/LBJ WT, then I will truly start believing Nike is taking a turn to giving the customers what it wants in terms of "limited" supply and not catering to 10k pair that go straight to resellers/ebay.
Ya something is definitely changing and I enjoy it lol.  It's still too early to tell but I don't think the WTK will come out in WTL numbers, just based on the fact that it seems like they always flood the market with more Lebron's vs Kobe's to begin with.  BUT, my first hunch is that this will either be in Maestro or Christmas numbers.  Just a hunch though....I definitely have no shame in hitting the panic button and voicing my negativity towards the #'s if it ends up turning out that way 
laugh.gif
  Based off the feedback on here....feedback on instagram.....and dudes on twitter desperately trying to sell them for $600 with little to no success....I'm liking our chances so far 

Last edited:

Ya something is definitely changing and I enjoy it lol.  It's still too early to tell but I don't think the WTK will come out in WTL numbers, just based on the fact that it seems like they always flood the market with more Lebron's vs Kobe's to begin with.  BUT, my first hunch is that this will either be in Maestro or Christmas numbers.  Just a hunch though....I definitely have no shame in hitting the panic button and voicing my negativity towards the #'s if it ends up turning out that way 
laugh.gif
  Based off the feedback on here....feedback on twitter.....and dudes on twitter desperately trying to sell them for $600 with little to no success....I'm liking our chances so far 
That is exactly what I have been looking at. I have been looking at how many low tier resellers have full size runs and the markup they are trying to get from them. I am seeing high 5, low 6s and we are still two weeks out. That bodes really well for us trying to get them.

So much shoe sale and stock speculation within the microcosm of NT and a hint of local area anecdot accounts.

If you were able to buy the shoe congrats. If you passed, on to the next releases you're interested.

I think a lot of it is they're less limited releases.

but also, because they're releasing a lot more product in the marketplace. Between Jordan Brand, Nike Retro and the signature lines you're getting a release every week if not several.

Most people pick and choose what you want the most.

The problem is that a lot of people try to buy everything. I notice people seem to buy every Lebron or KD, but then when the next Lebron or KD comes out there seems to be a lot of the last model non-DS for resell.

I personally think a lot of people are backing off the highs(that may off bought when the line was introduced) bc they hard to rock casually! I know some of you wont agree with that statement but there is some truth behind it! EM's were okay but really nothing special after an amazing 8 line! The elite lows have been pretty plain exceptions beets, mc, and mm! Plus throw in the exts and there also has been a little something for everybody! Lets just hope the variety continues and we get great ID choices!

I'm definitely guilty of the"collect 'em all" attitude. Especially on the Kobe 8s. But you'll learn real fast that you run out of money and storage space. Some releases you just have to let go.

Zero interest in the Christmas 9s. Miniscule interest in the WTK9s. I'd like to see pictures of the BHM, but I can't imagine it being that amazing if it's black and white. I do want to see more pictures of the psychedelic EMs.

I'm guilty of the collect them all, pack rat mentality. But space is so limited and the Nike designers are making it easy to skip releases with Pop Art, Brazil's, Black EXTS for $275, etc.

These highs haven't been selling because the colorways suck. I refuse to believe a grown man can't rock a shoe the way he wants or is difficult to do so.

These highs haven't been selling because the colorways suck. I refuse to believe a grown man can't rock a shoe the way he wants or is difficult to do so.

Are we talking about the MP, Inspiration, Details, influence, show time and ASG? Those were all hot. I'd even extend that branch somewhat to the Golds and Super Heros.

OG five releases were fire. Then the flow slowed to a drip.

The only other High I bought was the Victory/Restored (glad I did, too).

Totally got screwed with the Elite lows. I'll be making an iD of those and a real flyknit MC iD of the Lunar2.

i like the victories and braves just the price isn't attractive to me.  200usd is still alot.

I don't think I'm guilty of being a pack rat but I AM guilty of thinking that each pair has feelings and when I don't wear one enough, I feel like I need to give it a new home 
roll.gif

Missed out on this, though I got my eyes peeled for some imminent restocks.
Size 13 yall; who got me? :wink:

Last edited:
Nope. Kobe hasnt laced up a xmas shoe since 2012. Also..i dont understand why the shoe is any better if the athlete wore em. We get like 30 colorways a model now plus PEs and ids. Not like its special anymore.
Shouldnt it be special tho since Kobe ACTUALLY wore the shoe? I guess to each its own

Anyone receive confirmation from KB24? My order processed last night and I got that email, but haven't heard anything as to whether or not the order will be processed.

Could someone please recommend me to a place that sells/have exact or similar laces to the Kobe 9's High ?? I want to do a black lace swap on the Christmas joints. I think that black laces would set the shoe off perfectly.

Back
Top Bottom