THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters

Ive balled a few times in the all black pair...takes a few wears to break in...similar to the 8 in performance...not as much lockdown in the heal as the 8/9 tho...can swap out insoles like the 8/9s...not bad for a shoe priced at 100...def better then the venomenoms...good shoe to add to any indoor rotation imo
Thanks for sharing -- I'm debating grabbing a pair for outdoor ball when the weather warms up around here.  I've got 8s and 9s so I could swap inserts in and out.

Does the traction seem pretty sturdy on these (will it hold up decent outdoors)?

9 highs were and are my fave Kobe of alltime
I'm going to go ahead and say the same. I'm also going to go ahead and be sappy as to why. Went through a lot of personal issues by the end of 2012, heck even up to now. The 9's were one of the few things that kept my sanity in check, especially the highs. I draw a lot from the meaning of the stitches on the back and how I felt during that achilles game and onward. Gotta love that symbolism.

Thanks for sharing -- I'm debating grabbing a pair for outdoor ball when the weather warms up around here.  I've got 8s and 9s so I could swap inserts in and out.

Does the traction seem pretty sturdy on these (will it hold up decent outdoors)?
the outsole is pretty similar to the venomenoms and would def be a good shoe for outdoors..prolly a lil better than indoor imo

Wait the x is going to be 180? For basically the same model they have put out with the 8 and 9 em for 140 and 160? Smh.

Resell fail like the Lebrons
laugh.gif
These WTK's had resellers trap written all over them :tongue:   I'm glad they're failing

From my experience I would use something with zoom for outdoor ball (like the 5's or 6's). They'll last longer and help with the impact protection on your knees. When playing outside the surface is a lot less forgiving and in my opinion the Lunarlon can lead to knee pain due to lack of cushioning (at least it did for me).

Last edited:

I'm going to go ahead and say the same. I'm also going to go ahead and be sappy as to why. Went through a lot of personal issues by the end of 2012, heck even up to now. The 9's were one of the few things that kept my sanity in check, especially the highs. I draw a lot from the meaning of the stitches on the back and how I felt during that achilles game and onward. Gotta love that symbolism.
Respect, the 9's are not only my fav Kobe's of all time they are one of my fav shoes of all time.  I really feel like this will go down as classics and I can't wait till they retro them lol. 

From my experience I would use something with zoom for outdoor ball (like the 5's or 6's). They'll last longer and help with the impact protection on your knees. 8's and 9's are more suited for indoor basketball. When playing outside the surface is a lot less forgiving and in my opinion the Lunarlon can lead to knee pain due to lack of cushioning (at least it did for me).
I agree actually and have played in both lunar/phylon + zoom and some other setups outdoors.  The Kobe 8 midsole just doesn't hang long outdoors... had an XDR pair that I burned through and they played great, but it was tough coming down on them after the inserts broke in/bottomed out more.  You confirmed my decision to hold out on the mentality haha

Last edited:
sorry off topic, but I saw this guy last week at CES.  Reminded me of kobe 9s.  This guy looks like a hipster though.  

^ Cosby looks like a woman just told him "no". Next comes the laced drink..

Sorry, just too many women coming forth for him to be innocent

And the low WTK custom does look better assuming the tailoring job is on point

Anyone in So Cal know if the HOH at South Coast already called regarding the BHM Raffle?  hopes getting down =T

Anyone in So Cal know if the HOH at South Coast already called regarding the BHM Raffle?  hopes getting down =T

I don't think they've called yet, my friend and I both have raffles from there and he was told they'd be callin sometime today.

Back
Top Bottom