THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters

Unlikely, I figure, but if somehow the day ever comes where Nike puts IX lows back on ID, I'm going buck wild LOL. Not just with MC, but with loads of stuff. Not only am I pissed I never made my own MCs, but also never ordered a black and white pair I designed that was sick as well. Finally having my own pair in hand, everything about these--the shape, construction, materials--puts them up there as one of my favorite shoes of all time. 
Went close to doing a solid white ID but I remembered too many concerns revolving around quality (i.e. painted flyknit). No matter how much I attempted to compiling a clean design, it would haven ever came close to the color blocking of the Beets.

I was lucky to purchase an MC ID during the second wave release. Miss those somewhat but I'm happy with what I got left (though IV's need to come back like now). 

the only 9s i have is this too. was gomma buy more but i tore some ankle ligament with these and miss my championship game. just wearing it casually now.
Sorry to hear about your ankle and missed game. Have any of the other models been playable for you to wear at least?

Sorry to hear about your ankle and missed game. Have any of the other models been playable for you to wear at least?
i play with my IVs and VIIIs and recently XIs. just got the ADs so im hoping that would replace the others since it was inly 50 bucks

hey guys~

I was curious if anyone here on this thread knows of any websites, or sellers, that are selling some of the rarer Kobe's?? Mainly the Kobe 4's and 5's. I am talkinb about like promo sample pairs, and things of that nature. If any of you guys remember that list that I believe Complex Magazine had made, of Kobe's Top 81 Rarest Sneakers that were never released of the Kobe 1-8 model's I believe, I am thinking more along those lines. I know some of the pairs I am looking for are probably near impossible to find, but just to list a few:

Xmas 4s

Xmas iD 4s

Mother Lover 4s

UNC 4s

Think Pink 4s

Marty McFly 4s

Inspector Gadget 5s

Parade 5s

and whichever others I may be forgetting at the moment....sorry I am writing this post off the top of my head right now, during the middle of the night, lol.

This is also my first post to this Kobe 9 thread, but I am definitely an old-time Kobe fan, since the start of days in the NBA with Adidas... But I am always looking for special pairs of Kobe's to purchase and add to my collection! As for those rarer pairs, size isn't of grave importance, but I am a size 10-11 when it comes to pairs I wear.

I appreciate any feedback or love thrown my way, and I hope ya'll have a great day!

Mahalos,

Tek

hey guys~

I was curious if anyone here on this thread knows of any websites, or sellers, that are selling some of the rarer Kobe's?? Mainly the Kobe 4's and 5's. I am talkinb about like promo sample pairs, and things of that nature. If any of you guys remember that list that I believe Complex Magazine had made, of Kobe's Top 81 Rarest Sneakers that were never released of the Kobe 1-8 model's I believe, I am thinking more along those lines. I know some of the pairs I am looking for are probably near impossible to find, but just to list a few:

Xmas 4s

Xmas iD 4s

Mother Lover 4s

UNC 4s

Think Pink 4s

Marty McFly 4s

Inspector Gadget 5s

Parade 5s

and whichever others I may be forgetting at the moment....sorry I am writing this post off the top of my head right now, during the middle of the night, lol.

This is also my first post to this Kobe 9 thread, but I am definitely an old-time Kobe fan, since the start of days in the NBA with Adidas... But I am always looking for special pairs of Kobe's to purchase and add to my collection! As for those rarer pairs, size isn't of grave importance, but I am a size 10-11 when it comes to pairs I wear.

I appreciate any feedback or love thrown my way, and I hope ya'll have a great day!

Mahalos,

Tek
I think you can request pairs on the GOAT app

Guys was this cw ever a legit release? Loving it but all the image sources are from random scam-looking sites.

Guys was this cw ever a legit release? Loving it but all the image sources are from random scam-looking sites.

View media item 2424000
I've never seen this colorway either but the construction looks legit. The mesh pattern, shape and outsole pattern are all pointing to authentic. I don't have a Kobe IX to compare as I'm writing this but usually the fake ones are screaming fake. On the fake ones, you can tell easily because of the mesh pattern, shape of the shoes and other small details are just different.

Did you try and they cancelled it? I didnt try but that is a cw that I didnt want either.

I didn't try on this one but it's generally what happens on ftl. This happened recently where some kobe 4''s popped up. Someone bought them and received some random shoe.

I didn't try on this one but it's generally what happens on ftl. This happened recently where some kobe 4''s popped up. Someone bought them and received some random shoe.
Damn that sucks... I was thinking on trying just for ***** and giggles but decided against it in the end. Hopefully someone lucks out and actually gets them. 

If I need a pair of replacement midsoles, is the cheapest way to just cop a used pair on ebay?

Is there anyway to just buy a new pair of midsoles?

Or the Elites or the LeBron XI for full length zoom
I have a pair of Lebron XI midsoles.

But by far the best setup I've tried is actually using one of those ebay full length zooms under a full length lunarlon midsole

The difference between this setup and stock FLZ from Kobe 11 iDs and Lebrons, is how far forward the zoom reaches

Both stock FLZs only just barely reach to the ball of your forefoot, whereas sliding a pair of ebay FLZs underneath means the zoom is long enough to reach all the way forward, under your toes

The problem is that the ride height of this setup is too high, making my toes scrape against the upper enough that skin on the top of my toes rub off after a night of games.

Last edited:
what size did you go with @omglawlz?

Ive bought a Large before as a 10-11 sz footer and it was a little too small. I ran that exact setup in my kobe 9s though and loved it. 

Last edited:
I have a pair of Lebron XI midsoles.

But by far the best setup I've tried is actually using one of those ebay full length zooms under a full length lunarlon midsole

The difference between this setup and stock FLZ from Kobe 11 iDs and Lebrons, is how far forward the zoom reaches

Both stock FLZs only just barely reach to the ball of your forefoot, whereas sliding a pair of ebay FLZs underneath means the zoom is long enough to reach all the way forward, under your toes

The problem is that the ride height of this setup is too high, making my toes scrape against the upper enough that skin on the top of my toes rub off after a night of games.
I also got those full length zoom airs on eBay, tried them in the EMs and couldn't deal with the tightness in the toe box. Now I just use them in my Vans/Polo shoes lol waste of money but can't get my money back. Was also disappointed in the LeBron XI insole, I did try both of em together in a Kobe 9 china though, cushion was crazy but my feet hurt after 10 mins and changed back to my CEs lol

Back
Top Bottom