The Official Kobe X iD thread

Hey guys, do yourself a favor and look at the renderings before complaining about the green glow upper.

The solid green glow one looks EXACTLY like it does in the rendering.

Hey guys, do yourself a favor and look at the renderings before complaining about the green glow upper.
Nobody said it didn't, and I don't see anyone complaining about anything like that. I simply made a joke at the expense of those using filters. And others might have real reasons to be upset due to the fact that 100% of all the earlier pictures made the shoe look completely different than what the actual product was, seeing how they might have ordered due to those pictures and, as a result, they now have money and time tied into shoes they don't actually want.
Atleast read what's being said/happening if you're going to post something about what's being said/happening.

Last edited:

Yeah, sure...
THIS

NOT this...  In the renderings the upper/liner/tongue all look almost identical to the flyknit color.  This is absolutely not "EXACTLY" like the finished product.

Here are some pics from my first NikeiD that I received this past Thursday.  Hope that you like them as much as I do.

I selected the medium setting.  Hope that's alright and isn't messing with anyone's connection out in the boonies. 
happy.gif

Here are some pics from my first NikeiD that I received this past Thursday.  Hope that you like them as much as I do.

I selected the medium setting.  Hope that's alright and isn't messing with anyone's connection out in the boonies. 
happy.gif
Look how nice the asymmetrical flyknit looks compared to the solid flyknit. I wonder why that is.

Love the asymmetrical reds! And the WTK are nice but not nice enough to order two pairs to make the set. 

Look how nice the asymmetrical flyknit looks compared to the solid flyknit. I wonder why that is.
I noticed that when building my pair.  The rendering of the solid flyknit looked nasty.  That was the deciding factor for why I went with the asymmetrical upper.  Wanted the red to look more red, not washed out.  Here's another view of them, on foot.

Last edited:

I noticed that when building my pair.  The rendering of the solid flyknit looked nasty.  That was the deciding factor for why I went with the asymmetrical upper.  Wanted the red to look more red, not washed out.  Here's another view of them, on foot.
Really nice. Probably the best red pair I've seen 

Agreed that the asymmetric seems to hold the dye/paint much better.  Likely has to do with the white starting point (or maybe the weave).  Grabbed a few shots from IG to help me decide wether or not to pull the trigger on a Green Glow pair...  The solid might even look better in the pic than in reality (not sure if a filter was applied as it isn't my pic)

The Green Glow looks a bit better on that top asym pic than that bottom filtered pic.

So if a color is to be chosen, you'd be doing yourself a favor to make it asym? Got it

Last edited:
Symmetrical and asymmetrical seem to be equally ashy to me. Pics are filtered and most owners don't want to be honest about it out of "saltiness" about it. Imo

Last edited:
I think its what @SNKRspot  said. They both may be poorly dyed but since the asymmetrical option has a white base it looks a little better. I personally wouldn't opt for any of the color options. Even the solid black option looks dyed in some of the photos.

Having had the asymmetrical green glow in hand, I can tell you they are not as bright as depicted on the above photos.

In addition, the toe box appears greyish; definitely darker than the green glow flyknit on the outside of the shoe.

Also, it doesn't match the green glow tongue in brightness. Anywhere.

Here's a photo I might have already posted :

View media item 1639680

Waiting currently on a green glow pair without the assymetry, will post non filtered photos then !

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom